Style Parkland

Year Built 1990

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Single Allowed Yes

Poor condition.

Do you know when you compound problems by making further mistakes? Well, this happened to me, I misjudged the first hole, carelessly finding the greenside bunker for 2, it's condition was shocking with weeds and grass growing, full of weeds and rock hard. It took a couple of shots for me to get out and for the rest of the round I felt the need to play more aggressively than my ability would suggest (i'm off 15) and I made more mistakes finding more bunkers (all as bad as the first) and not getting out of any first time. The rough was too long, tees scruffy and all of the flags damaged meaning they don't stand centrally in the holes. It wrecked my round and subsequently made me angry all day. They also allow too many to play, when I finished at 11:30 there were 18 people on the first tee and at least a further dozen people on the putting green. 8 minute gaps is clearly not enough between tees. the condition is the worst I've seen it and a massive difference from a couple of weeks prior and it's a shame because it should be a joy to play. avoid.

State of course

Top welcome when we arrived from young lad on desk ushered to out cart and down to the first tea we had booked the gold ticket breakfast,round of golf,cart,fish and chips and a pint 30quid bargain.i know it's a private club and would be disappointed if I was a member greens some good some bad,but I have to say my main complaint was having played eighteen holes we found not one distance marker,bunkers unraked and then the outdoor area on the terrace a proper mess plates and cups/glasses left on tables and area just scruffy,so come on guys sort yourselves out before you go the way of past golf courses.but you can always post me when you think you've sorted these niggles out as I will come back.here is hoping.

Looking Tired

Frodsham is a nice course with some interesting holes, however compared to previous visits a few years ago the course now looks tired and relatively uncared for. The greens were'nt great, and the fairways had'nt been cut that well either. Generally look not well maintained. Bar service was slow (though to be fair there was a large event on) - would probably not visit again - there are better maintained courses out there

Frodsham Golf Club
Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Frodsham Golf Club thanks you!

Hope they can get this back to what it should be.

The course layout is fantastic but the greens are in a sorry state. Love this course but you can’t recommend when the greens are pitted, bobbly and slow. Staff are so friendly but everything seems tired and dated. Should have a look at Allerton Manor and see what they have done there.

Such a shame

Set in a lovely area with great views of the estuary with really friendly people, it’s such a shame the course is in such poor condition. The greens are the worst I’ve ever played on and playing off the fairways is like playing out of the first cut.
With so much choice in the area the ground staff and management really need to get their act together because visitors who make the mistake of playing here won’t come back.

It was playing a Municipal Golf Course

We played this course about 5 years ago and it was good now it was playing a municipal golf course The fairways were full of weeds the green were bumpy poor conditions with grass seeds sprinkled on the top It needs a lot of work for me and my two sons to every play again We play of handicaps. of 7. 15. 20

great course

Great value for money bone dry in April fairways very good but around the greens a bit tired and bare greens need sorting out only downfall greens bobbly and bare in parts, would play again when greens have improved.

Disappointing greens

First played in winter 18, came back as thought it was a decent course in the winter. The course has a really interesting layout and some great holes, it’s let down by the greens. Far too many pitch marks, desperate for a good rolling, they spoiled a great day.
Food in the bar was not worth the cost.

Great golf course

We arrived at the golf club. Had a brew. The golfers bar was not sign posted that well but it was lovely and warm. We went on a really windy day. The course is in really good condition. It's up and down. There seems a challenge on every hole. It's very open so the driver came out, but to my surprise I hit the fairways. The greens were rapid. A little bare but considering the time of year brilliant. We had a brew at the hut on the 8th and food in the bar afterward. Well worth a visit.

Don't know why so many negative reviews . Ok the greens aren't gleneagles standard but at £14 a round you cant beat it. I've played some municipals at triple the price that are in far worst condition. The staff are friendly the course is a good layout, and the green keepers were working hard. In all a very enjoyable days golf. Will definitely be back. Thank you Frodsham.

Overgrown

Might be the time of year but the fairways are very overgrown, no run at all and can’t tell the difference in most holes where the rough starts and ends. Greens have numerous pitch marks and divots. Played better greens at my local muni. Will play again and hope it’ll improve conditions

A little run down

When a lot of the bunkers had both grass and weeds actually growing in the sand... you know that the course is seriously lacking maintenance.

Shame really... as the course is in such a great spot with some superb holes.

Such a shame

Should be one of the best courses in the north west, sadly no one seems to give a toss about the general state of the course.
No practice net, no airline, poor tee boxes, bunkers not raked, Just needs some love all round in my opinion.
Won't be going back anytime soon.

Avoid - First and only time I've ever been threatened

Course quite good, greens reasonable. Some tee boxes dry and need attention. Interesting enough par 3s and driveable par 4s.

Lack of distance markers makes it difficult, no idea why so many courses can't get this right.

4 ball ahead of me in buggies - playing my second shot and one of their drives coming the other way landed about 10ft away, no shout or anything.
When they came over the hill I asked them to shout fore next time, the guy was more bothered about where his ball ended up. They then demanded where it was while I'm trying to play my shot.

Eventually they found it in the bunker and accused me of throwing it in there, and threatened to fight me? Amazing.

Of the 100s of rounds I've played in my life, this is the only time anyone has ever threatened me. I'm assuming this was due to the cheap twilight offer with a buggy, but still, if this is the type of player who comes here, I won't be back. Shame as the course is nice and the hot deal on teeofftimes was worth it, but with so many other courses in the north west, there's no reason to play here when other players want to fight you rather than play golf, hence the 1 star rating

Fantastic Course In Need Of (ALOT) Of TLC

Frodsham is a fantastic course and great golfing challenge with every hole posing a threat, especially when the wind gets up and the sun dries out the fast greens.

However, Ive been coming here since 2003 and I have to say the course was not looking its best. Full bins (at 8.30am!?) weeds in bunkers, multiple pitch marks in greens and poorly maintained tee areas. Add to that it looked like we arrived in the middle of a Weatherspoons Golf Society day out. T shirts outside shorts and some wearing trainers.... Im all for relaxing golf dress and making the game accessible to everyone, but for me, Frodsham is fast becoming like a tired municipal golf course when it was (and still can be) one of the best courses in the North West.

Gem of a course

Located a 30 minute drive from Liverpool this course is a beauty. Wide fairways throughout, but if you end up in the semi rough it’s a real challenge to get out. The variety of holes makes it a real teaser for all abilities.

Sutton Weaver, Cheshire West and Chester