Style Parkland
Gathurst Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1913

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Great Britain & Ireland (2019 #24)

Good course given winter conditions

Played this course with friends and considering amount of rain over last few weeks etc. The course was in really good condition. Especially true of the greens, doubt there are any in better condition for time of year.
Pro shop explained two holes closed due to emergency drainage work. This wasn’t problem considering wet underfoot.
Pro shop gave us mats for use on fairways/rough and although not over large they are standard size available at most clubs.
Staff were pleasant and helpful as were the few members who we came across .
The food obtained after was really good and availability of choice was more than adequate and didn’t lead to confusion by being over expansive.
Will definitely play again when weather improves and will definitely recommend to my own members.
Considering condition and only 16 holes open it is still good value for money.

not a winter course you wanna play

booked to play a four ball. when got the course was told 2 holes where unplayable was given a winter mat to play from fairways which was just silly little Matt's about 10 inch long. with it being winter was hitting of matts from the tee boxes which I dont mind but was no holes in the matts so couldn't put a tee in the Matt's just 100% not a winter course and would advise everyone not to play it in the winter save your money and go the range.

Commented on 01/14/2020

No one else has problem with tee box mats. There are places for tees. Would not be possible to find parkland course in good condition considering weather over last few weeks etc.
This course is value for money and staff are always friendly to visitors.
I play this course regularly and have never experienced any problems.

Commented on 01/14/2020

2 holes closed due to urgent drainage work, collapsed drain, Small mats are for rough/fairway use only. Tees are never allowed to be used in rough or fairways by any club.
There is nothing wrong with this course in winter. As with all clubs has suffered due to exceptional amount of rain.

berrington hall golf

arrived at the golf course to a friendly and off to the first tee .course tees were quite short but still challenging . for the time of year and the recent bad weather the course was in good condition . will come back in summer and would recommend this what we thought was a very good golf course with a mixture of holes.

A very pleasant surprise

An absolutely fantastic golf course, Iv been telling all my friends about this place since I played it.

Excellent course

Played here last Monday and absolutely loved it. We were warmly welcoming by the pro in Clarke’s golf shop, he was very informative and the course & amenities. The other members we encountered were also very friendly and welcoming.
The course is lovely and in great condition, and although the greens had been sanded a couple of days earlier they ran great and true. If I lived a little bit closer I would 100% join this club. Can’t wait to play here again very soon.

Stunning

Perfect course, perfect day! Greens some of the best iv ever played. So true and fast. Nice course layout. Well worth every penny !

One of the best courses around the weather was poor but it didn't spoil our game lovely views around the course it has something for golfers of all levels

Gem

Happy with this choice. Easy to find, welcoming staff, course in good condition. Not very long average par 4 around 380 yards but tight fairways the further you hit. Lovely greens. Enjoyed it and will be back

Gathust golf club

Vary nice well kept course quite a tight difficult course for a high handicapper good day of golf

Great course excellent condition greens very challenging, overall great day out defernatly we'll be going back to play it again.
Well done to all the course staff.

Unfortunately on the day it was frosty and all temporary greens which was a waste of time trying to putt on them I think the course should of been closed I took a friend with me as I had been raving at how good this course is.
This is a great course just a bad day

Good course, friendly welcome from club pro and members really nice when seen around the course .

Had someone lecture me about putting the front wheel of my trolley just on the edge of the tee box, hadn’t even noticed it was there - felt a bit picky really but rules are rules so fair enough.

Absolute diamond.

I’ve been told to play this course a few times and it certainly didn’t disappoint. From the welcome at the club shop to the condition of the course the only word that comes to mind is perfection. Super slick greens and some really tricky holes make for an excellent round. Highly recommended!

Brilliant

Real pleasure playing this course .some great holes and all the members were very friendly and let us tee off first as they had a charity comp. Will be back thank you

What a gem

Very welcoming - the pro took time to explain the layout of first few holes and walked us to the tee and putting green.
Beautiful course condition and surroundings but a testing walk especially the first 9. Greens fast and tricky with lots of subtle borrows.
Loved the course - can't wait to play it again, hopefully with having played it once before I will plan my way round a bit better next time!!

A little gem

Fabulous undulating parkland course with lovely views, only blip is the noise of the motorway as you approach the last three holes.
We look forward to playing there again.

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.