Type Private

Year Built 1895

Carts Yes - GBP 14 - GBP 20

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes preffered

Loved it

Not the warmest of welcomes and left standing in pro shop for a few minutes.

But from the first tee onwards...... wow

Great holes using the landscape to create challenges.
Great condition
Pace of play excellent

1st course I would seriously consider joining

Will be back

Slow play

This course is excellent but I was stuck behind a very slow 4-ball who wouldn’t let me through even though I was playing alone. They sped up when I caught up to them and slowed down after each tee. The course was great and the guy in the pro shop was very helpful and friendly. Condition wise the course is being carefully managed and is very well looked after and the greens are fantastic for the time of year. Not quite sure why it’s so expensive to play but I’d definitely play there again but my tightwad mates wouldn’t pay that money.

Need Another Round

I played this course for the first time just recently after hearing so much about it hoping to be blown away by it. Blown away I wasn't but it was a pleasant enough knock with the course ticking all the right boxes to a high enough standard, just not exceptional. I had managed to find a hard to refuse price on one of the apps so me and a pal went along.

Probably not the greatest of starts as the pair in front of us walked over the brow of a hill and out of sight on the first so we gave them a minute and then we played with my partner taking a driver only to be met a few seconds after his drive by a rather irate player ascending the brow raising his hands at us. Sorry. I gave it a further 2 mins before hitting a 2 iron up the centre. We followed up only to be met by the pair in front just over the brow looking for a ball. My 2 iron was only a number of yards away from where the other player was standing. Sorry (again). The 2 dropped down a steep hill and rang a warning bell even though at this point we were only yards away. Point taken. But nowhere had we seen on the opening tee a 'wait for bell' sign and if there was it wasn't obvious. Also the 4 ball behind us was on the brow of the hill before we had rung the bell so had both groups missed it or is there a sign even there? Whatever, it's clearly not obvious enough!

Anyway, the round was underway and it was clear the track was going to be undulating but the greens were very well manicured right from the word go. I'm presuming the greens will be fast in summer, but I'm also hazarding a guess the course could be a bit boggy in winter esp between holes 2 & 3 and with that many hills. We shall see.

The middle holes were all pleasant enough with a couple more bells for blind drives here and there but some nice holes generally with not too much danger out there really. To be in real trouble here it would have to be a particularly bad shot deserving of a bogey or double. If you want to be in real trouble, you would have to work for it.

The highlight to the course for me was the closing 4 holes with a nice long 15, picturesque 16 over a lake, simple 17 and handsome 18, back over the same lake as 16, with the clubhouse looking on.

All in all, pleasant enough, ticked all the boxes and an enjoyable round. I will certainly play it again but at the reduced rates from the apps as I don't think it can justify its summer green fees from my first impression.

Round: 76 Handicap: 3

Church Brampton, Daventry
Overstone, Daventry

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.