2.6

Year Built 2003

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse

Mardyke Golf Centre

Really enjoyed my first outing here and was pleasantly surprised. The greens were lovely although only just spiked. The fairways were a bit dry but overall there were plenty of challenges to keep you interested. My only complaint was the condition of the toilets. It looked like they hadn’t been cleaned for a couple of days. Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed the day and would recommend it.

Needs a lot of work

Greens are ok at best. Rest of course is terrible. Fairways and rough are really dry dust bowls. In last 10 days I have played 5 courses and this is the best. Not been looked after at all. Money needs spending to improve fairways

Shhhhh!

This is a super little course with some nice little holes and three cardkillers sitting in the front nine ... but navigate the course well and it can be a real joy and a card pleaser. Don’t be fooled though , the wind can really come into play here and there are big slopes and water for the unsuspecting .

The greens are wonderful for a course of this type and with its traffic

Only down side is it can be a slow round

But shhhhhh don’t tell anyone as we don’t want any more playing it !!!!!

Stupid shut at 8pm rule

Upon arriving for a round starting at 4:50pm was told that have to be off the course by 8pm.

This is not stated anywhere in the terms and conditions when booking so I asked to speak to the manager in case we didn’t finish.

The manager then tells me it’s not his fault that Golfnow don’t have it in their terms & conditions and that somehow we are not entitled to finish a full round as we booked a twilight round.

Absolute joker!

Course is ok, fairways burnt out / dry.

The Worst Course in Essex

We had booked online for 2 players to play at the course as we hadn't played it for a number of years. On arrival we said we had paid and that we were a 2 ball for our time. The person in the shop went no you are with the two on the putting green even though we had booked for 2. We were fine with that and said okay can we have a scorecard then to track our score, to which they replied, no we have run out just use your watch or something which was extremely rude the way he said that. Anyway we went out and started playing the course which you could hardly ever tell where the fairway and the rough started, the only decent parts were the greens which were in good condition. At 8:15 and on the 17th green a lady drove up behind us in a buggy and said course is closed you need to get off now, which we were surprised about as it was still fine and we had paid our money for 18 holes. She said no course is closed I am shutting you in and shutting the gate if you don't get off now. We asked if we could just play the last to which she answered no the course is shut at 8 it says it on the website maybe you should check it (we have checked and it says till dusk). What happened was she had enough and wanted to go home as we were the last people on the course. This is a course I will never play again, there are many other courses around which are far better quality and this is a waste of money. You couldn't pay me to play here again.

Very disappointed

The fairways are bare and rock hard so the course plays short, the greens are full of air holes and sand when your ball lands you get a puff of it. Putts always short. Finally the directions from each hole are poor. We tees up on the 11th played our drives to then find out we were playing the 18th, we kept walking to the car park, won’t be going back

Early evening closure

Disappointed the app excepted my booking for a 4.50 tee time. To be told by course that they close gates at 8pm.
No communication and staff on course have a serious lack of customer service.

Course has some nice holes But fairways poor.

Wouldn't ever go back again

Looks like no one cares to look after this golf course

Has potential but it looks like no one cares to look after it

Great value at Mardyke Valley

Interesting course in good condition, especially the greens.
Winter tees, so course quite short.
Will play again in the spring, I think will be a good test off the back tees.

Nice little course

Course not to bad second cut hard to find golf balls because of all the Daisy’s need to take yellow or pink golf balls so easier to find ,small greens that needed to be watered
Some route marches between greens
No to much details on where the next greens were signage could be a lot better
The breakfast was not to exciting quite bland but coffee was good
But all said and done you get in life what you pay for.

Lovely course plenty of challenges

Nice mixture of holes from long par 4s to tricky par 3s. Narrow and a real test to keep ball in play. 17th brilliant hole over water. Will be coming back in summer to play off summer tees.

Anonymous

Lovely pay & play

This is one of the better pay & play courses I've played on. The greens were in fantastic condition and the rest of the course well kept.
Watch out for the prices however, as I ended up paying more on here than I would have done at the course direct.
This is due to the scaled pricing depending on what time you play. Caught me out as their website only gives one price.

Don't Under-rate this Course!

This is a local course which I've therefore passed a number of times but never played. What a great surprise! Despite a reasonable amount of pay and play golfing traffic the greens were excellent. Receptive, putting true and a decent speed. There are some real gems on this course - especially the 5th sweeping par 5 and the 17th par 4 over a pond.
Give this course a go - you'll not find it a push-over or a disappointment!

Great value for money with some challenging holes.

VALUE!

Good value and great staff,course layout good,but pace of play was slow but that can't be helped

South Ockendon, Thurrock