Heythrop Park Resort

Yellow 72 6282 yards
Red (W) 72 5803 yards
Blue 72 5202 yards
Scorecard for Heythrop Park Resort
Black M: 74.9/131 470 184 446 533 358 313 424 394 220 3342 445 572 419 185 524 198 344 463 596 3746 7088
Blue M: 73.1/123 404 154 406 510 332 305 401 394 190 3096 384 551 376 176 513 160 326 431 554 3471 6567
White M: 70.7/121 373 144 396 496 309 296 376 394 170 2954 375 544 366 165 474 150 319 423 512 3328 6282
Red W: 70.2/119 363 133 364 475 284 281 367 280 156 2703 347 519 359 159 419 141 312 379 465 3100 5803

Year Built 2009
Architect Tom MacKenzie (2009)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Heythrop Park Golf Academy"

Under rated course

Honestly can say this is the most interesting course I have played, apparently a new green keeper has taken over so give it 6 months the improvements required will turn this into a top course. Make the most of it whilst prices are low you won’t play many as good as this one especially for the low price. It could do with a separate golf club away from the hotel. Hole 6 is stunning.

Excellent

Absolutely love this course. It's in fantastic condition, greens are excellent. Some beautiful and challenging holes, set in stunning grounds with majestic scenery.

Would definitely recommend having a round here if you haven't been before.

Bish

Will be back!

Stayed away due to reviews but decided to give it a go today..Clearly more of a hotel spa resort but the course was in good condition with lots of interesting holes.Lots of dog legs with bunkers and water to keep you in check! Holes are quite long for average hitters and greens are not too difficult.Enjoyable round and will certainly be back soon.

Good golf break option...

Last time I played this course was a few years ago with a memory of being very well looked after, with good greens and pleasant surroundings. I didn't play well that day so was keen to do better if I ever got the chance to play again.

Whilst the weather was not as good this time around, the course has stood up well after such a dry summer - a few scars on the greens as evidence of this - and I had a much better game helped by having a bit of course knowledge. .

It is not a particularly hard course but is long if your walking, which I don't mind, as you take the scenary in more and keep the fitbit happy. It took just over 4 hours for two of us..

Hotel is very nice so a good option for a weekend golf break - would definitely recommend.

Having played this course a few times over the years, and it was quite bad last year, this is by far the best I have seen it. Greens and fairways are in very good condition, there are some extremely good, yet testing holes. Great value for money.

Tired and poorly managed

Booked a hot deal for a Sunday PM tee time so pleased with the £11 deal. Arrived early and told our tee time had been bumped back. Went into the bar to grab something to eat and there was nothing available - not even a packet of crisps. We were offered a complimentary mini danish that had been on the bar all morning (this was 1pm). There was a large ladies match ahead and so expected a slow round. But when it took us 3.5hrs to complete 12 holes and there were 10 of us waiting on the Par 3 13th we decided to call it a day. We didn't stay for a drink. Greens in great condition, but tee boxes and bunkers poor and the weather cannot be used as an excuse for this. Poor signage between tees and very few clear yardage markers sadly show a course that could have great potential but either doesn't have the money or resource available for its up keep. Very disappointed. Will not be going back.

Disappointing

I know the weather hasn't helped, but the course was in pretty poor condition, tee boxes were bare & the greens not great. This course is very long green to tee so is only for the fittest of you, it was 31deg when we started on Sunday & our drinks supplies soon dwindled, it really could do with a couple of taps from halfway onwards. It also must be said that the signage isn't great, particularly when tees are moved, thereby extending the walk unnecessarily.

We were not impressed with the staff either, there was no-one on the golf reception so we had to go to the bar to pay & despite explaining we had booked through 'Golf Now' the guy was adamant we should be paying £20 each, we refused & just left the £30 (£15 each) & went off to play. We finished about 7.30pm & the bar was shut, so no drink after, & the girl who was there was less than helpful when we asked if there was anywhere else on site we could get a drink, this is a hotel / spa afterall. Not a great experience on this occasion & I think we will leave it alone for a while, shame, because we have enjoyed it in the past.

