Slope N/A
Rating N/A
Hamptworth Golf & Country Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1994

Golf School Academy Yes - "Hamptworth Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis, Croquet

Well worth a visit, course was in excellent condition.

Great Course & Outstanding Greens

This is easily one of the best courses I have played. The greens were probably the best greens I have ever played on. It is a really good test and you will be doing well to play to your handicap if you are playing this track for the first time, especially if it is as windy as it was when I played!

I found no real fault with the course although if I had one recommendation it would be to have 100 yard and 200 yard markers as well as 150 markers already in place because if you do get out of position its easy to then find yourself at a slightly odd distance and it can de difficult to work out how far you have left, especially on the holes with a raised green.

My only negative over all is the pace of play which was 4hours 30 minutes when I played. It was a very tough day to play so that is somewhat understandable.

Tricky but fair

We only played the front nine, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Pro and other staff were very friendly. Greens very good.

Hidden Gem

I’d been looking at this venue for sometime, but it’s a little way off from home which always swayed me to go elsewhere.
Today I decided to make a day of it, and what a lovely day it was, glorious weather and a great days golf.
Tucked away on the back roads of the New Forest, I arrived in time to have a little look around, neat little clubhouse with all the things you’d need and expect, a tidy well kept putting green and a covered and uncovered range area.
All staff and other golfers were extremely pleasant and helpful.
As there were a lot of people out in buggies, the club pro left his shop to come out to give me some guidance and local knowledge as how best to play my round.
Although not an overly long course, there are quite a few undulations I wasn’t expecting but nothing which detracted from my round.
After the recent awful weather, I was hoping rather than expecting the course conditions didn’t spoil what was up til now very good, I needn’t have worried, the course maintenance was fantastic, all bar 1 of the tees were in play, fairways, fringe and areas of rough all tended too.
The only area that needs a little more attention is the greens. I’m no green keeper , so I won’t advise what they do, but they just need a little more grass to fill the numerous small patchy soily marks, none bigger a than a 10p piece but it just spoiled them a little, maybe if people would/had repaired pitch marks all would be fine.
The course layout was very good, with an equal amount of challenges and easier holes giving you a breather, with long and short holes, and a number of holes yielding rewards for thought out course management and shot shaping, which I do like on a course.
I conclude, I enjoyed my day so much I had an extended discussion with the club pro about joining and paying the membership fee there and then!!
However after calming down over a nice cold beer, and considering my forthcoming foot op, I ended up buying a book of 5 round vouchers, at their discounted rate for returning visitors.
Which id like to add shall be used when returning to play in some of their many competitions which are also all open to visitors.
In all a fabulous venue in all aspects and very much worth any effort to go there, so please, make the effort, you will very much enjoy it!

Hampworth

Course in good condition apart from the greens really dissapointed to pay £30 when the greens were in poor condition

A nice country gem

1st time visit to Hamptworth left me and my friend craving a quick return.

The quality of the course post the volume of rain we’ve been having was impressive for sure, a lot of courses are closed or on temp greens but this place was not only open but in great shape.

The course itself was challenging but playable for a mid handicapper, good mix of holes with the unique challenge of The Beast at 666 yards par 6.. if I only could putt better I’d of had a par!

Will definitely be revisiting in the near future.

Hot but excellent

Always enjoyed Hamptworth. Good layout, good condition, some interesting holes and greens nearly always lovely.

Great course, great day.

First time I've played Hamptworth and I must say its a beautiful looking course. Fairways are immaculate and the greens are firm but true. Familiarity is the key to this course and thankfully my playing partner had played it the week before and was able to tell me the lines off the tee and on a couple of the holes and to use irons off the tee as there is water hazards aplenty. All in all a lovely picturesque course with enough about it to test everyone's ability.

Top Golf

Any one who wants to test their ability at playing golf must play Hampworth - it's a tough track unless your on your game, accuracy needed, off course & your staring bogey/double in the face! However there are birdie chances out there, I managed one on the par 6 16th "The Beast"
Played on 30th April 2017 - course in excellent condition, greens good too. It's a course that most of us would score better second time around, local knowledge a huge advantage. Can't wait to get back again. You won't be disappointed.

A lovely spring day. Bluebells out and deer wandering across the fairway . Course in great condition.

Exceeded my expectations

I'd thoroughly recommend this course and venue. The first hole is perhaps typical of a parkland course: fairly straightforward. However, very soon you realise that you are in for a great treat as the following holes reveal a wealth of variety and challenges. Despite recent wet weather the course was not too wet and the construction and maintenance is clearly very professional.

We were particularly impressed with the club house and staff too. The venue was very clean and well laid out. Most important of all the staff were very helpful and attentive. We felt valued and welcomed by all the team right up to the general manager.

It doesn't end there...the website is a testament to the above qualities, interesting and inclusive.

No hesitation in giving this 5*, what a great club!

Brook, Lyndhurst