Malkins Bank Golf Club

White 70 6005 yards
Yellow 70 5630 yards
Red (W) 70 5380 yards
Scorecard for Malkins Bank Golf Club
Blue M: 67.1/113 166 352 388 372 137 373 364 371 377 2900 361 518 159 329 191 343 498 344 366 3109 6009
White M: 66.5/110 156 342 368 357 127 363 354 361 367 2795 341 508 149 314 181 333 459 329 351 2965 5760
Red W: 68.2/115 142 326 358 323 118 358 344 346 357 2672 331 449 135 304 159 293 436 319 343 2769 5441

Year Built 1976
Architect Hawtree Ltd (1976)

Carts Yes - GBP 15.00 - GBP 20.00

Golf School Academy Yes - "Ian Woosnam Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No

A bit shambolic

Arrived to find booked tee time had been moved back for no apparent reason. Played first hole. At second hole there was some works going on and 4 groups were ahead of us playing the hole which meant about a half hour wait to play the hole.From then on it was still extremely slow as there was a seniors comp ahead of us. Message is to avoid getting stuck behind this comp and be aware of potential chaos at second hole.

Nice course, it tends to be quite busy and you often tee off 10 mins late

Really good, decent golf.

The coarse is well maintained. Greens are in good condition. Yes there is ground under repair and a few things that perhaps need looking at. This is a good coarse. I played here 25 years ago. It was good then but is better now. They've added a few bunkers a pond and the trees are more mature. There are cleverly positioned fairway bunkers. The bunkers have soft sand. I have played it's of different golf coarse at varying prices. Malkins bank come into the brilliant value for money.

Great price

Really well kept course. Some interesting and challenging holes, especially on the back 9. Theres a driving range on site which charges a mere £1 for 20 balls which is great as a warm up before teeing off. Only 2 bad points was the amount of what look like areas under repair on the faiways on the first few holes, but i think they were some sort of air shafts? And secondly, we a a few other 2 balls got stuck behind a really slow 4 ball which was reluctant to allow anyone to play through.

Never again

One of the worst courses I have played.

Several areas of fairway were, or should have been GUR. The tees were scruffy and many of the bunkers had not been raked.

It took us (2 ball) 2H:20 mins to play 9 holes due to slow play ahead. When we got to the 10th tee, the starter had inserted another 4 ball group in front of us.

Having watched them all tee off (left, right, 150 yards), we decided to give up and go home. Didn't even bother having a drink, so can't comment on facilities

Definately won't be returning.

Weapons Of Grass Destruction

I have played this course for 18 years, I played on 21/06 for the first time there since the year before and wow just wow what a change. The grass is just dead on nearly every front 9 fairway and it’s bone hard underneath borderline unplayable from the fairways with an iron due to how hard it is, now I know it’s been dry and warm but I’ve played a lot of local courses and all are managing this well without issue so it’s not a weather thing affecting all places. The starter man is just the most miserable person I’ve encountered and I’m pretty bad but he puts me too shame. It really is a shame what’s happened at the course as it used to be lovely however my 4 ball all said the same that we would never return again, it’s quickly become a course all about taking money, getting as many on as possible and not caring beyond that point, no etiquette from people for playing through, no Marshall’s, no common sense, if it’s so busy alternate starts between the front and back 9 it’s not hard but the starter bloke is a big no to that UNLESS you’re a friend of his. Whole place has become a shambles and it’s a real shame, I would recommend not playing here and going to an alternative

good days golf

Always liked this course - I find it varied and great value. There again I ain't much good

Good round on hot day

really enjoyed the round, normally play this course in the winter or spring wet season so it was a pleasure to see the ball travel. Will definitely play again, some cracking holes.

professionals good / marshalls mini hitler

i am a 53year ( used to be a 4 handicap )

but i have not been spoken to like a child like i was by on coarse marshall (does he own Coarse) he thinks he does

he needs to be spoken to by committee

pro shop not open to pay green fees when tee off time started

made us go back after game started too pay fees

he does not trust people

Hi

I love this course but in the condition the course was I would of shut the back 9 as when me and my mate were walking round u just Sink in the Gound a lot of the time

Good value course

Played on a wet, boggy day but taking this into account plus my poor play on the day I'd still recommend this course. The greens played surprisingly well considering how wet it was and plenty of exciting holes where you get value for a good drive. I particularly enjoy the par 4's where you are on a hill hitting over a drop.

