Manchester Golf Club

White 72 6491 yards
Yellow 72 6246 yards
Red (W) 74 5696 yards
Scorecard for Manchester Golf Club
White M: 70.7/121 328 495 516 195 317 453 288 157 513 3262 339 349 427 152 476 430 227 444 385 3229 6491
Yellow M: 70.0/120 312 482 503 179 312 432 282 146 492 3140 325 338 417 139 468 412 211 430 366 3106 6246
Red W: 70.2/119 295 466 460 135 277 397 282 141 478 2931 277 322 409 129 385 353 209 385 296 2765 5696

Year Built 1912
Architect H. S. Colt (1912) Hawtree Ltd

Carts Yes - GBP 20; with GPS: GBP 25

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro

Manchester golf club

We had a fabulous day at Manchester golf club. Even in mid November, the course was in lovely condition. Fairways lovely to play off,great greens & the scenery is superb around.

Brian,the professional at the course was fantastic,very helpful & welcoming.

We'll definetly be back!

Challenging but fair course

We were given a very warm welcome by everyone we met at Manchester Golf Club. This added to the enjoyment we had from playing a very interesting course. The challenge was made more difficult by persistent heavy drizzle for more than half the round but was still enjoyable. The course condition was good in spite of the rain and the pace of play excellent.

Amasing place

I was a member at this course when I was 15 which was 40 years ago and this was my return! Some things had changed but much was the same. Most importantly the course was still maintained to the very highest standard. The greens were fast and true (the best I’ve seen for quite a while touring different courses). The bunkers well kept and generous of sand.

This is a very picturesque course. The undulating topography provides many a great view over the next challenging hole.

Whilst nowehere near the coast there are many similarities to a links feel. The fairways are firm and have a links rather than parkland fairway texture (I know - very strange) and the ball as a result tends to sit up more than you might expect.

It plays longer than its yardage and is a great challenge especially the back nine.

We all have such busy lives these days so I hesitate to say I’d go back but I am planing to go back agaIn soon.

Have to say I did have a couple of pints in the clubhouse and the members I met and the pro and bar team were all very welcoming.

Will be a great course in summer. Not told on temps until had already paid £30pp

In the Summer this would be a great course however we booked through Teeofftimes and were not told that all green and most tees where temps yet charged £30 per person. Hence the low review for value for money.

Fantastic course

First time playing Manchester Golf Club, and what a superbly set out golf course. From hole one right through to the eighteenth there are challenges to test the best golfers. Yet the course is forgiving enough to accept the higher handicappers. The tee's, greens and fairways were in fabulous condition, and the bunkers being some of the best kept, that I've played from. No two holes looked, played or challenged your game the same, which made for very interesting fun round of golf. All round a superb club and course to enjoy a relaxing days golf.

Beast of a course

Played after torrential rain night before course still in great condition. Suits bigger hitters. Would definitely play again. Great experience

Birstall Six

This course was recommended by several golfers, so expectations were high we were not disappointed. As you drive in there are 2 practice greens a big car park and a warm welcome in the pro shop. There is a driving range by the 18th tee.

We played the course after several days heavy rain, the course in good condition (no standing water) it is a park come moor land course. Some long par 4, well placed bunkers. The pars 3s are outstanding. We are defiantly going to play this again. I will try to find the correct club for the 13th par 3 a magnificent hole. On a windy and raining day, I must have been in 10 bunkers but still an enjoyable round

Hidden gem

What a stunning course. I honestly didn't know much about this course. I had no expectations but came away looking at how much membership was. I know courses come down to preference but for me it had everything. It was a true golfers course, if you made a mistake, you were punished. The tees, greens and fairways were lovely. The views were very nice. The course had dog legs, blind tee shots, bunkers to catch every stray shot In the right places. The greens we're aerated at the time of play but still didn't make me not enjoy the course. Would recommend maybe hiring a buggy unless you like a good walk. It does take its toll. Recommend the course to anybody. If your not so straight of the tee it will be a long day as the rough and heather will swallow the ball, I lost almost every stray shot i hit. Will be playing again very soon.

Played this course for the first time today. Views are exceptional. Greens had just been ironed, rolled true and very quick. A very enjoyable round of golf.

Very enjoyable round on a well designed & lovely looking course.

Nice holes with great views

Challenging course with some very picturesque holes. Some holes made u think about your tee shots instead of pulling the driver out every time. Only downside greens could do with a little tlc, a bit bobbly and very inconsistent and was stuck behind the worlds slowest society group ever 4 half hour round although would like to think that would b a 1 off

Had previously played Manchester Golf Club a few years ago when in the area on business so I knew how good the course can be together with the challenging layout. Played here on 7 May 2017 and greens were very disappointing and without doubt the worst I have played on for a while . Although the price I paid for the green fee was more than acceptable I do not think I will rush back when next looking for a game in the Manchester area.

All winter greens

Every single hole was on winter greens, which was not advised at time of booking

Great Course with great views

Really enjoyed this course but the greens were terrible!

Teeboxes had better coverage of grass than the greens but a good challenging course with some great amenities

We will return in the summer and hope the greens improve

course is a great course

sadly the greens where very poor pity that and a very slow 4 ball who did let me and my brother through at the tenth hole

Tuesday golf

Great course , some great holes in great condition apart from the greens very sandy which was a shame, would play again

great views and a good layout

Well worth a visit, on hot deals it's a bargain

Good greens

Well maintained course with excellent greens and nice friendly staff

Rochdale, Rochdale