Style Parkland
Patshull Park Hotel Golf & Country Club

Year Built 1979

Played here many times, excellent value for money. Course was in great condition. Really enjoyed my round, though did have a problem with slow play on the back nine. Caught up with a 3 ball twice but didn't let me play through. Nothing worse than standing on the tee for 10-15 minutes when you're playing well, really off putting.

Wouldn't play for at least another month (may/June)

I've played a lot of golf during the winter/spring, no course have had greens in such a poor condition as here. I played the course last year and it was in fantastic condition. Such a shame really, this really put me off the place. Give it another month and the greens and tees might be better...that's if the staff can be bothered to put some effort in. Disappointed!!!

Really nice course

Very well kept course, love playing here all year round.

Frustrating afternoon due to slow play

On arrival had a slight issue as there seemed to be a few groups booked in at same tee time, but got away about 10 minutes late. Within a few holes realised we were going to be in for a long afternoon as started to back up at tees. We were a 2 ball and we had a 2 ball ahead of us and several 2 balls behind. Unfortunately it looked like there were several 4 balls ahead of us and I think at least one of these groups were either low handicappers or had no handicap at all. We were pretty much queueing up on every tee and at least 2 of the groups behind us eventually gave up and left the course. I know this can happen anywhere, but I suspect with this being a hotel golf course you may get a lower standard of non member players with little grasp of golf etiquette. With the club being open to anyone to play the course maybe they could check on the abilities of the players first before letting them go out as a 4 balls when there are others booked in behind? When we eventually reached the 16th tee we saw 6 players around the 18th green. Can't be sure if they had all been playing together, but the way the groups in front of us had been stacking up it wouldn't surprise me. We'd played the course earlier in the year and had managed to get round a lot quicker, so maybe we were just unlucky today.

The course itself offers a reasonable test with a good mix of long and short holes with a number of water hazards on several holes. Course does have a few drainage issues though with several holes particularly boggy around the edge of the greens and some of the fairways were a little heavy considering we were playing in Septermber and not middle of winter. Course is quite open, so you don't get a lot of rough and don't spend too much time looking for your ball when missing the fairways.

Would consider playing again if some of drainage issues are resolved, but would always ring ahead and check what the situation with the groups ahead of you are.

Excellent Course

Good course. Overall fairways and greens are well maintenance. I would recommend it to everyone.

Great value and fantastic course

Myself and my Golf friend teed off yesterday at 5pm for the fantastic value of £15.00 at 5pm. This represented great value. The course itself was a pleasure to play however it was not very forgiving. Lots of hazards to keep things interesting left me having to replenish by ball contingency. 100% we will go back to play and I will certainly recommend this to friends and family. Thank you

Fantastic Course

Loads of parking spaces, Pleasant staff, wonderful course, fantastic views, friendly members, overall a Fantastic day out.

Great scenery

Enjoyed playing the course, especially the 13th teeing of over the lake. is quite tight in places. Only negative is there was a load flys mainly on front 9 as it follows along the lake, but was told isn't normally that bad.

Great value

Course in good condition and very good value for money

Chesterton, Bridgnorth