Falconhead Golf Club

• 15201 Falconhead Blvd, Austin, Texas 78738, Travis County
  • www.falconheadaustin.com
Write Review

Year built: 2003
Architect(s): Chris Gray (2003)
Type: Public

Practice bunker: Yes

Walking allowed: Yes, at restricted times
Metal spikes allowed: Soft spikes only
Dress code: Traditional golf attire. Collared shirts required, cutoff shorts not allowed.
Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers locals a weekend splurge   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers plays long   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

"Very nice course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

This is a very nice course. It is challenging but not overly hard for even the weekend golfer. I would recommend playing here if you’re in the area. You won’t be disappointed.

Commented on 05/21/2018

Thank you u2436417 for visiting us from Corpus Christi and writing a great five star review from your weekend visit! We hope to see you again soon this season at Falconhead Golf Club.

uYOXE9221YO's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2018

Response from Falconhead Golf Club on 05/17/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at Falconhead Golf Club in Austin. Thank you for playing our course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Great course"

kajunbaby's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

Course is in excellent shape.....greens are true fairways very good

Response from Falconhead Golf Club on 05/16/2018:

Hello kajunbaby, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent experience at Falconhead Golf Club. Thank you for playing our course and we hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 05/16/2018

Thank you for the five star review and rating! We are happy to hear you had a great time on the greens and the conditions met your expectations. Come back and tee off again at Rams Hill this season!

"worth the drive!"

Notoriousbigb's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

Excellent conditions! Greens are rolling true after being aerated. Get out there!

Commented on 05/14/2018

Thank you Notoriousbigb for hitting the greens at Falconhead Golf Club! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the course and your expectations on the conditions were met. Hope to see you back on the course this season!

"One of my favorites in Austin"

brodaddy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2018

Note to self: Wednesdays are course maintenance days, apparently, and don't get stuck between impatient member groups. Fairways were well maintained and greens rolled true, as evidenced by real time work of crewmembers on every other hole. Bunkers were still wet from rain a few days ago, as were areas with thicker rough or more shade. Practice facility is one of the best in Austin, public or uber private.

Commented on 05/11/2018

Thank you for the review and feedback from your recent visit to Falconhead. We are happy to hear you had a great time at out practice facility! Hope to see you again soon this season!

fred8084095's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

Response from Falconhead Golf Club on 05/11/2018:

Hello fred8084095, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an excellent experience at Falconhead Golf Club in Austin. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

"Exceeded My Expectations"

CaptWillard's avatar
Mississippi Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

I’m usually wary of residential courses, but I don’t think a house/yard came into play all day. It’s a really sprawling, contoured track. Very enjoyable.

Commented on 04/30/2018

Thank you CaptWillard for the great five star rating and review from your recent visit at Falconhead. We are pleased to hear you had a great time on the course! We hope to see you again at the course in the near future!

"Golf Outing"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

Great day, great friends, and nice course. Only negatives were firm, recently punched greens. Nice views and elevation changes made playing both exciting and challenging. Basic green fees are high, but would play again with a coupon.

Commented on 04/30/2018

Thank you u4951668 for the four star rating and review from your recent visit with us at Falconhead! We hope to see you and your friends again soon this season!

"Greens"

Doug3015975's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

This course has lots of beautiful scenery but is very hard and unfair and the greens we’re recently punched and would have been nice if I was told that when booking. Way very priced in my opinion

Response from Falconhead Golf Club on 04/30/2018:

Hello Doug3015975, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of the greens and the value for the money. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Falconhead Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

"Fun course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

very playable course - great layout. every hole is different. Course would be phenomenal if maintained properly. not in horrible shape, just not in great shape either.

Commented on 05/09/2018

thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear that the course conditions were poor. This is not the standard that we are trying to achieve and will make sure to pass this note along. However, it is great to hear that you had a good time playing the course. Thanks for playing the course and we hope to see you again!

"No Value"

buster69's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

Course in terrible shape.. had aerated greens but no mention when booking.. tons of crabgrass..

have seen it in better condition..would have rather played Kaiser..

Response from Falconhead Golf Club on 04/26/2018:

Hello buster69, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the course conditions and value for the money. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Falconhead Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

"Many wide open fairways"

skmeagher's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Our foursome had a great time. The other three are low handicappers and they really enjoyed it. I'm a high handicapper, but still had a lot of fun.

