Frodsham Golf Club

White 70 6328 yards
Yellow 70 6068 yards
Red (W) 70 5316 yards
Scorecard for Frodsham Golf Club
White M: 68.7/117 419 388 383 333 165 429 328 345 130 2920 328 196 334 571 428 376 404 183 588 3408 6328
Gold M: 67.1/115 403 378 373 323 157 421 320 335 121 2831 320 188 326 535 415 356 364 175 558 3237 6068
Red W: 65.1/109 353 321 357 303 137 367 299 282 109 2528 262 177 287 474 376 292 325 121 474 2788 5316

Year Built 1990

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Single Allowed Yes

A little run down

When a lot of the bunkers had both grass and weeds actually growing in the sand... you know that the course is seriously lacking maintenance.

Shame really... as the course is in such a great spot with some superb holes.

Such a shame

Should be one of the best courses in the north west, sadly no one seems to give a toss about the general state of the course.

No practice net, no airline, poor tee boxes, bunkers not raked, Just needs some love all round in my opinion.

Won't be going back anytime soon.

Avoid - First and only time I've ever been threatened

Course quite good, greens reasonable. Some tee boxes dry and need attention. Interesting enough par 3s and driveable par 4s.

Lack of distance markers makes it difficult, no idea why so many courses can't get this right.

4 ball ahead of me in buggies - playing my second shot and one of their drives coming the other way landed about 10ft away, no shout or anything.

When they came over the hill I asked them to shout fore next time, the guy was more bothered about where his ball ended up. They then demanded where it was while I'm trying to play my shot.

Eventually they found it in the bunker and accused me of throwing it in there, and threatened to fight me? Amazing.

Of the 100s of rounds I've played in my life, this is the only time anyone has ever threatened me. I'm assuming this was due to the cheap twilight offer with a buggy, but still, if this is the type of player who comes here, I won't be back. Shame as the course is nice and the hot deal on teeofftimes was worth it, but with so many other courses in the north west, there's no reason to play here when other players want to fight you rather than play golf, hence the 1 star rating

Fantastic Course In Need Of (ALOT) Of TLC

Frodsham is a fantastic course and great golfing challenge with every hole posing a threat, especially when the wind gets up and the sun dries out the fast greens.

However, Ive been coming here since 2003 and I have to say the course was not looking its best. Full bins (at 8.30am!?) weeds in bunkers, multiple pitch marks in greens and poorly maintained tee areas. Add to that it looked like we arrived in the middle of a Weatherspoons Golf Society day out. T shirts outside shorts and some wearing trainers.... Im all for relaxing golf dress and making the game accessible to everyone, but for me, Frodsham is fast becoming like a tired municipal golf course when it was (and still can be) one of the best courses in the North West.

Gem of a course

Located a 30 minute drive from Liverpool this course is a beauty. Wide fairways throughout, but if you end up in the semi rough it’s a real challenge to get out. The variety of holes makes it a real teaser for all abilities.

Buggy central

Given that we’ve had one of the worst winters ever, I didn’t think they’d be letting buggies out still. A lot of the course cut up and very damp, given the website says “always dry”, it wasn’t ideal.

Plenty of potential, nice layout and some nice holes, but needs time to repair not to cram in as many groups with buggies every weekend.

May return later in the summer, but wouldn’t play again in the winter or a rainy week.

Course is always open

The course was dry as usual and the fairways are very good. The greens and tee boxes are not at their best and would benefit from some warm weather.

Sunny afternoon golf

Enjoyable round of golf , nice friendly staff in the shop and great weather . The only let down from the day ( apart from my play ) the greens weren't great , patchy in places and not all the same speed .

Having said that , would play the course again for the price we payed .

Disappointing

Very disappointed after several friends recommended this coarse to me. Played on the day greens where top dressed, I know this needs to be done but we should be notified about it on tee off times before we pay our non refundable green fees!

Top dressing is not done at the drop of a hat , it's pre planned in advance !!!

Greens where impossible to read and judge the pace of puts. I've putted on better municipal greens!

We also found the rough too long and penal for the average mid handicap golfer. The coarse layout is tough enough without uncut rough.

I can see the coarse has a great layout, with some interesting holes long and short , it's a shame about the overall condition.

I may play again but not through tee off times , it's better booking direct so you can check on maintenance issues before wasting your time and money!

So disappointed !!!!

Decent course but expensive

This is a very decent course but I didn't feel the cost of £25 was justified. However it was challenging and enjoyable and the cost wouldn't put me off playing there again

Slow play

I have played Frodsham many times over the years but crossed it off the list due to slow play.

I thought I would give it another chance and booked a later tee-time. I'm afraid that the play was just as slow as ever due to 'novices' in buggies holding everyone else up.

Such a pity as the course is a good challenge although the greens were not at their best.

Good challenge

Course in good condition , good all round verifications in hole types , you have to drive well it's a most !! I walked the course but would hire buggy next time

TOO BUSY!!

I booked a four ball to play at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon, we all had to quit after 4 holes which took us an hour and a half as there was too many people booked in to play, at one point there was FIVE groups on one hole.

1- Ourselves

2 - The four ball in front of us waiting to tee off.

3 - The four ball on the fairway

4 - Another group on the green.

5 - Last group marking cards just off the green.

Very unprofessional for the club to book in so many groups.

This is not the first time this has happened at this course

Not worth it!

Great course, great views

Very nice scenery, good facilities and well worth the visit. Thanks Frodsham...

Sutton Weaver, Cheshire West and Chester