Type Private
Rating N/A
Nelson Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1917
Architect Alister MacKenzie (1917)

Golf Simulator Yes

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Worth a visit

Excellent course in great condition, even after heavy rain. Good value for money and we’ll be visiting again next year

Enjoyable course

Definitely recommend.

Considering all of the rain, course in great condition. Greens excellent and fast for this time of year

lovely course greens were good and fast lovely lush fairways .course not overlong and not narrow but challenging due to lots of bunkers and rough grassy mounds overall a lovely interesting course

Scenic

This course is a must for anybody playing in the area we travelled 30 miles and was well worth it.the layout of course was excellent with a nice variety of holes.views from everywhere were exceptional.greens and fairways were a credit to the staff..finished off with a beer outside the clubhouse which had friendly staff and members.value for money was 10/10.

One of the best around Lancashire

Such a lovely course, full of interesting and different challenges on each hole along with fantastic views. Very COVID compliant throughout too.

Great value

Excellent course and layout. The greens are superb and are a proper test. Strongly recommend you play this course.

Like scenic? then this is for you.

Excellent course in perfect condition (could be difficult if windy - exposed!).
Lovely par 3s well protected by bunkers, a joy to play!

Nice par 3s

Difficult to judge the quality of the course as it was October and we had a lot of rain last few days. Greens were very good for the time of year and the tee boxes were decent along with the fairways. The layout of the course is difficult to navigate and we got lost a few times. We even played the wrong hole and had to go back. This was due to lack of signs directing and also no hole number or details on the tee box of what hole your playing. Not sure if there in the process of updating the hole signage because it was just painted black. A simple hole number sticker would do for now so you know of your on the wrong hole. Would play the course again in the summer. Price was £23 which was is a bit expensive in my opinion compared to some of the deals out there on golf now and in the local area.

Excellent

Very good round, great greens and fairway conditions

members

Played here a number of times this years, and every time the club members are difficult. I usually play on my own or with one other, the pace of play from the members and today “the club captain” is very frustrating. I understand they pay there membership fees and have just as much right to be there as anyone, but they are always very quick to knit pick with non members but they don’t follow there own club rules,
The course is brilliant just a word of warning members four balls will not allow you to pass but will ask you to move off the tee if there is queuing on any tee as they are members or “club captain”

A good test

Nelson is always fun to play, usually in good condition with friendly staff and good members.
Somewhere to go for a nice day out.

Enjoyable round of golf, spoiled by slow play - again. Appreciate it may have been a competition, but even those in the competition were being held up for about 6 or 7 holes! Experienced this last time I visited, needs addressing. Fairways suffering due to weather, but greens in very good condition.

Decent compact course, warm welcome, unpleasant members.

What a day it was- beautiful weather, and a warm welcome in the clubhouse.

Playing alone, I was quickly at the tail of a three ball, who explained they were being held up by a slow four ball. After the sixth hole, thee three lost patience and cut to another part of the course. It was thus that I was no standing around in blazing sunshine frequently waiting ten minutes to play a shot. With this time to kill, I decided to ‘play against myself by keeping the score of two competing balls.

At the ninth green, my caddie went to the toilet, while I holed out and found some shade from the blazing heat of the day. It was probably the better part of ten minutes between playing into the green and walking to the tenth tee, so teed off, a rather long drive disappeared beyond the guidestick. Having no desire to catch the sloths in front I decided to have another go. 9 holes behind this group had taken me 2 hours 20 minutes- I wonder what their round time was.

Having walked to my ball i discover the group in front had still not reached the green. At the next tee, they had not really begun to tee off before I arrived, and one of the rudest people- no- the rudest person I have ever encountered on a golf course informed me that I had nearly hit him. I apologised- obviously, as there was no one in sight and certainly not intended. Nevertheless he continued berating me until his own party pointed out that that was enough or perhaps he might like to go play the hole.

A few holes later I was accosted by a second Curt member who pointed out my shirt was untucked (can’t argue with club rules), and that practise was not allowed. I pointed out that I had now been stuck for quite some time (I generally get round in 2h30) and was frustrated that the group in front has shown no awareness as to etiquette. He suggested I speak to them myself. Rather unhelpfully, when I have been stood at the same tee as the glacial golfers.

All in a sad day as I’ve enjoyed visits to Nelson before including the pro shop welcome, and my caddie was shaken by the confrontations.

Lovely course.Not too hard for higher handicappers but wind can be a factor as mostly exposed uplands.Limited catering Monday lunchtimes.Excellent value for money.Limited signage but doesnt really need it as next tee usually obvious and close by.Good walking course ,mostly flat.Greens lovely condition and fast as windswept.

Nelson Golf Course

This course is quite high up and I would imagine if it gets windy would be difficulty to play, luckily it was not that windy when we played. The course in general is very flat apart from the odd hole, the par 5’s are short and there are a few par 3’s. The ground was rock hard when we went so the ball ran for miles which helps and the greens were lightning fast. The atmosphere was good and everybody was friendly, the group behind us had come from the lakes to play. We played on a Friday at 11oclock which was a good time as after that it started getting busy. Would not hesitate to play here again and the price was very good on Teeofftimes, I recommend you give it a go it’s worth the effort.

Very Enjoyable

Very Enjoyable course, great conditions, nice interesting holes. Not the longest course out there..Very generous par 5s. Tee beds very close to greens though and lots of public pathways and right of ways. Still didn't spoil the round. Would highly recommend. Defiantly be back.

Sunshine over Pendle.

Delightful course in great condition. interesting holes and great views over East Lancashire. Highly recommended.

Nelson, Pendle