Glen Gorse Golf Club

White 72 6648 yards
Yellow 72 6367 yards
Red (W) 73 5682 yards
Scorecard for Glen Gorse Golf Club
Black M: 73.1/123 491 343 405 159 498 418 345 345 190 3194 450 177 505 491 375 157 394 451 454 3454 6648
Red W: 71.7/123 477 327 393 159 488 398 331 303 169 3045 430 166 483 478 360 142 385 441 437 3322 6367
White M: 72.4/122 477 327 393 159 488 398 331 303 169 3045 430 166 483 478 360 142 385 441 437 3322 6367

Year Built 1933

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes preffered

Played once - will be back again

Have played other courses in the Leicester area but had never played this one before.

Booked it on a whim and from feedback of others as well as the course website.

Course in very good condition, greens 8/10 based on time of year.

All tees were extremely well kept 9/10

You definitely need to be accurate of the tee, adjacent fairways are always in play.

Standard of others on the course proved that better level of golfer here - hardly heard a "fore" shout, and the course was pretty busy.

Clubhouse nice, old style surroundings, easy to get lost down the corridors - which we did :-)

Downside was that there is only a small short game practice area.

Long par 4's (which should be 5's)

Excellent day out

Course was not busy and recovering well from the dry summer, greens had been solid tyned and were a bit bobbly but OK. Clubhouse catering was first class.

Proper course

Lovely old school club

Friendly people and great food !

Top notch greens

Speedy golf

Tight layout

Fairways and tees a bit dishevelled after the hot summer

Great day at Glen Gorse

Everyone at the club was very friendly and most helpful. We thought the course played well with very quick green. Each hole gave you a chance but caught you out if you strayed. Definitely a course we want to play again.

Fast greens

Very good condition as always throughout the course but felt the greens were too fast.

Warm welcome and went off 1/2hr early.

Millionaires golf for most of the round which for a Friday lunchtime was a little strange.

Great course always enjoy playing here.

Lovely Course

Well maintained course fairways excellent. Greens roll was smooth. Id play here again.

Plays Twice a year

Family golf afternoon!

An enjoyable round, course up to it's usual good standard with plenty of challenges at our level of play. Pace of play was generally good although a couple of delays as we had to start at hole 13 and play the round from there. All in all a good day - the weather was kind to us as well!

Glen Gorse GC.

We arrived a little early, reported in to the pro shop and got an excellent friendly welcome. We were expected and he even suggested we went out a little earlier to get off before a couple of 4 balls. This simple courtesy meant my wife and I had a very pleasant evenly paced round. Catering staff very pleasant and accommodating also .

A great course and club

We have just played Glen gorse and the course is in fabulous condition.we had to play in the rain in places but the greens were in great condition.we retreated into the bar afterwards for refreshments and the food was great.Thank you Keeley for looking after us and we will see you all again soon.

Fabulous Course

Played the course in beautiful weather following heavy period of rain, I swear you could see the grass growing.

The course is easy walking, well bunkered, with mature tree lined fairways. The greens are excellent, and I'm sure when they've dried out will be very quick.

The feeling going around was of calming tranquility. The Pro, bar staff were very friendly, overall a must play course, close to Leicester City Centre.

Lovely course in excellent condition

We loved the course. The greens were near perfect. A fairly tight course where strategy takes over from power. Will defiantly play again.

Lovely course

Great course, was very windy and the layout meant that all but about 4 holes played into the wind, at least it felt that way! The weather has been dreadful this week but the fairways and green were all in good nick. Will definitely go back.

Well worth visiting

We saw both sides of the course in one day. Mainly it was dry with a little wind but it also showed how exposed the course is when the weather closed in quickly. The wind plays a factor in every shot, never helping as much as it hurts. The greens were in excellent condition, the course is well designed with with plenty of challenge and it was thoroughly worth playing.

The staff and members were incredibly friendly, the only downside was we went out on Saturday after the members and ended up waiting over a lot of shots but it is a popular course on Saturday with limited daylight and wasn't because slow players wouldn't call us through. It's a good course.

Will Return!

It was very frosty so had to make do with winter greens which did detract obviously. I did see enough however to ensure i definitely will return . Fairly tight fairways mean errant tee shots leave difficult seconds through or over large trees. I wont mention greens too much but they do look like they would be fantastic on a normal day. They seem mostly large to encourage you to attack them, however bunkers guard most on nearly all sides. Even though the greens where like concrete i enjoyed the round and cant wait to play again when the greens are actually green. Another note was that the Pro was extremely friendly and was more than happy to give me his time, that is one thing i find attracts me back to a course.

Great value

It was a nice course with plenty of holes to keep you interested. Greens were ok considering they had just been treated and sanded.

Would love to play again on a less windy day.

Will go back.

Fast & exceptional greens

This was my first time at Glen Gotse despite living just a few miles away. I was more than pleasantly surprised to find that this was a little GEM of a course, not long but tight enough to get your attention on every shot. Once on the greens a good putter would be in heaven, a very true surface but if your feel for their speed is off by a whisker then your going to have a very testing day, the greens were as fast as any parkland course I've played on this year. Truly exceptional for the second week of September. Out on the course and around the club house everyone had a friendly and welcoming word to say. I suppose I have to find one negative to say about the course???? Well if I have to its the bunkers, more precisely the sand that's in them, very light and fluffy and not consistent in the amount of sand in them I was in enough of them on the day!!! I can highly recommend this course and I can't wait to play it again.

Leicester, Leicester