Pedham Place Golf Centre - Championship Course

White 70 6457 yards
Yellow 70 5947 yards
Red (W) 71 5468 yards
Scorecard for Championship Course
White M: 71.5/119 357 513 178 359 490 178 157 518 313 3063 409 497 396 522 310 448 210 442 160 3394 6457
Yellow M: 68.0/116 338 497 164 314 468 171 132 488 303 2875 382 457 366 500 299 413 200 419 136 3172 6047
Red W: 69.9/117 314 473 153 300 435 152 110 445 267 2649 345 396 311 464 263 373 168 387 112 2819 5468

Year Built 0

Dress code Golfers must wear approriate clothing. Workwear and jogging pants are not appropriate.

Very tricky course, Immaculate Green very fast, lovely play will go back when not so dry

good and only getting better

• great pace of play

• played in scorching heat, yet the greens were just perfect

Avoid peak times if you can

Like most courses around London play on this course can be very slow if you have to visit at peak times (essentially mornings). But this is true of even the most expensive clubs we have.

Good points at Pedham Place are its drainage (on chalk and hence playable almost anytime), its "links" design (if you want trees, don't play Pedham Place), its excellent driving range/practice areas/practice course and its value offerings in the afternoons.

My most recent round was in fine weather and the course was almost recovered from the winter with only a few rutted areas on tracks between holes caused by inconsiderate buggy users. Tees, fairways, rough and greens all in good condition or better.

one of the good rounds

• course was in perfect conditions

• greens were as pure as ever, maybe just a hair firm

• course was quite empty at 3pm, so the pace of play was perfect

• enjoyed it massively!

• pace of play was monumentally slow, and it gets a bit like that most of the time. this is not because of the high numbers number of players going out at the same time, it’s because they have no course etiquette, and i never saw a marshall on the course

• a guy wearing Timberlands, jeans and a leather jacket was playing behind us

• must have played there about 20 times, every single time pro shop staff acts like they were doing me a favour “allowing” me to play there

Good course

I have played this course since it first opened, and it has improved every time I go back there. It's like a in land links not a lot of trees, so wind and bunkers come into play. I look forward to my next visit.

rude staff - rude members- no dress code - slowest round of golf all year

tee time moved from what was booked on teeofftimes without notice - 4.5 hour round on scabby scalped fairways and poor greens - "members rude on first tee - one wearing jeans" staff unapologetic in shop for moving tee time - finished in poor light due to pace of play - not a marshal in sight . we also had 2 ball behind teeing off while we were still on the green on a par 3 - mind you judging by their swings that was the safest place to be. Used to like this course will not go back till they sort themselves out - extremely poor

Packed

Played in November at 12:15 so expected we would get round if it took 4 hours or so. Course was empty for the first 3-4 holes so started quickly (we were 2 in a buggy) but then we hit the brick wall. There were 2 or 3 groups queueing on every tee, and the 2 four balls behind us caught up and were waiting for us in the end. One of the guys queueing in front said he called to pro to try and speed things up but he was nowhere to be seen.

We walked off after 8 holes, it was only 2 hours which is not bad to be fair, but that was 30 minutes for the first 4 and 1 1/2 hours for the next 4. Had we stayed on it would have been a 6 hour round and there's no way we would have finished. We tried to cut ahead and play the last couple of holes but it was jam packed all the way.

In the shop the woman told us that they tell people to allow 5 hours for a round on weekends, but she said she'd ask the pro to give us a call. He rang later that day and said it was perfectly normal, 2 hours for 8 holes was OK (which it is, but he ignored the fact we started quickly) and that he didn't think having a queue of 2-3 groups on each tee was unusual.

There's plenty of good courses in the area and Pedham is neither good enough or cheap enough to put up with a 6 hour round. Fair enough sometimes you have an off day with a big society or something but the pro seemed to think it was business as usual there so thought it would be worth warning others.

Autumn green

Although the rain this October has meant some courses have become tacky or muddy, the chalk under Pedham Place has done its usual job and there is no sign of deteriorating conditions. In fact the rain has given the course a second lease of life, and both fairways and greens are in excellent shape. Add to this the absence of autumn leaves in which to lose a ball (there are no trees in sight) and the post-summer manicuring of the rough, it was a great pleasure to play. I like this course at any time of year but it is now in peak condition.

Nice inland links

Nice tee box. Good fairways very good greens.

Then I played it was dam windy lots of blind tee shots and dog legs too Good nic though. I would recommend to play with a member or take a course planner. I played on my own and didn't know where I was going halve the time.

Fantastic course

I was really impressed by the greens. The fairways are manicured to perfection and the greens are brilliant for putting. Highly recommend

Blind pins and tricky green

First round here and gave us all a challenge. In windy conditions. Many holes blind pins off the tees. Greens are tricky some big slopes in them. Green approach crucial getting on right tier. Range and putting green for warm up. Good facilities. Small bar area for after.

A really excellent course

Reviews have not always been very positive about Pedham Place but we loved it! A lot of blind pins and sharp doglegs require considerable thought and course management , yet the fairways are generous enough to 'give it go' too!

The greens were extremely quick but well manicured and true.

The buggy paths are a little dilapidated but that's a small point.

If this was a private club, it would have a much stronger reputation! Lovely.

We will all return.

Where are the trees?

My first time at this course and was part of a three ball. My first thoughts were "Where are the trees?" The course is very, very open and has so many dog legs to the left. That said, it made me think about my shots and I managed an average round for me. I had trouble in identifying the direction of the pin at times and would have preferred more marker poles than there were. I guess if you play the course a few times that problem would be overcome. The mounds and shapes all seemed to gather into one which was confusing to me. We had a great day and the course was in good condition along with the greens that had obviously just had some work done on them. I found the greens difficult to read but that is not said to the detriment of them, just me. I am looking forward to going back and playing again. I suggest first timers purchase a course guide, even if you have a satnav watch etc. Was value for money.

Valid dates: Nov 08, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018