Style Parkland

Year Built 0
Golf Season April 1st - October 31st

Fivesomes Allowed Yes
Single Allowed Yes

Course in great condition and as name suggests plent of water waiting for any wayward golf shots.Recommended for those seeking a challenge.

Almost perfect

This course is brilliant to play, even for a 18 handicapper like myself. The fairways and greens are first class, it is a fair course with forgiving fairways but some greens are quite tight and there is a lot of water. The thing that lets is down is the pace of play and other golfers etiquette. I was playing on my own but waited behind a 4 ball on ever tee from the 4th. These people are a disgrace and they ruin it for others. This is the 3rd time I’ve played here and it has been over 4 hours for every round. Other than that it was superb!

Brooky

Great layout but in tatty condition and massive walks between greens and tee boxes

Enjoyed it

Course was in good condition for the time of year will definitely be back in summer to see it at its best. Nice layout some challenging holes.

Water

Great course for price, someone put loads of water all the way through the course. How do I get my 8 balls back that went for swims please ?

Challenge

Lovely golf course, real challenge. Accurate tee shot required and also a accurate 2nd shot to the green. Lots of water a real enjoyment to play. Course was in excellent condition as we played it on beginning of August. Good facilities and friendly staff made it a most enjoyable day.

Tough

Tricky drives and 2nd shots into greens, water everywhere, loved it as a challenge and excellent greens farst and receptive.

Risk and reward

Great course with a variety of risk and reward holes! Played with my son today and would love to be a member here just the 40 min drive that is stopping me! Great friendly staff and the course was in great condition apart from a couple of greens. Would love to bring my son back again.

Great views

Very good course some hard holes and plenty of water to keep you in check but most fairways are wide well worth the money good club house.

Good test, take plenty balls!

Two great courses here at Longhurst both a good test. It is quite easy to lose your ball, so it's all about where not to put your shot!
I started with a canny sausage sandwich with proppa broon sauce (HP) then teed off at 10am. The course was in great nick apart from the 17th where the green was covered in geese sh1t and geese who wouldn't budge! That's nature for you I guess! Pace of play was good until 15th where I caught up with a 3 ball who typically would not wave me through and were very slow. Don't be put off though both of Longhursts courses are well worth the visit.

Good course, great value

Friendly welcome. Course well looked after, particularly considering dry recent weather. Well worth a visit.

Very well kept but major lack of info during play

Really impressed this with course, being high handicappers we lost a lot of balls throughout the day due to all the water hazards but I still found the challenging aspect excellent.

The real down fall is the total lack of information provided, the markers at the tea boxes are faded so you can’t tell if they are yellow or white, and it’s not very clear where the total yardage is specifically taken from at each hole. This doubled with very few 100/150 yard markers and no colour coding of flags to show where the pin position is causes both frustration and extra minutes and strokes added to the round. Simple additions could make this lovely looking course so much more functional.

Picturesque course

First time playing the lakes course well impressed with course layout. Fairways need a good downpour due to the weather greens are very well kept will definatley be back very reasonable price as well

Unfriendly pro shop

Booked a four ball and when I rang to book a buggy as two of my friends can't play without one was told they were on a first come first served basis. As there was no indication of this when I booked the tee times I explained that if I turned up and no buggy was available my friends couldn't play and we has already paid for the fourball the pro shop said they couldn't help me. I think this should be made apparent when booking. When we arrived we asked for a buggy and were told that we couldn't book it even though we were there until 30 mins before our tee time, even though we offered to pay for it. The pro shop welcome was extremely unfriendly and unhelpful. The only friendly person at the course was the lady in the bar who gave us our food. I have played golf at many courses but wouldn't recommend this course there if definitely not a welcome for visitors, perhaps it's because they are not getting any money.

Great Course!

This is the 4th time I have played the Lakes. its a great course is very good condition, playing during the week or weekend its never to busy. Apart from how terrible I am at golf I had a very good day!

First time playing Longhirst Lakes. Played with my grandson who is 15 and I am 65 and we both enjoyed it very much.
The tees require attention and the greens need time to repair them selfs as they are well used.
We would definitely play Longhirst again as it’s a testing course and very long with loads of water.

Bedlington, Northumberland