Style Parkland
Elton Furze Golf Club

Year Built 1993

Dress code Smart golfing wear. No denim, t-shirts, track suits, trainers, clothing with offensive logos or written messages, strapless tops (ladies).

Trip out to Elton Furze

Friend and I wanted a trip out to a good layout Course, having both played it a few years ago.
Welcome was good, Course was in absolutely fabulous condition with lush fairways tightly mown but with grass coverage., Greens at a fair pace and everyone playing at a sensible pace. We ambled round in 3 1/2 hours on a chilly but sunny morning.
We had a drink after golf and a cheese and onion toasty , which was brilliant.
In summary we had the most superb day on a wonderful Course and the owners should be proud of their Course, greens staff and bar lady. Greenkeeper even tracked us down to return a hardcover for my friend who had dropped it on the Course.

Good course, very good condition

A good blend of holes, some tight fairways requiring accurate tee shots, some more open and longer par 4’s requiring accurate and well struck 6,7,8 iron approaches. An excellent run of holes starting mid way through the front nine is always a test.
Greens are always v.good, fairways always good and the bunkers are well looked after and have plenty of sand.
8/10 considering everything.

Lovely course for the summer I imagine

8 of us played here Sunday 17th Nov. It has a Lovely small but well stocked club shop. We had tee times but was told to go put our balls in a “roll up” as there was several people on the tee. We waited as unsure to us the idea behind it. Generally the greens were in great condition even if a little mossy they were very firm and flat. The course layout is good and a very good challenge with good variety. However as much as we wanted to play the course shouldn’t of been open (many other local courses were shut we were told). I’d estimate 6-7 fairways We’re water logged with more rough areas alongside being the same but obviously with very long grass due to the wet weather not being cut. In our foursome alone we lost 5 balls on the fairways (presumably plugged) and another 6 I think in the rough areas. Whilst I agree to supply and demand I would expect common sense it’ll either protecting your course or compensating the customer by way of a discount or a small sleeve of balls? Obviously because of this (& the group in front mentioned the same) the pace was extremely slow resulting in a 4 and a half hour round. Would I come again? Possible if someone had arranged it but not personally. It’s the little things for me.
The bar area and facilities were absolutely excellent btw.

Nice greens

Good golf course and definitely worth a visit. Drainage is not good, so I think this course would be a lot better in the summer.

Lovely course

Not a bad hole on the course. Thoroughly enjoyed playing here.. will come again.

Great course in beautiful condition super fast greens .look forward to playing again soon.

E.Furze lazy Sunday afternoon

Tee quiet so no lengthy hold ups. Course in good condition considering the recent weather. Love playing here opposed to other local courses. The feeling of playing golf in the immediate countryside with no car noise or houses in view, bliss. Lovely course, great amenities, a stones throw from the A1.

Good value

Fairways hard and fast greens in good condition but could be faster

Course in good condition

After playing other local courses Elton Furze in best condition. Like all other course hopefully more grass cutting will take place around the first-cut of fairways. One of our favourite courses and good value.

Excellent Value and Good Course

Very enjoyable round on a crisp but sunny winters afternoon. Course in good condition although the greens which ran true were very mossy and I wonder what they'll be like in the summer.
Excellent value for money and friendly staff.

Excellent Round of Golf

Played at 0900 PNP a lovely Autumn day. I had played there a number of times but my two colleagues were first timers.
Good welcome on arrival.
Course in very good condition including the bunkers which I experienced too many of. Greens ran very true, fairways again very good.
Good hospitality in the club house
Generally a very enjoyable four hours and good value for money.
Will revisit

Elton Furze

Played here on a breezy sunday afternoon, course was in great condition, greens were good even though some maintenance had been completed recently, warm welcome in the pro shop, which was still open when we finished at 5pm, you can open your chest up and give it a bash here, although the last few holes narrow down a bit and the last few are lso open to the elements a bit more, making it a difficult finish, overall a very good mix of holes, very nice setting, we will definitely go back

A good challenging course

Played Elton Furse 4 times now. We like the course layout. Only negative this time was the second cut grass along fardways and greens too long, making ball finding and exiting frustrating and time wasting. Especially around the greens. Otherwise course in excellent condition. We will return. Handicap 24.

Entertaining Elton

Nice and easy start to the round with an easy first hole, we quickly have 2 par 3's in the next 4 holes, then we have very hard holes 6 & 7. The back nine starts with the easiest hole on the course ( 10 ), then the difficult par 5 11th, easier holes come along but then the last 2 holes are long and into the wind most days, not the longest course but a very fair test for all standard of player

Have played here on a couple of previous occasions as midway point between myself & my son. Course always in excellent condition and all staff & members make us extremely welcome.

Last minute golf deal

Played the course mid summer and it was in excellent condition. There are some very challenging holes and you need to think on each tee rather than reaching for the driver as danger awaits a wayward drive.

Orton Waterville, Peterborough
Bodsey, Ramsey
Ramsey, Huntingdonshire
Edith Weston, Rutland

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.