Pryors Hayes Golf Club

Year Built 1993

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Delta

Best greens in Cheshire!

This course is really great, some holes where you have to think, not just whack a driver!
The greens are in top condition, lovely lush and true running.

Good Par 70

Great par 70. A couple of fairways had a lot of standing water, but this didn't spoil the round.

Very slow round though. We were a 2 ball and we waited on nearly every hole behind another 2 ball....Sunday am???

Would definitely play it again.

I’m ashamed of myself

I can’t believe I’ve missed out on this Gem of a course for so long. I live 15 minutes from Pryors Hayes and I’m ashamed to admit this is the first time I’ve ever played here.

As a former weekly golfer, like a lot of people with young children, my golf clubs have started to disappear towards the back of the garage. So when I was invited for a game with work mates I wasn’t holding out much optimism for a good game.

Nothing could be further from the truth. This fantastic course is ideal for those who don’t hit it particularly long, as it relies more on strategy and careful placement as opposed to smashing it 300+ yards off the tee.

The course itself was fantastic. The greens in particular were in awesome condition so a massive round of applause to the green staff.

Yes, the pace wasn’t rapid as we got stuck behind a society of 4 balls, but still managed to get round in 4 hours. I suppose this is the price you pay when playing a really good course. It’s bound to be popular. On a positive, the weather was perfect and probably the only time I’ve ever played in October and completed the full round in a polo shirt.

The staff were really helpful and friendly and I felt guilty that we’d only paid £20 each for the privilege. We’re already sorting out our next visit in the next few weeks. This is one course I will definitely be returning to again and again.

Score: 80

65P

Pryor Hayes

A good, interesting course with some challenging holes. Quite a few ponds to be negotiated. Generally flat but with some localised humps and hollows. After a prolonged dry spell, the course was in really good condition. Amazingly, overnight rain had slowed the excellent greens slightly and enabled approach shots to hold. Recommended!

Golf

Nice day , good course fairways and greens in great condition , luck of the draw on the day got stuck behind a four ball it took them 1hr 15 mins to play first 3 holes , and they were too ignorant to let a single player thru even when I was stood on the tea for 10 mins whilst they played hunt the rubbish tee shot , a 100 Yard’s to the right , hence I walked around them in the end and missed 3 holes off ,
But I like the course especially the scenic water hazards and shall be back .

Slow play

Course reasonable condition but round spoilt by slow play.

This was a surprise to me as have heard mixed reviews of prior heys but I really enjoyed it. I turned up and the pro was giving a lesson and the was someone in the back of the pro shop but they ignored me as I could see them through the glass, so I just walked out on course hence the lower score on staff friendliness. Apart from the weather the only negative I could advise was the length of the fairway they were rough thick and hadn’t seemed to be cut for a while which I can only put down to the weather but I have played other courses in the last few weeks which are better maintained. This is a beautiful course which I really enjoyed and would love to come back in the summer when the course is fully maintained to see how it should play.

Course condition

it's winter conditions so some fairways were quite heavy but that's part of playing in the Autumn. The pleasing part was the quality of the greens and all credit to the green staff . Good food available. I have played a few times and always found it an enjoyable day .

Still a gem in Chester

Great course for all levels,greens great introduced a new par 5 hole 1 since last played here caught me and my GPS watch off guard ,will return

Pryors Hayes

Smashing course in great condition
Very easy walking course
Something for everyone
Would recommend this to anyone
Staff very friendly and all members we met on the course very friendly as well

Excellent course

Excellent course to play as it has enough of a challenge for regular golfers and is fair for the normal golfer. It's in excellent condition which makes it a pleasure to play.

Good course but very busy

Good course in good condition. Large society in front of us with players of very low standard which meant very slow play.

Lovely parkland course

Couldn't have chosen a better day to play this lovely parkland course, the sun shone throughout the round and with no wind, it showed the course at its best. The greens and fairways were excellent, even though there was a little bit of work going on with the addition of some fairway bunkers, this didn't have any effect on play. This is just the second time to visit Pryor Hayes GC and I would recommend it highly. The clubhouse facilities have undergone the recent addition of a new function room, all in all very good.

Mud glorious mud..

PHGC is close to my current location and largely based on some encouraging GolfAdvisor reviews I decided to try the course out today. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. This is no 'gem' as others have suggested and to a mineroligist it would inspire thoughts of hydrous alumina-silicate rather than gemstones.

The course comprises 18 pretty good greens in a sea of clay. In spite of some unusually mild and dry weather in recent weeks the terrain was very soft and muddy. I assume this explains why green keeping staff were not to be seen and I had the distinct impression that they had been unable to maintain fairways for quite some time as these were pretty much indistinguishable from the semi-rough. On a few ocassions I struggled to find balls that were 5 to10 yards from the putting surface due to the poor state of maintenance. Fairway condition was compounded by the many fallen leaves that I would have expected to have been removed by now. Litter, including bust helium part balloons were evident around the course and in the trees.

The terrain is pretty flat and the course is a parkland course. The complete absence of definition to fairways, the lack of any notable scenery and the general unkempt and scruffy nature of the holes from tee to green did not make for a course that will live long in the memory. This is a pity because the greens were better than passable and deserve a much better setting. If you are looking for winter golf I would suggest you look elsewhere. Frodsham, Padeswood and Buckley, Eaton and Hawarden are all within reach and play better in the off season.

Great hidden gem

A very good course with friendly members and staff,
Would definitely return

Rude staff

Course was in good condition,problem was the female member of staff on reception.she was very rude and made us feel very unwelcome.Would not return for that reason.

Better than ever

The new owners have made a lot of changes and the course is looking and playing well, the greens are of a good quality bunkers and fairways faultless. improvements and extension to clubhouse, ideal for elderly golfers because the course isn't to long and also is very flat .But still a good challenge ..WELL DONE TO ALL AT PH..

Great condition

The course was in excellent condition only fault ground staff failed to clear dew on first 4 holes !

Great condition!! Always enjoy a round here it was just a little slow today due to many OAP 4 balls with buggies. It can't be helped . That will be me one day lol

Waverton, Cheshire West and Chester