Learn more about becoming a member at
Hollins Hall Hotel & Country Club

Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Year Built 1999
Architect Ross McMurray (1999)

Carts Yes - GBP 35

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Single Allowed Yes

Restaurant

Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Available Sports

Fitness

Horrendous proshop service

Ive marked cours quality basee on a previous visit... as this story unfolds below

booked through golf now to play the last day before lockdown2,
checked website for hollins hall and golfnow.. no restrictions showing on either so great.. we play here every year around winter as it holds up so well. or so i thought...

we rock up to pro shop to check in with our trolleys and bags (winter wheels in check) to then be abruptly told we cannt play as its carry only, when i questioned at the proshop or recpetion area now, why the sites havent been updated they couldnt care less saying its not there job???

we noticed their course board also nothing on saying carry only, but ironically said buggies are ok paths only (without counting must have been 10+ parked up) so i offered to rent one, this was refused as all booked out? questionable given time we were teeing off and light. but they wouldnt even let us take us trolleys using paths and 90 degree rule his reply we wouldnt trust you to keep to paths...

i love the course at HH but with this service i will question coming back again...

ps golfnow very helpful refund given, and another local course let us on with trolleys

Midweek Bliss

The only negative is that we did not hire a buggy and believe me by the time you have walked the steep path from the car park to the first tee you feel shattered
The course itself was perfect the greens were really good despite the autumn conditions. We had no one behind us so the pace of play was not rushed
Will definitely play this course again and despite the pandemic restrictions the bar was open and staff very friendly

Overbooked

Never seen a course so busy and never seen so many people walk off a course. Overbooked to start with and some disgusting etiquette up ahead caused 5 groups waiting on one tee at time’s. A bit of a shambles really completing a round in 5 and a half hours. It was dark by the time we were done. Review would have been a lot better if it wasn’t that. Good challenge and the greens are very tricky

Great course take your driver !!!!!

Lovely course there’s some long holes beautiful fairways looking forward to another visit next summer

hollins hall trek

staff very understanding since i turned up 2 hours late there was not many golfers so was able to play despite my tardiness. this course not to tackled without a buggy which would make a much more pleasant experience

Fab course

Bit of a mission to get to hole one, but great course..

Beast of a Course

played in 35 degree temp Sunshine. Absolute Beast of a course very hilly, Suggest a buggy if you have health issues. Awesome workout. Golf Brilliant, Hotel a bit dated but very nice. Staff a bit miserable, except young lady behind bar in golf club. Worth the money.

Great course, wonderful setting!

Really great course but very hilly! A buggy is an essential!

Top notch layout and nice greens

First time on this coarse . Enjoyed the layout and the greens. Easy on the eye. If I lived closer would definitely become a member. My 5 handicap would probably go up. As it is slightly harder than my own coarse. Would recommend this to the avid golfer

Hollins hall

Had to wait on every tee not once did the 4 ball in front wave a 2 ball through

Poor Course Condition

Booked through golf now but on arrival told no trollies but you can hire a buggy sticking to paths, was told course improved alot recently but been wet due to weather.
To be honest the course fairways were shocking losing balls in deep mud on most, I asked who to complain to but told complain to golf now, needs to be more course conditions on this site, I wouldnt have paid £10 for this experience.

The slowest round of golf ever

It rained an awful lot yesterday and, considering, the course was in relatively good condition. Well, 15 holes were because that's all we played.

In their wisdom, Hollins Hall decided to book in 5 four-balls before our 1.10pm booking in 6 minute slots and, as a result, the pace of play was the slowest I have ever experienced. My golf partner and I were waiting on average 10 minutes at each tee and there was very little we could do.

To make matters worse, Hollins Hall allowed the four-balls to hire buggies despite buggies not being allowed off the paths. This contributed to the pace of play as the group in front of us were going backwards and forth from the path to their balls. There was a complete lack of urgency from the group in front and nobody marshalling.

Unfortunately, we were forced to walk off after 15 holes due to bad light. Albeit the clocks have altered, we felt 4 hours was more than sufficient time to play 18 holes. Very, very disappointed.

I complained at the end of the round. A young girl apologised and told me I would receive a phone call from a manager - one I am still waiting for.

Very wet course

This is a beautiful course with very interesting and difficult holes but due to the recent rain the course was very soggy and balls plugged virtually after every shot . We had to hire a buggy at an additional £17 as no trolleys were allowed on the course . You could only drive the buggy on the course path so you had to guess what club to use if the ball landed away from the path which invariably it did . The greens were undulating so. Nit easy to put but we’re a good test
I would play again but only when the course is dry

First game for 3 months

Great day with my son and daughters partner Enjoyed it very much Could have done with a lift to the first tee though ( only have one working lung) Greens and course in great condition

Feel the burn!

Living in the area I knew about Hollins Hall, years ago my father got married there and I can never forget it as the resort is simply stunning! (But I’m not here to talk about that)

If I summed this course up, the only problem I had with it is walking to the first hole, it’s a steep 70 degree climb for a good 300M (ish), without a buggy it was rough - however when at the top I remembered why I wanted to play here.

The course is divine, absolutely gorgeous, and well layed out, a lot of very fun holes to play as the 1st and the 14th are drivable in the right conditions (and the right power), I was greeted at the 14th by a local who challenged me to drive it as if you hit it hard enough it will go just over the trees, get caught in the rough and roll onto the green (took me 3 attempts). The 9th hole is a very different hole and I loved it, anyone who has played there will never forget it on a sunny day.

The course conditions were perfect, fairway was short, rough was longer but well cut and the greens were very green and fast, I was honestly amazed.

If you like scenery there is no shortage of that, the first 7 holes are on top of the hill and you are able to see into the valley.

Hire a Buggy

Really enjoyed this course today, particularly as the weather was perfect. Greens ran true and some holes are really quite spectacular, particularly the 15th I believe which sits under the train bridge.
This was our first play of the year and after 18 holes lugging our clubs we were exhausted. Next time we would hire a buggy as some of the latter holes are quite hilly.
Love the convenience of the Golf Now App, this is my go to medium for all my future rounds. Just amazingly convenient.

Great Greens

Played here for the first time today. Paid £17 on Golf Now. For the money I didnt expect it to be great. These were some of the best greens I’ve played in a long time, true and really fast. Had the course to myself. If is a bit of a long and hilly walk, but would definately reccomend!

Guiseley, City of Leeds