Stunning

Stunning course and definitely worth the £13 we paid by booking online. Would’ve and could’ve paid a lot more for this amazing course. Very hilly though, so be aware of this. By the time you get to a few tee boxes you are out of breath. But still awesome course, and the summer sun set made it all that bit better.

A great track worth a visit this winter

A superb course laid out on an epic scale it appeared that there was a lack of investment from the current owner with only the most basic of course maintenance being afforded the only reason the course remains playable is because of the huge investment spent when setting up the course well worth s look through the winter at these prices not sure I would visit in summer unless maintenance changes in 2018

Commented On 03/05/2018

I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience at Heythrop Park Golf Resort. We pride ourselves on not only a great layout but delivering a high-end golf course in top condition 12 months of the year. Unfortunately we suffered badly over the past 12 months due to a mixture of things some in our control and some unforeseen, from irrigation system falling over at the start of the season, to the sprayer for the greens breaking down at keys times and finally poor management. However we have managed to address all three things and I'm delighted to say the course has never looked better. We would like to invite you back for a game on us to see the improvements we've made and meet the new team. Please contact me direct at the club - Jamie Cook, Golf Manager

Shocking Greens

Have played this course on numerous occasions and enjoyed the challenge, however I'm not sure what has happened since but the greens are among the worst ive played all year.

Diseased and full off holes. (not through maintenance)

The poor state of them ruined what is a nice course.

Sadly it will be a while before I contemplate returning.

Off course the after round offering needs to be looked at, overpriced for a basic product.

Greens were a mess

I've played at Heythrop before and loved it, nice and quiet, beautiful surroundings and interesting challenges from start to finish but this time was a disgrace. I paid £70 for 2 of us to tee off at 9.20 and despite no pre-round sandwiches available in the club house without pre-booking first (!) was keen to go. At no point, not even in the club house was it mentioned to us that the greens were in total disrepair and being treated, all of them which ruined what would have been a great day, still a lovely course but come on Heythrop, a bit of customer service eh?!

Commented On 03/05/2018

Played this course a few times and generally it in good order and quite challenging for a novice. However on this occasion the pace of play was abysmal. It actually took 5hr 40min to do 18 holes . Usually get round in about 4 to 4half hours.

So unfortunately a good day ruined at least the weather was good.

Heythrop Manor

Very picturesque course not one to be walked buggy recommend long trek between some greens and following tee boxes. The greens are in need of some repair and TLC. Booked through teeoff times so very good deal however after seeing the greens price reflective of low price.

10th June 2017

I had travelled down from the West Midlands to play a nice golf course with my friend. I had managed to get a 'hot deal' for £20 on tee off times per player. The course layout was interesting but the upkeep of the course in general was poor. The greens were in a terrible condition and this hugely affected the enjoyment of our round of golf. I was disappointed by the course and I would be even more dissatisfied had I paid the full price of £35!

Plays Once a year

Nice surroundings

Course had nice surroundings. But it needs a little work on the course, not in the best nic. Lovely hotels tho.

18 @ heythrop park

After hearing of this course I was expecting something special. I found the layout of the course very hilly but enjoyable. staff were friendly. Greens were completely brown with lots of sand on. Tee'd off at 3pm and was done by 6.15 pm. Disappointed to find the club house was shut so unable to have a drink afterwards.

Bad condition

I have played this course a few times before and rated it in the past. Currently though it is in poor condition and I would not go back for quite a while

Good Course

For the green fee I should not complain ....but I can make some comments I feel. Course condition was OK it has been a very dry April & the greens had been hollow tined but I feel the sprinklers should be in use as the greens are very hard & will not heal quickly with no water

Great holes , poor condition

The course has many interesting holes. There is often quite a lot of distance between the greens and the next tee, so I used a buggy, which adds to the cost.

On previous visits I felt the green fee and the buggy cost was justified by the golfing experience, but not this time.

On this occasion, I was disappointed with the condition of the greens and the fairways. A number of fairways had damage, I presume from rabbits, and whilst some damage was being dealt with, in other places no action had been taken. There were no notices in the club house about the problem, and the resort did not give any response to my email raising these concerns.

I also raised with the resort the placing of the flags on the greens, which are supposed to be in accordance with a system ( A,B,C,D ), but seemed to be entirely random. Again no response was received.

Chipping Norton, West Oxfordshire