Style Parkland
Park Wood Golf Club

Year Built 1994

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

Steve

Lovely course which is in great condition. Good test of golf for all with consistent greens. We played from 4pm on a Sunday afternoon and didn't bump into another player, millionaire golf at its finest.

Some good challenges on this course with par 3s over water. Bunkers are not great as they are rock hard so hard to play out around the greens. We had a 07.56 tee off and was nice a quiet so round was at a nice pace

Avoid this golf course.

One of my local golf course and it’s sad to say this is rubbish golf club. The car park/clubhouse are really below average, the whole place is like a building site and has been for s long time, very slow progress and the building that has been house is not up to standard.
The course itself is not maintained to the standards it should be for the green fee your paying, the greens had bear patches and grass is too long, looks like they’ve never changed the sand in the bunkers and the fairways would be classed as rough at moth other clubs. Just the whole place is run down in general even after the building work that’s been done.
Avoid the place, way over priced for this standard of golf course! You’ll be left disappointed!

Work in progress

Improvements to clubhouse and amenities seem to be taking an age. Course was in good condition for February although a bit over zealous with green cutting.

First time playing at the course. Lots of construction going on in the car park and clubhouse. Staff didn’t seem to have a clue about anything. The fella in the pro shop was rude and unfriendly in my opinion. Maybe he was having a bad day. Who knows. But I didn’t like him.
The course was in decent condition considering all the bad weather recently. At least 6 holes had no flags visible. As we got closer to the green we could see them laying on the floor. After talking to happy bollocks in the pro shop this was down to the wind which had blown them out. I find this hard to believe if I’m honest as the flags seemed to be placed perfectly next to the hole with the bottom next to the cup. I’m not one to moan but this being my first time playing the course ruined it for me as a few holes I was playing blind. Overall the course and venue has a lot of potential. I won’t be rushing back

cant believe this course is so quiet

We played at 9.40 and had the course to ourselves again. This course is very good, fair but challenging. I'm not going on about it so I will just say that we have played Park Wood a number of times now and we will be there next week to join up and take advantage of their 15 month for 12
This is genuine if you dont believe me we'll be there weds. same time.

Maurice

dodds

testing course. plays long especially in the wind. greens in ok condition for the time of year.

Club house was being revamped but services were still provided.

A nice course, challenging in the right way

I played this course for the first time recently in May 2019 and was not disappointed. 1st to get the negatives out of the way. The clubhouse is under reconstruction therefore the amenities are limited (e.g putting green under construction). What is completed inside however looks good. Also make sure you approach it from the south of Chestnut Avenue and not north or you’ll have a long slow journey up a very bumpy dirt road to contend with before you play.

The course itself is beautiful and challenging in equal measure. Set in mature Parklands it has great views over the Kent and Surrey countryside. It’s nice and long and we found it in excellent condition and several holes call for a full driver to score well. If you hit wayward shots into the trees there is a reasonable chance of finding your ball as the grass isn’t too thick in the main. On a few occasions however you might find yourself looking for longer than you’d like for slightly errant shots in the 1st cut due to newly cut grass. The greens run pacey and true and are very well-kept. Bunkers are easy to play out, my only gripe being that some could do with a little more sand.

I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I happened to lose my 8 iron somewhere on the back nine and only noticed on the 16th. It was well past 7 pm but a quick call to the pro shop and the chap leant me a buggy to re-trace my steps. It had been found by a very friendly member.

This course is well worth a visit. It is long and you do feel like you’ve had a game by the end of it.

Good challenging course

I’ve not played PW in a while, but will return soon. There’s a lot of development work going on in and around the clubhouse but the course remains challenging. Given the conditions etc, it wasn’t in bad shape at all. Even with the tees being brought forward it’s still a long course that’s a good test for all level of golfer. Looking forward to going back.

dodds

tee's are mats but all in good condition. greens excellent for the time of year. tough track, especially if the wind blows!

You’re not welcome

Arrived at the course at 730 for a 944 tee off and whilst just sorting a few bits out to prepare for a wet round and thinking about breakfast a member of staff came out.
He looked at me and said
You’re not going out are you?
I replied that I went due out until later and obviously the fog was too thick to play yet anyway.
He replied that the course was shut until at least 10am and that the course was closed due to the fog and rain.
He also pointed out that the fact I had paid £12 deposit for my tee time was not his problem and to take it up with golf now.
I asked if it was worth waiting to see if the weather cleared (and hoped to get something to eat!).
He said no. I have never come across someone so rude and uninterested in their business. I was made to feel wholly unwelcome and made the decision to go elsewhere. Luckily my dad was still enroute so we were able to go to Pedham Place in Swanley where they were more than happy to take out money and allow us to play on their course which was in much better condition.
Shame because I love the layout at park wood but as has always been the case the welcome is less than hospitable.
Also can’t work out how to get my £12 deposit back but that’s another story

Great, forgiving course

Great course. Some lovely holes with a nice few challenging ones thrown in. Staff were double moody but that’s not what we came for. Great value and will certainly return.

Nice course - very enjoyable

Played a nice round today - course was in good shape without being too easy.

Greens played well and was very impressed

Obviously there is major building work going on to the clubhouse but every seemed happy to help and very friendly.

Good Value for money

Good challenge and long course. Facilities just being renewed but does not pose problem to the golf.

what a difference a year makes

what a great course, challenging ( mainly length ) and layout is very fair and good variety. Clubhouse having work carried out at the moment but looks like its going to be some place to enjoy a beer after a round.
A lot of money has been spent on drainage and it shows.
Take my word, it's well worth the visit

Big Fairways

Played this course for the first time on Saturday. The clubhouse is having a major extension added to it so lots of building work. The course itself is a great layout with testing par 3s over water but mostly impressed with the size of the fairways, if you go slightly off line with your drive you still have a decent second shot. A bit of a unknown gem of a course.
Definitely be coming back.

Biggin Hill, Bromley