Penrith Golf Club

White 69 6077 yards
Yellow 69 5837 yards
Red (W) 72 5402 yards
Scorecard for Penrith Golf Club
Black M: 67.7/115 363 315 448 174 475 408 374 362 213 3132 135 332 365 385 155 516 183 397 477 2945 6077
White M: 66.2/111 352 303 436 162 463 396 362 362 201 3037 93 321 353 373 143 495 171 385 433 2767 5804
Red W: 65.1/109 308 276 423 146 433 391 349 285 198 2809 95 317 359 338 127 446 169 330 412 2593 5402

Year Built 1890

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Switch

Lovely Penrith

Played 18 on a quiet Saturday morning in a 2 ball. Soon caught up with a couple of 4 balls who let us play through immediately! Excellent. Made pace of play great on a course which was in good condition with many interesting holes. We followed up in the 19th with some excellent food. Will definitely return!

Fab course

Great course with some amazing holes. Course in immaculate condition for end of October

All round excellent experience

I cannot fault Penrith golf course and their staff as both were fantastic & if I lived nearer I would definitely want to become a full member. The course was in first class condition and had beautiful views throughout with a mix of more straightforward and challenging holes.

I was playing with my grandson & had booked & paid for a day that unfortunately was blighted by very heavy intermittent rain showers. The staff offered to allow us to play as planned, but to return the next day for a full round if the rainy conditions proved too much of a problem. That's exactly what we did and the staff's willingness to help us in this way made their customer service excel way beyond other clubs I've visited. Thank you Penrith golf club & staff for giving me & my 8 year old grandson a golfing experience to remember!

Good course, friendly staff

Great to be greeted so warmly by staff in the club shop dealing with my booking. Cheers it makes a great start to a good round!!!

A Great Day of Golf

I recently had the opportunity to play Penrith Golf Club. I arrived at 9am for a 9:36 tee time and asked to play with a member as I was a single and not familiar with the course. The Pro Shop paired me up with Suzanne, the Ladies Captain and her husband Dave. While waiting on the putting green several other members also kindly offered to play with me.

The course was in excellent condition, especially considering the scorching temperatures and drought conditions. Fairways were hard and fast, greens were in perfect condition and running true. The layout is challenging yet fair requiring a variety of different shots. Dave mentioned how differently the course plays in the winter when the course plays much longer due to the cold and softer conditions. Dave was also a source of many interesting historical facts about the club and its members. Did you know it used to be a race course!?

The views! Well they were incredible. Bring a camera to the 8th tee, looking down the fairway with Lake Ullswater and the Lakeland Fells in the distance is breathtaking. Equally stunning is looking up to the elevated 10th green framed with the majestic fells in the distance.

Suzanne and Dave were outstanding, albeit unexpected hosts. In fact, all the members and staff I met were friendly and welcoming, from the Pro Shop, to the members we encountered on the course divoting and in their fine restaurant afterwards.

I could not help noticing a real of pride in membership. And why not, this club checks all the boxes. Should, you be in the area, do not miss the opportunity to play Penrith Golf Club.

Good value

Friendly welcome and course in very good condition. Able to play at our own pace, overall a great afternoons golf. Thanks to all at the club.

5 stars from us

It doesn't take long to see why this course was awards EnglandGolf 2016 best course in England.... it was in lovely condition, super greens and well worth playing.

Nice little track

Stopped and centre parcs for a week and fancied a knock with a friend. Nice course up on the hill with nice views. Greens in very good nick , some holes a bit short but thoroughly enjoyable, would play again .

Penrith April 2017

Well laid out course with varied holes. Lovely scenery with views over the Lake District and mountains. The club house was nice and the food very reasonably priced, staff pleasant and friendly. A very enjoyable afternoon.

Leaves leaves everywhere

Greens are terrible, leaves everywhere and not gathered hence slow play because we spent time looking for our balls in the middle of the fairways. Leaves were all over the bumpy greens. Shoe blowers were disconnected. Should have been fine if they provided a cheap brush to clean the shoes and trolleys. If Penrith is reputed to be one of the best in Cumbria I'm very disappointed. And oh, by the way it's mandatory to play off the mats. But wait....YOU HAVE TO BUY the mats from them at a cost of £5 each or hire for £2.50. The only positive I could say is the members and their Pro are very friendly and welcoming to the visitors.

Enjoyable course

The course was super and easy to play. The condition of the course and greens were great when my friend and I played in very mild sunny day.

Great course with good views

Great course, good value for money. In fab condition, especially greens..Good selection in pro shop & I loved the fact I could hire powakaddy, only 14th hole steep incline of about 300 yards. Will definitely play again.

Nice last minute game

Looked on golf now and decided to book last minute due to price, I was not disappointed. Slightly slow play due to society in front but not too bad. Quality of the greens and fairways were very good. Overall a really enjoyable game of golf.

Penrith, Eden