Type Private
Glen Gorse Golf Club

Year Built 1933

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes preffered

What an absolute mess

The course was absolutely shocking! Mowing the grass and leaving the cuttings everywhere, I couldn’t tell the difference between the fairway and the rough. The greens were being holed and then a tractor was throwing sand on but Just leaving it and not doing anything with it so every single green was unplayable. Spoke to the pro and his response was ‘oh well that’s what you get off tee times’. Should have booked via website it told you. However I checked the website the night before and nothing was mentioned. Shocking course...avoid it until they’ve sorted their issues out and hired some decent green keepers

First but not last

Played the course for the first time thought greens were in fantastic condition course was really well kept really enjoyed

Golf after a week of rain

The course had been closed the previous day and we expected it to be boggy and the course looking a bit of a mess but it was quite the opposite. The greens were amongst the best I have played on, fast and undulating. Fairways were mature, tight but looked great. I will definitely be back again.

Select Society golf day

As we arrived early we started in the club house with bacon rolls and coffee, service was excellent, staff and members we met were very friendly even offered advice about the course greens etc. Booked in at pro shop met the club pro and a member of his staff again very helpful nothing too much trouble, course in very good condition greens excellent and very quick all greens were the same level very often they vary around 18 holes pace of play very good no old ups and no pressure. Interesting testing course with good variety of holes to test anyones skills whatever level, very good day will definitely return at some point in the future

great greens

A windy wet and cold day so conditions were difficult driving against the wind, but thats the joy of golf each day is different. Course in good condition for time of year and especially the greens which were true and fast even in the rain.
We have a society day booked in April and Im looking forward to it

Lovely Course

My first time playing this course. There is a lot of work improving Tees which will improve your round in the coming months. Good value for money

Played once - will be back again

Have played other courses in the Leicester area but had never played this one before.
Booked it on a whim and from feedback of others as well as the course website.

Course in very good condition, greens 8/10 based on time of year.

All tees were extremely well kept 9/10

You definitely need to be accurate of the tee, adjacent fairways are always in play.

Standard of others on the course proved that better level of golfer here - hardly heard a "fore" shout, and the course was pretty busy.

Clubhouse nice, old style surroundings, easy to get lost down the corridors - which we did :-)

Downside was that there is only a small short game practice area.

Long par 4's (which should be 5's)

Excellent day out

Course was not busy and recovering well from the dry summer, greens had been solid tyned and were a bit bobbly but OK. Clubhouse catering was first class.

Proper course

Lovely old school club

Friendly people and great food !

Top notch greens

Speedy golf

Tight layout

Fairways and tees a bit dishevelled after the hot summer

Great day at Glen Gorse

Everyone at the club was very friendly and most helpful. We thought the course played well with very quick green. Each hole gave you a chance but caught you out if you strayed. Definitely a course we want to play again.

Fast greens

Very good condition as always throughout the course but felt the greens were too fast.
Warm welcome and went off 1/2hr early.
Millionaires golf for most of the round which for a Friday lunchtime was a little strange.
Great course always enjoy playing here.

Lovely Course

Well maintained course fairways excellent. Greens roll was smooth. Id play here again.

Plays Twice a year

Family golf afternoon!

An enjoyable round, course up to it's usual good standard with plenty of challenges at our level of play. Pace of play was generally good although a couple of delays as we had to start at hole 13 and play the round from there. All in all a good day - the weather was kind to us as well!

Glen Gorse GC.

We arrived a little early, reported in to the pro shop and got an excellent friendly welcome. We were expected and he even suggested we went out a little earlier to get off before a couple of 4 balls. This simple courtesy meant my wife and I had a very pleasant evenly paced round. Catering staff very pleasant and accommodating also .

A great course and club

We have just played Glen gorse and the course is in fabulous condition.we had to play in the rain in places but the greens were in great condition.we retreated into the bar afterwards for refreshments and the food was great.Thank you Keeley for looking after us and we will see you all again soon.

Fabulous Course

Played the course in beautiful weather following heavy period of rain, I swear you could see the grass growing.
The course is easy walking, well bunkered, with mature tree lined fairways. The greens are excellent, and I'm sure when they've dried out will be very quick.
The feeling going around was of calming tranquility. The Pro, bar staff were very friendly, overall a must play course, close to Leicester City Centre.

Lovely course in excellent condition

We loved the course. The greens were near perfect. A fairly tight course where strategy takes over from power. Will defiantly play again.

Lovely course

Great course, was very windy and the layout meant that all but about 4 holes played into the wind, at least it felt that way! The weather has been dreadful this week but the fairways and green were all in good nick. Will definitely go back.

Well worth visiting

We saw both sides of the course in one day. Mainly it was dry with a little wind but it also showed how exposed the course is when the weather closed in quickly. The wind plays a factor in every shot, never helping as much as it hurts. The greens were in excellent condition, the course is well designed with with plenty of challenge and it was thoroughly worth playing.
The staff and members were incredibly friendly, the only downside was we went out on Saturday after the members and ended up waiting over a lot of shots but it is a popular course on Saturday with limited daylight and wasn't because slow players wouldn't call us through. It's a good course.

Kibworth Beauchamp, Harborough