Maxstoke Park Golf Club

White 71 6418 yards
Yellow 71 6193 yards
Red (W) 71 5663 yards
Scorecard for Maxstoke Park Golf Club
White M: 69.7/119 382 161 431 366 288 357 478 472 199 3134 371 442 371 400 313 350 165 447 417 3276 6410
Yellow M: 69.0/115 376 157 372 351 279 350 487 465 194 3031 366 435 362 397 308 329 160 405 409 3171 6202
Red W: 69.2/117 372 152 319 340 272 124 455 455 141 2630 335 389 329 393 302 322 137 360 392 2959 5589

Year Built 1948
Architect Hawtree Ltd

Pleanty of Trees

Nice course with very good greens, unfortunately the hot dry summer had taken its toll on the fairways and they were in very poor conditions.

Excellent

Played here a few times. Everything about the place is excellent . Greens for the time of year in great condition. Tee boxes good. Bunkers good do with a little more sand. Everybody freindly would recommend to anybody who is in the area and would like a game

Excellent

5th time of playing . Great layout. Greens excellent. But fairways a bit baran due to the hot weather. Worth ever penny and will visit again. Friendly people asking questions while playing. Would recommened

Great layout and challenging holes

we had a great day out at Maxstoke Park. The price we paid was superb value for money, the tee boxes and greens were in A1 condition despite the lack of rain. The members we bumped in to along the way were really friendly and I would certainly recommend a day out here its a little gem and something for all along the way regardless of handicap. The course is not long but requires a lot of course management which is good its not a case of reaching for the driver on every par 4 or 5 at all which makes it a fair test for all ages and levels. Only one or two points a) The person in the pro shop makes Basil Fawlty look like customer services manager of the year and b) until a very friendly member pointed out that they had a "ball in the shoot" which actually determines your tee time rather than the actual time you book( if your saying eh? at this point so were we) then ask the pro shop man when you turn up I,m sure he will be very happy to explain but then agin probably not as he clearly decided not to mention this rather important "small detail to us". Don't let my comments on the "welcome" put you off it really is a great course with great members, 9/10 overall

Maxstoke

Considering the dry weather spell we have had the course generally is in great condition. Fairways dry fast and running. Greens well kept and responsive.

Beware

Booked on tee off times arrived at course and members comp on my tee time was 3:10 and last members out were 3:30 not allowed to tee off before them. Waited for a while then decided after speaking to pro shop not to play as round would probably take upwards of 4:30 to 5hrs to get round.i think tee off times have a responsibility to check before we book as I for one would book some where else to save the hassle. The pro shop were extremely helpful and obliging and an arrangement was made that suited all.

Immaculate course

Superb value. Excellent course. Brilliant greens. And I’m a member at nuneaton.

great course in a beautiful setting

The course was in great condition and in a really nice setting . A great day on the course was made even better by the friendliness of the members whilst we enjoyed a drink on the terrace afterwards.

if you do go in warm weather remember to wear socks in the clubhouse as maxstoke havent relaxed there dress code to allow sandals with out as many courses have.

thanks and well done all at maxstoke for great day

,we will be back soon.

A hidden gem

I have played Maxstoke before and enjoyed the course, this time confirmed my first impressions. A truly superb test for any calibre of golfer, the course was in superb condition. I would have no doubt I will be playing here again and hopefully soon, stands out among one of the best courses in the West Midlands.

Very Picturesque course

Great course in really good condition. Not the longest course but narrow fairways, a good scattering of bunkers and water makes it a good test of golf.

Really friendly atmosphere, after we finished had a good chat with a few members who were keen to see how we enjoyed the course.

Would highly recommend !

First round of the year

Taking into account the recent weather the course was in excellent condition for the time of year.

We played as a fourball and let three 2 balls through during our round . Which is a harsh reason to give only 4 stars for the pace of play. We were never held up apart from this.

Enjoyed a could of jars on the bar afterwards.

Overall excellent

Unhelpful staff

I called the club prior to booking as I was having trouble logging into my account and asked if the club was busy to which I was told no it's dead, however when I arrived there were 5 4 balls in forntt of me trust really spoiled my day as I had to hop around to different holes the members gave me a load of grief which could have been avoided if thenstuck up his own backside pro had told me the truth

Worth a game

Golf course is not the longest but has a good layout and is quite a tight driving course. Greens where in great condition along with fairways. Bunkers where rock solid under the initial layer and almost unplayable something I see more and more on a lot of golf courses these days.

Bacon roll was good and pint was decent. Didn't think much of the bar maids comment about my Glaswegian accent. "Can you say that again I don't speak foreign languages".

Maxstoke

This course was in amazing condition considering the weather I really enjoyed the layout of the course but play was slow and I found the club pro very unwelcoming which was a shame as I may have been interested in joining g the club as I am currently looking at finding somewhere to play regularly

Ladybirds!!

We played this coarse will great anticipation as we had been told great reviews.

At arrival we in the pro shop all great buggy left out perfect.

The coarse was in great condition greens and fairways top notch.

By about the 6-hole we were enjoying the day, then we started to have a few ladybirds fly around annoying us.

By the next hole it was like and infestation there were holes where it was impossible to tee off or play a shot !!!.

At the end of the round we returned the buggy to the pro shop and told the gent that it was near impossible to play the back 9. Only for him to shrug his shoulders with no attempt to amend the situation.

This must have been a freak occurrence but the response was disappointing and didn't encourage us to return.

Fantastic course

Played the course on the 16th September 2016

It's a hidden gem fantastic course from start to finish you really have to think your way round

All staff were friendly and course is in fantastic condition

We will definitely be returning

Lea Marston, North Warwickshire