Hazel Grove Golf Club

Yellow 71 5933 yards
Yellow/Winter 70 5699 yards
Red (W) 71 5249 yards
Scorecard for Hazel Grove Golf Club
White M: 69.7/119 364 172 535 387 173 400 488 341 187 3047 540 180 492 213 378 280 332 372 400 3187 6234
Yellow M: 69.0/115 351 164 524 376 161 377 480 332 176 2941 514 162 481 203 371 262 324 309 366 2992 5933
Red W: 66.1/111 304 154 435 346 128 348 408 294 166 2583 448 131 431 190 327 254 305 302 278 2666 5249

Year Built 1914
Architect Alister MacKenzie Ken Moodie (2003)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch

Good course, great value

Booked this course on a hot deal

The course was in good condition given the hot and dry summer we’ve had

Fairways were good and the greens true

A good mix of holes

Didn’t use the catering so can’t comment on that.

Overall impression was good and would certainly play it again

a very pleasant day,s golf

WELL WORTH PLAYING AND A GOOD BREAFAST TO FINISH. I PLAYED THIS COURSE 3 MOTHS AFTER A STROKE AND 18 MOTHS AFTER A QUADRUPLE BI PASS AND YES I WAS ON A BUGGY BUT I WALKED AS WELL AND I AM AGED 71 USED TO PLAY OF 10 AND REALLY ENJOYED THE COURSE.

Good round of golf

Played here a few years ago and it was a pleasure to play again. Course in good condition despite the period of hot weather, Greens fast and good variety of holes, really enjoyed the round and would very much recommend.

Fantastic

Great course..friendly staff.

A pleasure to play..

Great course in good condition

Challenging for all

Excellent course

Course was in excellent condition

Course is well looked after,has some interesting holes and for the less mobile golfer is relatively flat

Staff and members very friendly

Al in all a very good course for all handicaps

Impressive Course

Some great deals on teeofftimes here and well worth the money.

Course is in excellent condition, many holes have a path for carts next to them so the fairways have not been ruined.

Highly recommended

nightmare

Played on here on Monday, all started off OK, a bit slow, but not to bad and then I got to the fourth hole, play had ground to a halt an extremely slow 4 ball holding up the two ball behind them, very frustrating, but that was just the start, I then had 3 ignorant members teeing off while I was waiting to take my second shot, one narrowly missing me and then going for the green with me on it, I was fuming, it was taking 15 minutes a hole because of the four ball. A lot of things happened, two of the temp tees on the back nine were so spongey that when I went to tee off the ball rose up while I sunk and to top things off on the 18th I had a short chip and putt to go, was just about to chip on when the greenkeepers decided to drive on the green rather than wait 30 seconds, there was no one behind me for about 4 holes after I skipped a hole to get in front of the four ball. I had lost all interest by this point, picked up my ball and sarcastically thanked the ignorant greenkeepers, I won't be going back, although not all staff and members are bad, the two members ahead of me were nice blokes and down to earth, shame about the others.

HazelGrovegc
Commented On 04/17/2018

Good morning,

Thank you for your recent review. We do apologise for the pace of play on the day you visited us. As golfers we do rely on the etiquette of others and hope everyone plays within the spirit of the game.

The tee mats have been a necessity throughout the winter months with terrible weather, we were hoping to be back on the grass tees by the end of March but mother nature thought otherwise!

We will mention the incident on the 18th to our green staff to understand why this happened.

We hope to see you again in the summer months. If you would like to discuss this matter further please call James Rowlands

PGA Professional on

0161 4837272

MR

This is a great course, will challenging holes at the start & finish that can ruin your card. Unfortunately the day we played, as a number of the previous days had been subject to heavy rain the course was very wet (probably should have been closed) & as a consequence we did not have an enjoyable round. We look forward to returning when the weather has improved

Great challenging mixture of holes.

Good condition. Greens emaculate for this time of year. “VERY TIDY COURSE”.

Wet conditions

Heavy going at times but there had been a lot of rain. Greens very good. Very enjoyable game despite the conditions

Despite the rain....

Despite the rain we have had and the amount of water on the course, the greens were in very good condition. This is a splendid track with a great mixture of par 4,5 and testing par 3,s.

All staff very pleasant and helpful.

Will definitely be back when hopefully the course has dried out !!

As a corporate venue this was ideal for our purposes

We played our RCSL National Matchplay Team Finals over 2 days. We have nothing but praise for James, the Professional and his team, for looking after our needs. We were 4 teams made up of 6 players in each team from all across the UK. The package arranged by the organiser included all golf, meals, free practice balls on the Pitching practice area and a private function area set aside for our meals and presentation.

We were so impressed with the level of service and customer experience that we have booked to come back in 2018 for the same event.

The course off the whites was a good test of golf and there were may holes where risk and reward paid off. Split tees on the second day made sure we all finished in 4 hours. Great course.

Really enjoyed a good mixture of holes, found the greens challenging

Pleasant Surprise

Having lived in the area most of my life and played many courses in the area this was my first visit to Hazel Grove and I will be returning.

As we had an early tee time the pro allowed us tee off early, we had the course to ourself, with a ladies match following us. The course was in excellent presentation, a few holes in we came across people maintaining the plants and trees that surround the course and set the scene of the course well. While green keeping staff focused on the course itself.

There is a number of tricky holes that make you think about club and shot selection. The greens were in perfect order and fast. I personally took a while to get used to the green pace.

The members were very plesant and said hello as we passed them.

Overall a very good experience.

I would recommend this course to anyone looking for a very good quality course at a reasonable price.

Cracking Golf Course

What a great place to play golf. Some brilliant holes. Undulating greens. Water in front of the green holes. Would I play again? Sure would !!! Clubhouse is a little dark, but that's to be expected of golf clubhouses. I didn't use the changing room so cannot comment on this. Lad in the shop was ok but could have been a bit friendlier, you're representing the club when you're in their mate. It's not about acting cool.

Beautiful day for golf!

Visited HCGC on Wednesday 10 May for a two ball tee of time of 10.10am. Very friendly in pro shop who informed us that the Seniors were playing a competition and that the round would be affected by this. No issues as weather was superb with the pace of play pretty good despite the comp. Although not a long course (just over 6,200 from yellows), course needs careful thought as fairways are very tight, there are many trees and several water hazards waiting to catch the wayward shot and the greens are very undulating and quick!

A really good test of golf which I would recommend to anyone! Will definitely be back as my back nine score was the best I have ever had!!

Nice course the staff and members were friendly and helpful, will definitely play there again in the future.

Offerton, Stockport