Style Parkland
Hawkstone Park Golf Club - Championship Course

Year Built 1995

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard

Just gets better..

The Championship Course (Windmill) at Hawkstone Park continues to deliver.
A far more stern and fairer test of golf than the Hawkstone (Old) Course, with lots of really lovely holes.
The Championship Course bares food comparison to Local rivals such as Carden Park, Wychwood Park and the disappointing Hill Valley.
Food served after golf in both the Terrace bar and within the Hotel itself is excellent quality and great value.
The hotel has recently been renovated and is now modern, stylish, comfortable and of high quality.
Golf Centre staff, particularly Dilys Airey (who runs things exceptionally well) are friendly, knowledgeable and polished.
Hawkstone Park is still the best good club in Shropshire, and provides exceptional value all round.
Play The Championship Course though if you like golf. Play the Hawkstone Old Course if you just like scenery.

Beware !

Beware the casual golf society... this course is a gem, it is beautiful, it always plays well......... but dont get stuck behind the hackers of Liverpool golf society.... ZERO etiquette... no raking of bunkers..... no repair of pitch marks.....trolley bags over tee boxes and YES greens (I kid you f'kin NOT). So slow, and they would not call us through, even when all four of them missed a green on the short 12th, despite us twice driving through them when they duffed all four tee shots max 150 yrds sown the fairway

I’ve played this course before in the summer and remembered it been a lot better than this. The fair ways were far to long because of the lack of thickness in grass. The greens were ok but did have a number of unrepaired pitch marks.

Lovely course

Very nice course to play, only downside it was a bit boggy wouldn’t want to play it after a lot of rain. Other than that can’t fault it at all. Can imagine it’s absolutely lovely to play in the summer. Will definitely be back in the summer.

What a nightmare.

Where to begin? I arrived with a friend at hawkstone to play the championship course. Which had been booked through tee off times. It had been a fairly wet fee days but as the course took the booking we decided to play and thought it would be fine.

The course was in a horrendous condition. As we approached the first green. It was littered with puddles, after teeing off on an extremely wet tee. This continued throughout the course. With puddles on most greens and various parts of fairways being nigh on impossible to play off.

Now I enjoy this course and have played it many a tome, but I don't think I will be returning again after this experience or at least until the summer.

Fairways were waterlogged, the guy behind the counter in the pro shop was rude and obnoxious.

Overall a terrible experience from what is a lovely place, the course should not be open in conditions of this nature. It is not only unsatisfying for customers paying green fees. But close to dangerous also.

Value for money

Played the Championship course on a Sunday morning and was surprised how good the greens were, they were true and reasonable quick.
The fairways were a little long but in good condition and dry, even though we had a lot of rain in the past few weeks. Overall the course was good and I would recommend.

Birthday weekend

I thought I was going back to a course I played many years ago but it was not the case , the championship course was fabulous and a pleasant surprise , super tricky greens

Championship course

It's harder than the hawkstone course more water and longer narrow holes scenery spectacular.. it makes you play all ranges from your short game to your long shots off the fairway and some challenging greens.. championship value for money.. hawkstone course very pricey at the minute we play them both quite a lot but it's not worth double the price of the championship.. get your selves a round at hawkstone you will not be disappointed in the Shropshire countryside

Great golf course - teeofftimes booking was awful

Teeofftime.co.uk ... how to ruin a days golf. They had double booked me on the Tee time AND tried to get an extra player onto my 2 ball. Pro shop were great but I had to wait ages for a tee, not great when the game was doubling as a business meeting. Late off so only played 12 holes - the course is in great condition and played really well. Get in for a game before the hot weather bakes the course !!!

Superb days golfing

Played an enjoyable 2 ball on Monday afternoon. Course was quiet. Course well maintained. My only gripe is with the state of the bunkers which contained hard compacted sand and a lot of small stones. However that didn't detract from an enjoyable round at a premier course.

Decent test for all

The course and layout are challenging but reward good play. Facilities and value for money make Hawkstone championship course an excellent option to play.

Alex

Lovely golf course. Greens running true. The fellow golfers there where amazingly helpful and generous for letting me play down with them on the first then letting me go off on my own.

Enjoyable course to play

I do enjoying both the championship & hawkstone course, they are great courses & definitely worth playing.

I do have one gripe though about hawkstone park, is that I have played around 4 times now and every time I have asked for a buggy & been told that they are "fully booked". However when booking in and grabbing scorecard we got told that the course was pretty empty the last morning we went. There was around 15 buggies as we started & around 15 when we finished (in around 3.5 hours).
So I asked the question whether it was because of tee off times we couldn't have a buggy and still got told they were all booked & when questioning the amount of buggies outside I got told that they must've all come back since we've been out, which is totally ludicrous seeing as we saw amount 5/6 other lots of golfer to which 1 had their own buggy & we made it around in good time.
Not sure whether it's because of our ages as we are a "younger" golfer that they think we're going to "mess" the course up even though we're paying good money to play at good courses and want to enjoy it fully by using a buggy sometimes.

Excellent Hawkstone

Turned up with my brother 1 hour before our allotted time and told it was quite and could go off any time we liked.
Tee'd off the first hole 10.30 nobody in front and no one behind the entire round.
The presentation of the course was first class fairways tight rough not too severe and although the greens had been treated superb overall a lovely day out

First time played this Course . Very impressed with layout . appears Greens have been suffering thru a wet winter but i am sure they'll improve quickly .

Good nick

Course is in good nick considering the amount of rain that's fallen over the few days previous to me playing here

Plays Once a year

Sunday golf at its best

Hardly anyone else out there. Unfortunately, there was agtoup of loutish
, foul-mouthed yobs playing ahead of me. It was still a pleasure to play this course.

Weston-under-Redcastle, North Shropshire