Hawkstone Park Golf Club - Championship Course

White 72 6472 yards
Yellow 72 6258 yards
Red (W) 73 5751 yards
Scorecard for Championship
Black M: 70.7/121 406 172 378 360 487 359 446 505 177 3290 531 180 397 372 481 403 307 158 353 3182 6472
White M: 70.0/119 387 167 368 349 479 348 436 496 158 3188 526 159 368 364 476 393 302 143 342 3073 6261
Red W: 71.2/121 374 120 368 338 431 334 422 479 120 2986 456 102 337 356 443 347 268 130 326 2765 5751

Year Built 1995

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard

What a nightmare.

Where to begin? I arrived with a friend at hawkstone to play the championship course. Which had been booked through tee off times. It had been a fairly wet fee days but as the course took the booking we decided to play and thought it would be fine.

The course was in a horrendous condition. As we approached the first green. It was littered with puddles, after teeing off on an extremely wet tee. This continued throughout the course. With puddles on most greens and various parts of fairways being nigh on impossible to play off.

Now I enjoy this course and have played it many a tome, but I don't think I will be returning again after this experience or at least until the summer.

Fairways were waterlogged, the guy behind the counter in the pro shop was rude and obnoxious.

Overall a terrible experience from what is a lovely place, the course should not be open in conditions of this nature. It is not only unsatisfying for customers paying green fees. But close to dangerous also.

Value for money

Played the Championship course on a Sunday morning and was surprised how good the greens were, they were true and reasonable quick.

The fairways were a little long but in good condition and dry, even though we had a lot of rain in the past few weeks. Overall the course was good and I would recommend.

Birthday weekend

I thought I was going back to a course I played many years ago but it was not the case , the championship course was fabulous and a pleasant surprise , super tricky greens

Championship course

It's harder than the hawkstone course more water and longer narrow holes scenery spectacular.. it makes you play all ranges from your short game to your long shots off the fairway and some challenging greens.. championship value for money.. hawkstone course very pricey at the minute we play them both quite a lot but it's not worth double the price of the championship.. get your selves a round at hawkstone you will not be disappointed in the Shropshire countryside

Great golf course - teeofftimes booking was awful

Teeofftime.co.uk ... how to ruin a days golf. They had double booked me on the Tee time AND tried to get an extra player onto my 2 ball. Pro shop were great but I had to wait ages for a tee, not great when the game was doubling as a business meeting. Late off so only played 12 holes - the course is in great condition and played really well. Get in for a game before the hot weather bakes the course !!!

Superb days golfing

Played an enjoyable 2 ball on Monday afternoon. Course was quiet. Course well maintained. My only gripe is with the state of the bunkers which contained hard compacted sand and a lot of small stones. However that didn't detract from an enjoyable round at a premier course.

Decent test for all

The course and layout are challenging but reward good play. Facilities and value for money make Hawkstone championship course an excellent option to play.

Alex

Lovely golf course. Greens running true. The fellow golfers there where amazingly helpful and generous for letting me play down with them on the first then letting me go off on my own.

Enjoyable course to play

I do enjoying both the championship & hawkstone course, they are great courses & definitely worth playing.

I do have one gripe though about hawkstone park, is that I have played around 4 times now and every time I have asked for a buggy & been told that they are "fully booked". However when booking in and grabbing scorecard we got told that the course was pretty empty the last morning we went. There was around 15 buggies as we started & around 15 when we finished (in around 3.5 hours).

So I asked the question whether it was because of tee off times we couldn't have a buggy and still got told they were all booked & when questioning the amount of buggies outside I got told that they must've all come back since we've been out, which is totally ludicrous seeing as we saw amount 5/6 other lots of golfer to which 1 had their own buggy & we made it around in good time.

Not sure whether it's because of our ages as we are a "younger" golfer that they think we're going to "mess" the course up even though we're paying good money to play at good courses and want to enjoy it fully by using a buggy sometimes.

Excellent Hawkstone

Turned up with my brother 1 hour before our allotted time and told it was quite and could go off any time we liked.

Tee'd off the first hole 10.30 nobody in front and no one behind the entire round.

The presentation of the course was first class fairways tight rough not too severe and although the greens had been treated superb overall a lovely day out

First time played this Course . Very impressed with layout . appears Greens have been suffering thru a wet winter but i am sure they'll improve quickly .

Good nick

Course is in good nick considering the amount of rain that's fallen over the few days previous to me playing here

Plays Once a year

Sunday golf at its best

Hardly anyone else out there. Unfortunately, there was agtoup of loutish

, foul-mouthed yobs playing ahead of me. It was still a pleasure to play this course.

Winter round

Course in overall good condition. For this time of year the fairways are very good. Greens looked a little odd (very darlpk colour) as they had just been dressed but they played well enough.

Another enjoyable round at Hawkstone

Keep coming back here as the course is always in great condition - never seen a course collecting the autumn leaves before. Never had any issues with the pace of play and it's always decent value. What's not to like?

A very much improved course

As an ex member from 16 years ago, the course has matured brilliantly and the greens were as good as anywhere I have played for some time. As a single figure golfer it was a pleasure. The pace of play was slow, but when you are a 2 ball then you half expect to be waiting, so we adjusted accordingly with a flask and a biscuit every 6 holes.. Well worth going back to.

Weston-under-Redcastle, North Shropshire