The sun shining over the 9th green at Hart Common Golf Club

Rating N/A
Hart Common Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1995
Architect Simon Gidman (1995)

Carts Yes - GBP 20

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No jeans, combat trousers/shorts, track suits, collarless T shirts, football shirts or trainers.

Friendly knock

This is an excellent course but, for me, it is the greens that truly make it. Undulating is an understatement but the condition of all 18 were superb 10/10. This is a course where you need to pick your way around and not just bomb it as there are lots of subtle hazards lying in wait. It was my first time playing it but it won't be my last and at under £1 per hole to play it really is great value for money. If I had to highlight one area to be improved it could benefit from more signage particularly from 16 to 17 and then 17 to 18 but now having played it I know where I'm going!!

Sweet Sweet Track

Me and my mate Rowlando played this today. Really enjoyed the course and greens were in great shape considering the weather we’ve had. Rowl-dawg brought it home with a solid double on the last to shoot 99 - shame the bar wasn’t open when we finished at 6:30pm for him to celebrate... will definitely be back and I’ll be going deeeeeep!

Excellent Condition

We visit Hart Common with the society so we know the track. Under these current times , we decided to travel and play again as the courses re open. We had heard the greens were excellent and its something we always check first. We weren't disappointed, they were spot on.. The course was in super condition and had been looked after during lockdown.

I'd recommend the track to anyone who wants a decent game and a test aswell.. Some Tee Boxes needed leveling, but in general all was great.. Value for money, which meant a busy course. But hey, you can't keep a good course a secret..

Wasnt aware there was a update on dress code travelled 30 mins to play then to be told we can not play.na acception would of been nice as this has never been an issue before

Commented on 06/03/2020

Iv played there this week same day. Theres no updated dress code, just the same as always no football shirts/ Jean's as stated in golf nows terms. I dont know how you can rate the course as poor if you never made it to the 1st tee. I stayed on after my round to watch the 1836 tour play their season opener.. I chatted to a couple of European tour players including a couple of ryder cup players after their round who were very complimentary of the course??

Poor, very poor

Wasn’t expecting the best conditions with recent weather, but I could have played in a pig pen in better nick, absolute mud bath. Front 9 closed without warning so had to play the back 9 twice. I understand this is to protect the course but the pace of play was really bad due to people finishing their first 9 then starting again on the tenth along with people trying to start their round, and this was on a Monday! God help anyone trying to play on a weekend.

Grew up playing this course, played my first round of golf was here and it has gone to the dogs, such a shame. Steer clear. 2/10... generous nostalgic rating

Ph

Excellent course to play well maintained green s will definitely be playing this course again

Played for the first time today and really enjoyed it. Great price. Wide open fairways and greens in good condition. Will definately play again and would recommend to all

A newly discovered gem.

Just played this course for the first time. The greens are fantastic and the layout really enjoyable, excellent bunkering and undulations all over the place creating every type of lie. Not just a grip it and rip it course, placement off the tee is important on many holes and there is plenty of risk/reward.
Congratulations to the designer and those that maintain Hart Common, a gem in great condition, I will be back here regularly.

Not a warm welcome

On arrival after booking through tee times on line I was welcomed at the pro shop with the following statement “ your playing on your own? I wouldn’t have bothered as there is a comp on, don’t hold anyone up, I suppose you will have to play as you booked on line”.

I was in between two four balls which was fine as not in a rush as I pay to play all day. Until a member of the club verbally abused me at a tee for an errant shot that I called fore and it was a good 15ft from him.

My advise stay away really rude people course is average at best much better locally.

Always good

Hart Common is always a solid decision. The greens here are awesome and always in great condition. The course layout can be challenging at times with the thickness of the rough but if you can hit fairways then you'll enjoy this course.

Golf

Fantastic course, good holes, good layout and food/drinks good too. Pace of play was awful, was waiting on nearly every tee for 5 minutes as the 2x 2 ball in front of me were shocking. Majority of the staff are excellent, green staff quite rude.

hart common

played this course many times if it was nearer i would get a mebership well worth playing

GJL

Exceelent condition

First proper ‘winter round of golf’ this year. Frosty start to the morning and was dreading the conditions, however course was in excellent condition. Greens where soft but rolled true and at a good pace. Fairways and rough well manicured. Friendly staff and very welcoming. Looking forward to a revisit. Especially in the Summer

Westhoughton, Bolton