Type Private
Rating N/A
Grange-Over-Sands Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1919
Architect Alister MacKenzie (1919)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch

Catering

Clubhouse

Lovely course

Loved the course some very tricky small greens. Only issue was the standing water on a couple of fairways due to the previous days rain.

Sunny September Morning

Great course and really well kept. Booked through Golf Now and was disappointed that the club shop wasn’t open for the start of our round at 7am but wasn’t the end of the world. My friend needed to rent a trolley and was unable to do this at that time. One of the grounds men very kindly lent us his own personal trolly which he didn’t have to do. This just goes to show what the staff are like. Very kind, friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this course and will be playing again in the near future. Thanks.

Good course in beautiful condition

Despite being close to the sea this is not a links but a parkland course. It is completely flat and the majority of fairways are wide and most of the rough, particularly through the centre of the course is cut short. Many of the trees are quite widely spaced and the greens have very little borrow. On the day I played there was only a gentle breeze and so the course played quite easy. However, with a stiff sea breeze I imagine that would make Grange a much tougher challenge.
The course was in beautiful condition. With the exception of a couple of greens They were all running at the same speed, moderately quick and true.
The staff and the members were all very friendly and helpful. Grange-over-sands provided a really enjoyable and memorable game of golf.

Good test of golf

Very pleasant golf course for all handicaps.
We would recommend this course to anyone,
If we lived in the area we would be delighted to call this course home.
The greens and course were in wonderful condition.
We will certainly return.

Decent golf course

Enjoyed round. Course is flat, wide, and rough not too long. Made for a pleasant morning round.

Usually a great course

After playing on the course numerous times over the years, I was again looking forward to getting back out and enjoying a round. However there was standing water over the fairways at various points, not just the first two which are prone to flooding anyway. As well as that. The rough was unusually large and unkempt. On arrival, the golf shop was shut so we couldn't seek advice from there, nor did the bar lady who sold us a pork pie, mention the condition. If I had have known the conditions, I wouldn't have wanted to play. A dissapointing round for us to say the least. Perhaps an in app course condition indicator would fix this

Good value warm welcome

Played as atwo ball at 3.00pm after heavy days rain. Very warm welcome from pro shop and in bar afterwards. Members all spoke and were very friendly. Course was wet underfoot in places and would imagine its very wet after prolongrd rain. Course is very flat and an easy walk. There are more doglegs than many courses and some tees greens and fairways quite close together. Could be a problem when course is busy. We played on our own in three hours. Greens were in great condition. Not many undulations to them and putted true and comfortable pace. Fairways and tees also in decent condition. Overall an enjoyable round and would definitely recommend for a holday round.

First time playing this course weather aconditions challenging but enjoyabtle Nice flat course and well laid out so easy to get around in about 3 hours When we arrived we were told we had been paired up with another couple found this strange as we had not been informed by Tee off Times and had booked that time for two players only We played separately anyway Good Course and good facilities

Very wet

A good course with plenty of challenging holes, but spoiled by recent weather. The course was very wet underfoot with many puddles on fairways, and areas which appeared to have been underwater for a while.

Some of the holes are dog legs, and can only be reached in regulation by with a long drive. If your drives are on the short side, you will be playing an extra shot to get to the green.

The greens were well prepared and the ball ran well with a good putting stroke.

Several of the bunkers were marked GUR and they appeared to have been flooded recently. The ones which were in play had been flattened by the rain, and the sand was very solid.

First Timer

Overall his course affords you the opportunity to be tested in particular the arrow fairways on the two back to back par threes. The staff are friendly in the pro shop but sadly one of the ladies behind the bar was quite rude to my partner who was sat in the clubhouse waiting for me to finish. It put a dampener on what was a nice day overall. There were quite a few of ground under repair sites, however this did not impact on the day. We have a holiday home nearby and I am seriously tempted to take up the option of the flexible membership given the enjoyment I had on the course. I will revisit again soon to sample the course again before committing myself to the flexible membership.

Grange-over-Sands Hidden Gem

Superb course with fantastic greens .Very warm welcome from all staff and absolute bargain. If you're in Lake District then look out for this hidden gem of a golf course

Cracking little course in dry spring conditions

Having played the course previously when there was standing water due to persistent recent rain, this round was a pleasure as the course was in lovely spring condition with no wind and periods of sunshine. The setting here is always that of beautiful countryside. The course is flat and not very long, which makes for easy walking, features are the stands of trees which define the holes, with typically one or two bunkers guarding each green. Apart from one or two greens being a little bobbly, the course was in excellent condition. Despite suspecting a full course due to the weather and the car park being full on arrival, as two fourballs we hardly saw anyone else. In summary, for £16 a head to be able to enjoy a round here with enough to challenge us as mid-teen handicappers in beautiful surroundings, what could be better!

Well worth the trip on a rainy day

Myself and 3 friends took a slight gamble on Grange as the weather was far from perfect. The forecast was light rain and, true to form, light rain and drizzle was the order of the day. The course is a little prone to standing water given its location but despite the rain there was no water evident and no real plugging of balls. Testimony to work on drainage at the course. Im a past member at Grange and its always a pleasure to return. The course isn't overly long but it is challenging with 3 good par 5s and some great dog leg par 4s. We had a great round and I carded a 78, my best there for some time. I'd greatly recommend the track players of all standards - it's not overly punitive to higher handicappers and for me is a great challenge clipping the corners off dogs legs. Friendly staff and members. Didn't sample the food so couldn't comment there. The only tiny negative which has nothing to do with the course is that my Golfshot Plus App wasn't up to date with the course on a couple of holes so I had no fly blind a little. Will contact GolfShot to update their records.

Very friendly, warm welcome!

Excellent hospitality on arrival. Perfect bacon butty. Course very wet in places but not the fault of the club, our visit followed a very wet spell. Greens fast for the time of year.

Grange-over-Sands, South Lakeland