2.2
1 reviews

Style Parkland/Links
Northwood Golf Club

Year Built 1891
Architect Tom Dunn (1901)

Single Allowed No

2.2

Members ruined the game

On the 1st March I decided to treat myself to a round of golf at Northwood as I had heard it was a really good golf course around the area. I got stuck behind a 3 ball who wouldn’t allow me to play through for the first 9 holes, they then walked off after 9 and I got stuck behind 5-6 groups of 4 balls who was teeing off from the 10th to start their round who also wouldn’t allow me to play through. When I asked to play through they then said that they would have to wait for me to take my shot, I was just on my own. I was enjoying the golf course although having to wait 5-10 minutes to take every single shot starts taking its toll after a while and I only managed to play 11 holes in the end, considering this course is nearly £50 I was disappointed that I didn’t manage to get round and all because the members were inconsiderate. I can’t say that I would like to come back and play the course again as I feel the members who are there will ruin it for me again

Nice course but...

A couple of issues spoiled an otherwise good round of golf.
A phone call to the course indicated the best possible price was £48 for a Friday tee-time - I looked on teeofftimes to find that £30 was the price all morning ! I think the club attempting to make an extra £48 on a three-ball should think carefully about there welcome to visitors.
Anyway its an interesting course with well tended greens & well worth the £30 green fee.

Plays Once a year

True championship course

Played this course many years ago and was impressed. It has actually improved.

Golf with a twist

Very interesting course surrounded by Public courses, not the average parkland course with very testing holes requiring distance control over power, guessing that need to play course more than once for a good score. Lovely greens and fairways playing quite fast. Top notch for bunkers.

In summary, excellent golf layout what not to like about it! However negative points on tee system, not really sure how they allow people to tee off either from 1st or 10th without checking what is behind, very frustrating to find yourself being held by people that just started the round. Also don't ask my why but people does not seem to be particularly friendly, just a strange vibe around course and bar area that did not make me feel 100% welcome.

Northwood, Hillingdon