New Forest Golf Club

Year Built 1888

New forest golf course.

Good course and not too difficult. Can be wet and soggy in the winter. There are a lot of ponies wandering around but they are not usually a nuisance.

Course in poor condition

Played here last winter and was eager to return. However, we were very disappointed. The greens were in desperate need to a cut and some general maintenance which is ironic considering course maintenance had just finished. Hoof marks all over the greens from cows and horses which I understand they can’t control. Very few signs to direct players to the next tee and bushes often block the view to the flags on some holes. However, the staff were very friendly and welcoming and the layout of the course is interesting, particularly the front 9. Back 9 is a tad boring. Needs some investment to improve course conditions

Naturally Rustic

Nice course very rustic not the manicured type but fun to play!

Didn’t play

Didn’t play even though we paid the green fee. Our tee time was 1436 right after an all day gents invitation which was not mentioned at the booking stage The course was mobbed and we would have been behind 50 x 4 balls. We decided to cut our losses and play another course for which we got an
earlier tee time and much closer to home.

A Very Enjoyable Round Of Golf

Very much enjoyed my round here. Received a friendly welcome when checking in and encountered very friendly members during my round who all observed course etiquette, insisting on waving me through when there was a gap in play ahead of them. Look forward to playing here again.

Thoroughly Enjoyable

Really enjoyed this course. Very friendly and welcoming. A good and fair test in a lovely setting. I will definitely be looking forward to playing here again. I definitely recommend playing here to anyone getting the chance to play this course

Always a great day's golf

The only criticism to be made would be my golf play being below my best, otherwise a faultless round on this beautiful Spring day.

Spacious course

Interesting mix of par 5's, 4's and 3's. Plenty of space to open the shoulders.

Short golf break

Had a great day at New Forest Golf Club. The staff and members were very friendly and seemed genuinely pleased we had chosen to play at their club. The course was in pretty good condition considering the long , hot summer we had. Ponies wandering about made it interesting, but fun. Will definitely be back

I really enjoyed golfing at this course.. Great open New Forrest fairways.. Horses and cows dodging my drives and fairway shots...
It was too bad that the fairways had dried out due to heat and lack of rain. The greens were in good shape...
I highly recommend playing there and I will certainly return.

Lovely course, different from the norm

Loverly place, great pro shop, decent track and fairly unique scenery and wildlife

Good challenge with scoreable holes coupled with a good mixture of layouts.

Would recommend no problem

Good friendly course to play

Went with a couple of friends and had a great time.
What you have to understand is that it is in the forest where New Forest horses are free to roam around so at times they can get in the way.
The greens are in good condition but there are 1 or 2 holes where the direction from the green to the next hole is poor and not well sign posted.
They also do not have any buggies so if you find distances difficult then it may not be for you.
The terrain is generally flat with very little inclines.

A tranquil round

A lovely location amongst the ponies and cows, and very peaceful too. As for the golf, it was a very enjoyable experience.

A quirky and enjoyable experience

The New Forest club is a quirky golf experience but was certainly enjoyable. On the day we played, it had been raining constantly for 24 hours so it was very wet under foot and there were rain showers throughout. This contributed to very slow greens but I would imagine when dry and cut, they would roll nicely. The course layout is very interesting with some very attractive par 3s (a couple are very long), some very short par 4s but some long ones too and 4 very playable par 5s. It's not a hard course and will play short when dry but the green complexes are tricky. The quirk comes from the largely absent rough and the uncut fairways. You prefer lies all year which means you can always play from a decent lie. Wild ponies and cows roam the course and there is a lot of manure spread around. It is part of the character of the course so don't expect pristine fairways. at £23 a round, it is good value for money for a fun round of golf.

New Forest Golf Club

Three of us played this course for the first time. I found it a great course to play and played it well, but my two companions found it more difficult and didn't take to it.

I loved the wildlife on the course and the fact the course fairway was natural and cut by the wildlife as opposed to mowed, but my buddies weren't huge fans. They prefer a fairway and a distinct rough, whereas I really loved this course layout. The layout was good and it made finding the balls very simple. We only lost one ball between us all. There were some great holes but some very tough long par 3s & 4s which made getting a decent score a challenge.

The greens were well kept, in fact they were really nice. The rules of being able to re-place balls was good for if your ball landed in a natural crevace. The bar was really nice and a fair price. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Would definitely recommend, I thought it was a lovely course and made a great change to standard golf play. So picturesque and a really nice course. Personal preference obviously plays a part and also dependent on how you play but I really enjoyed it here. Although my friends didn't like it as much as I did, they both enjoyed it and had a good round.

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.