Ellesmere Golf Club

White 70 6287 yards
Yellow 70 6077 yards
Red (W) 72 5396 yards
Scorecard for Ellesmere Golf Club
White M: 68.7/117 162 399 504 259 371 417 349 439 180 3080 419 436 206 409 153 536 388 503 157 3207 6287
Yellow M: 67.2/115 153 387 494 249 365 408 325 430 162 2973 411 422 206 381 153 533 370 499 147 3122 6095
Red W: 67.1/113 147 362 424 132 353 393 325 383 104 2623 366 406 191 355 143 410 311 478 122 2782 5405

Year Built 1913

Great greens

Played the course after continues lack of rain. Fairway grass was burned but this is unavoidable. Some very interesting holes but all the greens run true and are very consistent. One of the best I’ve played.

Excellent course

Played this course for the 1st time and thoroughly enjoyed it... the only downside was that there where to many cross over holes as some tees played over last green so very stop start otherwise I wouldn't fault it...

Excellent greens

Greens in excellent condition despite the exceptionally dry weather

It was the first time we had played the course and was in excellent condition considering the recent weather. The greens were the best we have played on this year..Would certainly recommend it and will be going back again

Superb Greens

Despite the very dry conditions, the greens were in excellent condition. Full marks to the ground staff

This course has some challenging holes

Took me by surprise this course,really enjoyed my day out,need to play it again to correct a few holes that i would read differently next time overall a gem.

Great course well looked after

Really enjoyed my round and was well looked after by pro and staff. Would highly recommend this course it was in tremendous condition. Greens were true and bunkers well sanded. Some great holes and i think everyone who plays the course will love it.

the course was tremendous

got there 15 minutes before our tee time and had a few putts on a well presented putting green . Teed off at our given time and when we got on the first hole the green was absolutely magnificent the green was very fast and true . During our round we found that all the greens were of the same standard as the first. Credit must be given to the green keepers for the standard of the course which we rated as magnificent.Having played numerous courses this year this course was head and shoulders above the rest. Following our round we went into the clubhouse for refreshments and food and were greetied by welcoming and friendly bar staff. the golf and the day was a total pleasure and have told others of the experience Will be looking forward to a return visit.Members have got a fantastic golf course in tremendous condition.

Great little course!

This course is always in good condition. It’s not the longest course but many interesting holes make it more difficult than you can imagine. It’s a classic, you better hit it straight course! I play all over the north west and I’ll play this course a few times a year. I paid £16 on bank holiday Monday for a 3pm tee time. We pretty much had the course to ourselves. Didn’t go into the club house but it looks lovely. Recommend to anybody, first time playing though will be difficult because some holes are that tricky. You’ll enjoy though.

Give Thursdays a miss

I would love to give this course 5 stars, the condition for the time of year is very good. All the staff are professional and friendly. Now we come to the bad bit, Thursday is ladies day (an antiquated concept nowadays) our tee time placed us behind the lady captains three ball. Sorry to say this ladies but you were slow, slow and slower, a great pity really because, we would, under normal circumstances have been on our second pint long before it started raining.

Excellent course

Played here on Saturday for the 1st time and was an amazing course and in lovely condition. Middle of winter and still the greens and fairways were immaculate and in pristine condition.

All staff and members were very polite and made me feel welcome.

Now requested details about membership enjoyed the course and staff so much.

Anyone thinking should I or look elsewhere just book here and you will not be disappointed.

Played on sunday the course layout was terrible menbers were rude and holes were not very well sign posted.will not be playing it again.

What a lovely course

I spent a very pleasant 3 hours and 45 minutes playing this course today in the blazing sun. I tee'd off at 11:36am and the course was quite quiet, but as I was playing single I did catch a couple of groups up quickly - and to be fair to them they let me play through and were very polite and helpful (especially as it wasn't clear on a couple of early holes which way to go to the next tee for a newbie).

The course is quite flat, so fairly easy on the legs, but is nice and challenging too. There were a couple of blind holes, a deceptive hollow, and a very narrow par 3 that I managed to birdie (my only birdie!).The greens were fast and in great condition, and the hole course played really well.

I would definitely play this course again, even if as a visitor it is £10 more than my usual course Swinton Park.

Ellesmere GC

Good course in great condition and greens were lovely and fast, only thing let us down we couldn't get drink after as there was a wedding on......

The course was in great condition,very good grens.it was not very busy so it was especially enjoyable.The course has a good variety of holes and is on the whole easy walking.I would recommend this course.Members were very friendly

Enjoyable round of golf

Some of the Tee placements make hitting the fairways somewhat tight but enjoyable The fairways tend to open out with few doglegs. Also, some of the Greens are guarded by gulleys, trees and water. A very nice course for all types of golfers.

Great course, will go again

The course conditions were great, fairly forgiving fairways and very well kept greens. The layout is slightly odd, crossing over yourself a few times but doesn't effect play much. Unfortunately, we got stuck behind two slow groups of four so we skipped 2 holes to get ahead and ended up joining a couple of very friendly members for the final few holes. I'll definitely be playing there again and would recommend despite the (hopefully one-off) slow play.

excellent condition

I played a couple of times over the winter and thought the course was pretty average. however just played and the course was in really good condition greens were superb

First time played

First time I played at ellesmere golf club, found golf course in really good conditions. They rough was really messy and punished wayward shots, bunkers actually had sand in which a surprise from the last courses I've played. I didn't understand the layout of the course playing the 12th to then walk backwards to the 13th is strange.

Overall I really and enjoyed my round and would happily play again, probably play better knowing the course better specially the 17th.

Always a pleasure.

I have played here a couple of times now, and i must say i really enjoy the course everytime i play. The weather wasn't up to much when we played, but that didn't take anything away from the course as it held up well with very wet conditions. This is a course i like playing at and will definitely be returning many times. Stand out holes for me are the par 3 9th which is just a stunning hole and the par 5 17th which is interesting to say the least, you need to play with somebody who knows the course for this hole, or do some research.

Manchester, Manchester