Style Parkland
Ellesmere Golf Club

Year Built 1913

Ellesmere golf course

Despite all the rain over the previous few days the course was in in great condition This course in my opinion has the best greens around without doubt and I’ve played a lot of courses. Credit to the green staff. Will play course again this year

Friendly and good condition can’t ask for more

I stumbled across this golf course too late this year it is in my opinion. The best in this area for quality of course cost and friendly members I now play here every other weekend alternating between here and Rossendale I am thinking of joining, It’s that good. greens are always good if choosing between Manchester,Whitefield,bury,Farnworth Hart Common etc This wins.

Some good testing short holes

Course only had 15 holes as one green was being rebuilt, but impacted on adjoining two holes

Very good

Friendly pro and well stocked pro shop. Course marking and facilies are top notch. We've had 2-3 weeks of solid rain but the course drainage held up well. Members were friendly on the way around.

There are a few sneaky brooks to be cautious of as a first time player. If there's a dip, it's probably got water running through it. A course map would have been welcome. Holes are very well marked, every hole had a good selection of yardage markers.

The group in front were ridiculously slow but that can't be held against the course.

Great greens

Played the course after continues lack of rain. Fairway grass was burned but this is unavoidable. Some very interesting holes but all the greens run true and are very consistent. One of the best I’ve played.

Excellent course

Played this course for the 1st time and thoroughly enjoyed it... the only downside was that there where to many cross over holes as some tees played over last green so very stop start otherwise I wouldn't fault it...

Excellent greens

Greens in excellent condition despite the exceptionally dry weather

It was the first time we had played the course and was in excellent condition considering the recent weather. The greens were the best we have played on this year..Would certainly recommend it and will be going back again

Superb Greens

Despite the very dry conditions, the greens were in excellent condition. Full marks to the ground staff

This course has some challenging holes

Took me by surprise this course,really enjoyed my day out,need to play it again to correct a few holes that i would read differently next time overall a gem.

Great course well looked after

Really enjoyed my round and was well looked after by pro and staff. Would highly recommend this course it was in tremendous condition. Greens were true and bunkers well sanded. Some great holes and i think everyone who plays the course will love it.

the course was tremendous

got there 15 minutes before our tee time and had a few putts on a well presented putting green . Teed off at our given time and when we got on the first hole the green was absolutely magnificent the green was very fast and true . During our round we found that all the greens were of the same standard as the first. Credit must be given to the green keepers for the standard of the course which we rated as magnificent.Having played numerous courses this year this course was head and shoulders above the rest. Following our round we went into the clubhouse for refreshments and food and were greetied by welcoming and friendly bar staff. the golf and the day was a total pleasure and have told others of the experience Will be looking forward to a return visit.Members have got a fantastic golf course in tremendous condition.

Great little course!

This course is always in good condition. It’s not the longest course but many interesting holes make it more difficult than you can imagine. It’s a classic, you better hit it straight course! I play all over the north west and I’ll play this course a few times a year. I paid £16 on bank holiday Monday for a 3pm tee time. We pretty much had the course to ourselves. Didn’t go into the club house but it looks lovely. Recommend to anybody, first time playing though will be difficult because some holes are that tricky. You’ll enjoy though.

Give Thursdays a miss

I would love to give this course 5 stars, the condition for the time of year is very good. All the staff are professional and friendly. Now we come to the bad bit, Thursday is ladies day (an antiquated concept nowadays) our tee time placed us behind the lady captains three ball. Sorry to say this ladies but you were slow, slow and slower, a great pity really because, we would, under normal circumstances have been on our second pint long before it started raining.

Excellent course

Played here on Saturday for the 1st time and was an amazing course and in lovely condition. Middle of winter and still the greens and fairways were immaculate and in pristine condition.
All staff and members were very polite and made me feel welcome.
Now requested details about membership enjoyed the course and staff so much.
Anyone thinking should I or look elsewhere just book here and you will not be disappointed.

Played on sunday the course layout was terrible menbers were rude and holes were not very well sign posted.will not be playing it again.

What a lovely course

I spent a very pleasant 3 hours and 45 minutes playing this course today in the blazing sun. I tee'd off at 11:36am and the course was quite quiet, but as I was playing single I did catch a couple of groups up quickly - and to be fair to them they let me play through and were very polite and helpful (especially as it wasn't clear on a couple of early holes which way to go to the next tee for a newbie).
The course is quite flat, so fairly easy on the legs, but is nice and challenging too. There were a couple of blind holes, a deceptive hollow, and a very narrow par 3 that I managed to birdie (my only birdie!).The greens were fast and in great condition, and the hole course played really well.
I would definitely play this course again, even if as a visitor it is £10 more than my usual course Swinton Park.

Ellesmere GC

Good course in great condition and greens were lovely and fast, only thing let us down we couldn't get drink after as there was a wedding on......

Kearsley, Bolton