White 69 6141 yards
Yellow 69 5708 yards
Red (W) 73 5364 yards
Scorecard for Newquay Golf Club
Blue M: 67.7/115 358 206 342 398 396 367 208 533 143 2951 339 327 383 434 182 509 135 417 464 3190 6141
Yellow M: 66.2/111 344 186 331 373 366 349 160 496 116 2721 320 307 365 418 177 484 122 401 398 2992 5713
Red W: 64.1/107 336 199 312 361 348 312 133 467 102 2570 299 295 340 398 175 454 107 378 348 2794 5364

Year Built 1890
Architect H. S. Colt

Lovely compact course

Lovely compact course played in a howling gale = too good for me! Mind you, when the ball was oscillating on the fairways at times most would struggle. The course was in really good condition and has some great bunkers. The greens ran true. I read some of the complaints about signage but the club pro gave a great top tip of generally looking long and left for tee boxes and I had no problems finding my way around. All in all would definitely recommend and I will return.

This is an acceptable seaside course for holiday visitors. The staff were most helpful. Unfortunately the pace of play was unacceptable - this is killing golf today. It was great to start and we had played 7 holes in 75 minutes - the next 9 holes took 135 minutes and we gave up after 16 holes.

Newquay golf club

The course was in good condition the weather was fantastic and we all played good golf also the view of the sea was fantastic

The view of the sea was fantastic

On Monday 09/04/18 I played Newquay golf club with my nephews the weather was fantastic and the course was great fairways and greens considering the weather they have had well done to the green keepers

NO CHANGE HERE

Although I'm local and had played this course only once before 8 years ago, I'd purposely avoided playing again here because the directional signage around the course was practically non-existent (so bad we once played to the wrong tee) but when I mentioned it in the Pro Shop after the round he couldn't have cared less and said 'people keep saying that', also adding that the signage would be re-vamped 'soon'. It was only that when a deal came up on Teeofftimes recently that a mate and I decided to play again. Sadly, no change. I mentioned the previous lack of signage in the Pro Shop BEFORE I played this time, and was told 'if you get lost, ask somebody'. Brilliant!! (assuming there are people close enough to ask at the time). The good news is that all they need to do is spend a couple of hundred quid on signs just to make it easier for visitors, and perhaps even go further by actually having score cards with a course map!. To be fair, the course was in good condition in most places but unfortunately the overall experience was pretty poor in comparison with other nearby courses. The weather was better but that was about it!.

Lovely day

Excellent example of a links golf course! We had good weather! Lad in the pro shop was a total gent! Course played well and is a challenge. Few blind holes but I think if the course was played for a second time you could take a few shots off the score. You will not get better views anywhere else!!!! FACT!

Poorly kept, over-prived and overall a pretty boring course

It was not a very enjoyable course to play - whether that was because we'd had a good drink the night before or because it was slightly windy, but probably because it just isn't a very good course . There were some challenging holes but the full course needs some maintenance - greens and fairways aren't very good at all. We found it a very monotenous course and wouldn't return. Very expensive for what it is.

Great Course, would recommend

I play this course every year and it is always in great condition.

Good layout and would challenge even the better golfers, especially if it's a windy day.

My only criticism is that I was told when I turned up that the Senior Ladies Presidents day was out in front. I caught up with them by the 3rd hole and had to wait on every hole until they finished on the 11th.

Maybe courses could share their competition dates with tee off times and this be passed onto customers?

Didn't ruin my round though.

Great course with lovely views

The course is in lovely condition, with some gorgeous views. However as strangers to the area, the experience would be enhanced with a map of the course on the card as some holes are very hard to know where to play to next. It would also have been good to have had a meal in the clubhouse when we finished -8pm, but the kitchen was closed, very disappointing.

The course has a great view of fistal beach

The course was great the weather was fantastic couldn't ask for more and we played well

Course was in great condition and we were well looked after. Although not the longest we always enjoy playing here when in Cornwall.

Good days golf

This course is not long but the greens are testing making this an enjoyable links to be enjoyed by all levels.

I would imagine the wind could really make it tough out there

All in all very enjoyable

Thoroughly enjoyable time Newquay GC

Arrived to have a single round, however a wrong of members were on there way out and subsequently invited me to join them, fantastic bunch who made my day thoroughly enjoyable.

Winter round at Newquay GC

Awesome sunday morning at Newquay Golf Club. The condition of the course was unbelievable for the time of year, and far better than local courses in the midlands. The Greens were like carpets, fast and ran true throughout

Luckily enough the sun was out which made the views over Fistral beach all the more enjoyable. Wouldnt think twice about booking another round at Newquay!

The weather makes the course difficult!

Not a long course, also not that difficult with two exceptions. 1) Blind Shots and 2) Wind

Course in very good condition, first out at 0748 so pace not an issue.

Greens were exceptionally well kept, as I mentioned above, it's the weather that plays havoc. 22 mph winds and after four holes reverted to irons off the tee. At that point the wind and blind shot issues became less and a very enjoyable round.

Newquay Golf Club

Booked Newquay Golf Club the day before play. Links course with beautiful views of the ocean from every hole. Showed up not knowing golf shoes were a must...the Pro, Chris, lent us his golf shoes! That's service above and beyond. We had a good time. Pay attention to aiming points from the tee box as some greens are blind. We found our way around with just some mild confusion here and there. A must play for any golfer visiting Newquay.

Mawgon Porth, Mawgan-in-Pydar