Falconhead Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Architect Chris Gray (2003)

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Walking Allowed Yes, at restricted times
Dress code Traditional golf attire. Collared shirts required, cutoff shorts not allowed.

Falcon head

Played this course before. It’s a beautiful course. Plays long, pace is quick. The staff is friendly and helpful. We will definitely play it again.

Falconhead was Fabulous!

Great day for golf at Falconhead! Loved the course, especially #8.... Fivesome in front of us was kind of slow, but otherwise an enjoyable round!

Pro course

Beautiful and well kept in excellent condition. Could use better, more fluffy sand in traps. Lacks yardage markers on course. Each golf cart comes with cooler containing ice.

Great Course, Scenery, and Play

I loved this course, and I will be back to play many times.

First time playing Falcon head, and enjoyed the round even if the score did not reflect it. Course is in great condition and provides challenges for every golfer! 2 thumbs up!

Love .

I love this course! Green is still in good shape and easy place for a round of golf .
Wish I could play more often here .

tough greens to putt

Gorgeous layout..fantastic shape....tough greens to putt with subtle changes due to the hills... generous wide fairways...course was in great shape..pace of play was outstanding...it's played through a PUD with a variety of homes on the edges but not too close to the course...pro shop and bar area are nothing special...but had a decent chicken salad sandwich... a good variety of tough par 3's and tough par 4's to go with some easier holes...it has a driving range....

The course was in incredible shape. Well maintained.

WHERE HAVE ALL THE MARSHALS GONE?

Another LENGTHY round @Falconhead. 5+hours!, This is what's killing the game. Competent marshals appear to be extinct. We had a novice golfer ahead of us playing from the gold tee so we constantly had to wait at the tee-box for him to clear out before we could hit.
So much for the USGA promotion of 'playing it forward' to enhance EVERYBODY'S Enjoyment of the game!

To be fair to the course, it was in superb condition and when it blows there it is a tough challenge..

Don't Play on Sunday

Absolutely no sense of urgency regarding speed of play. The round took 5 and a half hours for a twosome! While the brief rain shower slowed things a bit, the marshals only laughed when we asked if the group in front of us could be sped up. Nice course, but waiting 15 minutes between shots is ridiculous. Won't be going back.

Bachelor Party Perfection

We played a s a group, in town for a bachelor party. The staff was very helpful over the phone before we booked, exceptional upon arrival and after the round. The golf course was in great shape, perfectly raked bunkers, pristine fairways and fast, true greens. The layout is exciting, fair and challenging. Even the beverage cart was managed expertly. She came around often and was careful not to interfere or distract us. I can’t recall playing at a course where professionalism was so obvious in all facets; service, maintenance and performance. Loved this course and our experience. Thank you Falconhead Golf Course.

Greens with spin

Great layout. Course in great shape.
Over 4.5 hours though. I'm guessing there were members causing the delay.
The course seems to play longer than the yardage..."blue" seems short on the card but plays like a blue.

Great Find on our first visit to Austin

Came with a group (12 guys) of average to above average players. First visit to Austin. We showed up with little time to spare before tee time. Starter was friendly and accommodating. This course was very scenic, had a wide variety of challenging holes. Greens were in perfect shape. Cart attendant was friendly although did not come around too often which could have been a point of improvement. The homes on the course are beautiful although do not come into play much which is a plus. Course is very playable in terms of having a wide range of abilities. Overall our group felt lucky to find this place and would definitely go back.

Never Going Back!

So, the course definitely had potential. The layout what interesting and challenging, but also forgiving to beginners. the greens were okay, and the fairways had minimal crabgrass. Carts were probably fancy at one time, but minimal maintenance lead to ours struggling on hills.

The reason we refuse, and the reason we will urge others to go elsewhere, was the staff. The kitchen/ bar staff was friendly enough, but our encounter with a marshal/ greens keeper/ whatever entitled position he held, was ABSURD. I so dearly wish I could have remembered his name so this review would be personalized.

Our first hole of 18, left enough of a bitter taste for me to go out of my way to create an account here to write a review.

So most courses in Kansas/ Missouri, allow you to bring your own beverages to a course. We brought 4 beers (one for each player), unaware of the legality in Texas. We understand we were in the wrong, and the lesson has been learned. HOWEVER the method of enforcing this rule was outrageously inappropriate. Not only did he come screaming at us while in the middle of our puts, he made a point to single out my roomate's girlfriend with RACIAL SLURS (who also happens to be a minority). The way he worded his reprimanding, set the tone for the whole day. She felt targeted and demoralized to the point of tears. THERE IS A WAY TO HANDLE THE SITUATION PROFESSIONALLY AND COURTEOUSLY, AND HE FAILED TO DO SO ENTIRELY. These are the kind of employees that make or break a business.

After this gross misuse of authority, you won't find any of us or our peers remotely close to this golf course. I hope they restructure their staff to a more professional setting, because the course has so much potential. COMPLETE WASTE OF $40.

Good experience today

Course was in excellent condition today. The rain has helped.

Great Trac, worth the extra $

Finally treated myself to a course other than an Austin muni, was worth the extra cost. Find a fair priced round on GN and you won’t be disappointed. Fairways were pristine and greens rolled a true 9-10. 2 of the greens had a few rough patches but compared to some other courses in the area there was no comparison. Only negative is that practice facility didn’t open till 10:30 on tuesdays.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.