Woosie make it better

A course recently purchased by Ian Woosman, he has a designated car park spot! Expected more. There are interesting and challenging holes but the day I played the tees were worn, fairways "iffy" and the greens showed all the footprints previous game. The set up is very interesting and would consider an overnight stay next summer.

Fine course and easy walking

I'm a senior and walked the course without difficulty. It seemed no consecutive holes were the same. Enough variety, and water, to make it very interesting. Can highly recommend.

nice course

I play here quite often and over the last couple of years the course has massively improved. The greens are excellent and the new bunkers and ponds certainly make it more interesting. The only complaint is play is often quite slow as there seem to be a lot of 4's. Many spend along time searching for balls.

Much Improved course and Facilities

Thoroughly enjoyed our round at Malkins Bank.

This course has improved so much over the last couple of years.

The food and bar prices are excellent and the staff very efficient and helpful.

The shop is now run by American Golf and again the staff are excellent. Friendly and outgoing and happy to advise on anything to do with your round.

The course was in good nick and the bunkers played well, but could be a little bit tidier, not a complaint just an observation. Highly recommend a round.

Slow pace

I recently played here, teeing off at 12 on Saturday so as to be expected pace of play was very slow. This being said the play was extraordinary slow, waiting 5-10 between holes (every hole). Course was in good condition as per usual but would stick to weekdays next time.

Personal best round

Love this corse, great holes, great staff especially the gent in the hut at the 10th tee, gave me a driver cover and a putter cover for free, best corse I've played by far.

very enjoyable

somehow after biblical rain we managed to play and finished as the rain came back. Staff extremely helpful course in good condittion and not too wet considering (I remeber this course as having problems with the wet.

For me what is essentially a parkland course has lots of interest.

Nice pint of Guiness after. Perfect day when he had initiallly doubted whether it was possible to play. Definitely going back

Magnificent Malkins

Having not played golf for a while I thought it best to go back to where I used to play, so off I went back to Malkins Bank GC. I enjoyed playing there before as it was a nice track with a variation of holes.

However, since I've been away the place has been transformed; the course is in great shape, the greens offer a quality surface to putt on with undulations that create a good fair test.

The fairways are also in great nick and wide enough not to be too imposing but must be respected because trouble can easily be found, especially if you get into the trees, of which there are quite a few. From memory the grass is now shorter under the trees so you can make good contact but you're in the woods so your hampered enough already!

There isn't masses of rough but when you do find it it's very difficult to locate your ball let alone play a shot so stay well clear, if you can..

Another major change is the order of holes, the 1st used to be a dead straight Par 4 which was quite a knee-knocker, especially as you could be being watched by any number of other golfers in close proximity, waiting to tee off. Now you start on what used to be the 10th, a nice cosy downhill Par 3 where you feel a little more tucked away when you tee off - a solid iron shot and your away.

As for length I guess it's on the shorter side, I don't know the UK average but, with the Par 4's ranging from 314 to 368 (off yellow) it's no push over. I suppose a very low handicapper with a 275+ yard killer drive in his/her armoury might want more of a test because a lot of the holes are quite straight. Most average golfers, playing off double figures, will enjoy the test of reaching the dancefloor.

The staff I spoke to at the club were very friendly, helpful and down to earth. I didn't catch any whiff of snobbery at Malkins Bank which is important to me. I'm certainly going to look at full membership.

As for the price, at £11 booked through Teeofftimes.co.uk it was an absolute bargain and I'll be going back for another round next week.

Mankind bank must try it oit

Back nine are some of the best I have played a well payed out. Course indexed

Sandbach, Cheshire East