Commented on 04/16/2018

Thank you skmeagher for sharing your recent experience at Falconhead. We are happy to hear you and your group had a great time. We hope to see everyone again soon this season!

"Nothing memorable"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

Not worth paying full price. This currently ranks at bottom for Austin courses for me. Just nothing special except for the cool green on hole 8.

Commented on 04/16/2018

Hello u610183313, We are sorry our course didn’t meet your expectations. Our course was designed by a PGA Tour committee, which offers a variety of challenges to many golfers. We appreciate your comments as we strive to continue great conditions here at Falconhead

"Hill country gem"

joshsmith12's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018

Falconhead can be described as a hill country gem. Set amongst a very nice Austin neighborhood, the views of spectacular homes along with the hill country is simply spectacular. Carts are nice but would like to see a GPS added to them for convenience. Conditions were very good the day of play. Bunkers were all raked and in very good condition. Fairways and rough were cut and looked very nice. The greens were average speed (the board in the clubhouse said 8). I’d concur they were approximately that speed. Not overly quick, but not underwhelmingly slow either. I played at the LaCantera the week previously so Falconhead’s weren’t quite as quick. Hole variety isn’t lacking. Short par 4s. Long difficult ones. Up hill second shots seemed to be the tendency around the place. The trough bunkers were very neat and unique. Hole 8 may be the nicest par three landscaping and setting of any course anywhere. Enjoy! Overall a solid 4-5 star course worth the play if in the Austin area.

Commented on 04/04/2018

Thank you joshsmith12 for the four star rating and review from your recent visit to Falconhead! We always enjoy hearing our golfer's experience at the course. Thanks for making the drive from San Antonio to hit the greens at our hill country gem!

"Fair test"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

I live in the Midwest and played this course in late March with my daughter while on spring break. I really enjoyed the friendliness of that staff, particularly the starter. Good amenities, especially the practice area and the brisket sandwich, so don't be afraid to come early

There are no bad holes, but the course is not particularly memorable. You will notice that most photographs of this course show different angles of the same par 3. The course itself is not what I would call a canyon or quarry type layout, so beware.

There was rain two days before our round, so the course while rather firm was paths only. That made for a brutal pace so we bailed after just 9 holes. The conditioning was not great. Greens were on the slow side. Tee boxes and fairways were nice. Rough and bunkers were spotty. Too be fair the rain from earlier in the week may have kept the crews from being able to rake.

Falconhead is probably less than half the price of La Cantera or Barton Springs, so with that in mind, this is priced right and worth a visit.

Commented on 04/05/2018

Thank you u000003881268 for the feedback regarding your recent visit to Falconhead during Spring Break. We are pleased to hear the customer service you expected from our staff was great! At Falconhead, we always strive to each golfer’s visit a great one. We are disappointed to hear the course conditions didn’t meet your expectations. The course has been experiencing a lot of rain in our area and still recovering from the normal amount of rain this time of year. Hope you can visit us again on your next Austin visit in the future.

PSAUER67's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2018
Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Showed up late for our tee time & staff was courteous & got us out without a problem. The scenery was beautiful lots of elevation changes. Got a lot of roll in the fairways. 8th hole awesome the way the grreen over hangs the water

Commented on 04/11/2018

Thank you PSAUER67 for the five star rating and review! We hope to see you hit the greens at Falconhead again this season.

"Perfect Greens"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

My only complaint is that I could not blame the course for my bad score (lol). The greens were in perfect condition as well as the tee boxes and fairways. It cost just a little more than some other courses around but well worth it.

Commented on 03/22/2018

Thank you u391286284 for your five star review and feedback from your recent round at Falconhead! We hope for better luck next time on the greens this season. See you soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

Response from Falconhead Golf Club on 03/23/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Falconhead Golf Club in Austin. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

"Ok course"

hildjim's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2018

Kind of speedy for this course. I am from the Midwest and I am used to golf courses being lush. This course might be coming out of winter and was not lush or beautiful. Also? The fairways were hard as a rock, Perhaps that is the truth of Texas golf courses

Response from Falconhead Golf Club on 03/16/2018:

Hello hildjim, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the condition and firmness of the course. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Falconhead Golf Club and we value your feedback.

"Nice course"

watts197's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/05/2018

The course was in great shape. The course was well marked.

Commented on 03/08/2018

Thank you watts197 for coming out and hitting the greens at Falconhead! We hope to see you again soon this season!