Piltdown Golf Club

Year Built 1904

A friendly small course

A good days golf helped by excellent weather.The staff were great.
The major disappointment was the greens. They were in poor condition with a lot of disease.
Should improve with Spring growth.

Commented on 04/12/2017

I'm glad you enjoyed your day and the service you received from our staff.
After the warm & wet winter a lot of courses in the area suffered with fusarium disease on the greens.
Playing in the UK in mid-March there is no growth about to aid recovery. This is why golf courses generally charge a summer rate and a winter rate. The winter rate is heavily reduced as we appreciate the course won't be in the same condition as it is in the Summer.
Hopefully you will come back in the summer next time and see how good the course is then.

Disappointing

Pro shop very friendly and helpful. Course in good condition but can become boring

Tried to get something to eat and a coffee but told kitchen shut and coffee machine round the corner!! Was thinking of joining but not now!

Commented on 04/12/2017

I am pleased that you found the pro shop staff and the condition of the course to your liking.
I am surprised you found the course boring, I have never heard anyone say that before.
Apologies if you weren't looked after properly in the clubhouse. That is poor on our part and I will look into it to make sure we do better in the future.
Like most Clubs we do have set catering hours, and we stop serving food at 3.00pm unless we have a function, society or event taking place. I presume you must have been after this, but I apologise that you were not made properly aware.
I would be interested to hear more of your views, so if you would like to contact me please do on secretary@piltdowngolfclub.co.uk

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020