Leasowe Golf Club

White 71 6279 yards
Yellow 71 6060 yards
Red (W) 73 5588 yards
Scorecard for Leasowe Golf Club
White M: 69.7/119 W: 70.7/121 249 299 149 483 333 560 390 277 433 3173 467 297 156 317 354 396 391 540 185 3103 6276

Year Built 1891
Architect Steve Marnoch

Slow play

Arrived to tee off at 1.25 group of three in front very slow play could not really blame them it was the fourball in front of them. Threeball left after nine then very slow play with the fourball in front considering there are signs around the reminding people of slow play. But enjoyed the course think there was only one green that was a bit bald in places nice views from front nine. Would definitely play there again.

Good all year round

Good course with some great holes on.

Some really tough holes when the wind is blowing.

Nice challenge massive bunkers

Turned us to play Leasow today and see a 5 ball in front of me teeing off and thinking to myself this is going to be a long day, but after the first they let me play through and flew round in just under 3 hours. The front nine had some great holes, the back nine had some of the biggest bunkers I have ever seen and sadly played out of, they where open standard!!! This course was a great challenge, very well maintained especially with all the great weather we have had the greens where green, not charcoaled and they were reasonably paced instead of either like putting on glass or longer than the fairways like some of the course I have recently played so well done. I didn’t test the amenities as had to pick the kids up from school hence the average score, I would give this course another play in the future

Lovely leasowe

I've played this course on a few occasions now and have enjoyed it every time. The challenge of the course depends on the weather conditions.Yesterday was a beautiful day and the course was in good condition although some of the greens could have been better. The club house has excellent views with very nice food and friendly welcoming staff.Definitely recommend this course to all levels of golfers

This course has some challenging holes

Great course to let you play so many different shots , well recommended.

Great condition, some amazing views

I absolutely love the front 9 of leasowe, some incredible views and really challenging holes. The back 9 is again very enjoyable however is very back and forth, however there's nothing they can really do about that. Greens in great nick, definitely recommend to anybody to give it a go

Great location

A well maintained golf course apart from the geese poo on the fairways. A thinking player golf course. Members are friendly

Flat links course with some interesting holes.

Played the course in early May 2018. Hadn't played it for over 30 years but it was pretty much as I remembered it. It is a flat links course with many short par fours, some of them interesting with gorse featuring heavily on both sides of the fairway. When we played there was only a light breeze which makes a big difference to the degree of difficulty. The course was in good condition for the time of year and staff and members were very welcoming. For £9 per player it was excellent value and will definitely play there again soon.

excellent

course in lovely condition. Members friendly . would recommend

Fantastic Course at Great Value

My friend and I booked Leasowe as a last minute deal on a Sunday afternoon. The course was in fabulous condition and relatively empty as I believe we followed out a seniors competition earlier in the day.

The course was very good for the price we paid and had some fantastic feature holes, especially the front nine - new visitors appreciate the first few holes the most, they are arguably the most picturess. The back nine is also great however, holes 14, 15 and 16 do feel a little 'up and back' as you literally just walk up and down adjacent holes and lack clear features (such as dunes or raised greens etc.). This is what is preventing Leasowe becoming a top, top course to be mentioned with the like of Wallasey and West Lancs.

I would strongly recommend this course to anyone looking for fantastic links golf but not wanting to pay a premium. Leasowe is the perfect example of good affordable golf.

SLOW, INCONSIDERATE MEMBERS

We had a tee time booked for 124pm on arrival, 1255pm, were immediately informed that start times were running 10 minutes late. went to use the practice green and a member on the 9th green asked if We had removed the sign as the practice green was off limits when he had teed off, the sign was nowhere to be seen! We teed off at 140pm behind a twoball and for the next six holes we waited to play each shot along with twoball ahead due to a members three ball comprising 2gentlemen and a lady who having failed to keep up with the game in front by three holes due in the main to unnecessary fratenising, hugging and kissing at every opportunity on greens and tees! Even worse the failed to take opportunities at: holes 3, 6 & 7 to allow the 2 ball thru, who i have to say we're very good young golfers. Finally at nine the 2 ball got thru, and the SLOW group were now a clear hole ahead of my group, only until 13 and then we were again held up by the above behaviour and they had lost sight of the 2 ball they had let thru earlier. Our four finished at 1730 as the sun set over the clubhouse we could just make out the 18th in the darkness, heaven knows how the 4 ball behind us managed to hit the green, they must have worn night vision goggles!!

Apres golf and the coffee machine dispensed half measures, the bar closed And the members debated BREXIT & immigration politics loudly and with several profanities foc!!

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ SECTION 1 of the RULES OF GOLF!

Finally, All Winter Tees, 2 Temporary Greens, Members Dont Repar Pitch Marks, all bunkers GUR,

AVOID THIS COURSE AT ALL COSTS - it is not visitor friendly.

Decent course for the time of year

Course was overall in good condition for November, 4 temporary greens which was disappointing but apart from lots of standing water the course was in decent condition and very enjoyable. Some interesting tricky holes especially in the wind. Will definitely be returning.

Dry course

If you are looking for a dry course this is the one for you. No water and greens ran true.

There is a notice up saying 2 of the green staff are off sick and some of the tee boxes needed a cut however this did not detract from the round.

In good nick despite the recent rain

Played as part of two three balls,course is in good nick and the ball still bounces along the fairways despite all the recent bad weather. Only moan was a few bunkers are being dug out and remodelled which made some holes easier particularly the 18th.

Shame the ones I went in were still playable and very deep!!

Greens were still fairly quick and true

Sunny day

Great coures greens been sanded but we were warned Normaly told after play, would have been cheaper booking at the coures, so ring pro shop.

Storm Doris The Revenge

I should have took a kite instead of clubs it was that windy.

Course had 4 temps on and was a bit damp in places but considering my course Mossock Hall only had the first 6 holes open, Leasowe was a God send.

Staff were friendly as always and the barmaid still had a smile on her face even though she had to serve a society and a wake of a funeral too !!!!!

It's well worth a visit if you've never played it.

Good course

Arrived early to a few funny looks by the members by the club shop, (maybe I need to updrage my under armour and taylormade attire) then another member got the hump we booked via tee off times with a sly comment! Anyway I wasn't going to let them bother me so onto the course. First few holes were excellent especially the 1st (very unforgiving bunkers) once you go back past the club shop the holes get a bit repetitive and not much variation BUT still very good. Greens were in excellent condition and very consistent and fairways were also in great condition considering the time of the year. We approached one green discussing our next shot to have a group of members shout over saying we were to loud! (They did just put there tee shots into a bush so I suppose looking for someone to blame is the norm!)

The holes are very close together so for players who hit a bit wayward get ready to shout for! But I think playing this course a few times could really improver your game as it tests a few different areas. I can't really comment on the clubhouse etc but I looked nice walking past...

Overall it wasn't the friendliest course I have been to but most certainly one of the best.

A really good challenge

Course setup was brilliant. Good tough pin positions. Greens playing fast and true. Favourable weather conditions helped as high winds were forecast but didn't arrive before we finished!

All in all, a good day out at a good price when booked through teeofftimes.

Will play again.