Style Parkland
Ormonde Fields Golf Club

Year Built 1906

Enjoyable course to play

Our first time will not be our last, Now we understand the layout better then both of us should be able to reduce our first score.

Monthly golf away day

First time we have played here, helpful staff and friendly welcome from member's, she quite tricky holes dependant on pin positions. recent wet weather made greens fairly slow with drying they will no doubt speed up, some fairways have low tufty grass preventing the run of the ball finer cut would improve run on the other hand would also increase grip on some of the hilly holes where grip is more important. on the whole good all-round test with interesting course layout.

Great course. A surprising little hidden gem in Derbyshire.

Fantastic value for money & in great condition for the time of year

I’m not normally one for writing reviews but I played at Ormonde Fields yesterday and I felt that I had to share my experience. The course was in fantastic condition considering the time of year, the greens were great and it is a brilliant test of your game! The staff are all very friendly and the overall environment is first class. This is the third course that I have played for the first time in the area in the last week l and this was by far my favourite!

Very enjoyable

Played Ormonde Fields with family & friends when visiting the area recently. This was the final course of the 3 we played during our stay and did not disappoint. The course was is very good condition, greens were good and the layout keeps your interest. Several blind shots can add a shot or two to your round on your first visit. Overall a really enjoyable experience.

Ormonde Fields

I have only played this course once before many years ago but it didn’t disappoint. Green and fairways all in really good condition. Interesting course and although we were held up a bit as there was a competition on, everyone we spoke to was really friendly . Will definitely be returning.

Enjoyable afternoon

Played the course for the first time and enjoyed every minute. Was surprised how wet the ground still is but that’s the weathers fault not the green staff.They had been busy cutting and have got the course looking great. Will definitely play it again once the green can be cut a few more times and are faster overall spot on

Very Boggy

We unfortunately visited the course after a day of rain and the course just doesn’t cope well with rain. Puddles of water all over the course and deep in places. The course could really do with a drainage system installing. I think the staff could also be friendly and could have advised us before playing that the course was wet in places but they don’t seem interested in visitors booking through Golf Now!!

It will be a while before we return and advise others to watch out for the rain before you go as it will spoil your round.

Wasn't worth the Journey

We decided to venture from Sheffield to play a course a little further afield and I saw Ormonde Field advertised. We thought Sunday afternoon would be fairly quiet; not the case. The course was stacked out with players and if you like waiting for 5 minutes before every shot then great however we made the journey and despite the rain we soldiered on and completed the round in 5 hours 15 minutes...!!! The guys in front did apologise, but frankly there was nowhere to go. Anyway Ormonde Fields is a pleasant enough course especially if you like dog legs since nearly every hole is a dog leg... Shaping the ball left to right and right to left is fun and presents a challenge. The course was in decent condition. And my favourite hole was the 17 a challenging par 4. I will not rushing back to play in a hurry...

Fantastic Value For Money

Me and my friend played here 31/07/2017 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The course was in brilliant condition, especially the green which made a refreshing change to what I had been recently playing on.

Overall it was a good day with nice views around the course and to top it off the sun was shining. Strongly recommend.

Course was in excellent condition after the recent weather
Unfortunately a 'five' ball had got together and slowed play down

Nice course, not too long but has plenty of features.

Course held up well despite the rain. Greens in good condition. Even though course is not long it has some challenging holes

Lovely course with varying holes and challenges. Only issue was the greens were a little long and slow, but this could be due to playing Sunday evening in warm weather and maybe a few days since they were cut.

Great course good value at £10.00 after 5:00pm
But don't book through teeofftimes they add 10% "convenience fee" for doing nothing

very wet day

Course very good, but greens often water logged, drainage not good on some of the fairways. Layout of the course good, plenty of doglegs.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020