Type Private
Style Parkland
Radlett Park Golf Club

Year Built 1984
Architect Donald Steel (1986)

Radlett golf

Really enjoyed playing Radlett Park. A good golf course, in lovely condition. a nice afternoon was had.

What a disgrace!

Have had a tee time booked here all week, this evening I received an email advising I had cancelled my booking which I had not.

I rang the course and spoke to a rude, incompetent member of staff claiming to be a director of the club who proudly advised me that she had cancelled our booking because I had lied when I booked my tee time. After asking for further information she squawked that someone called Hughes was playing with us in our group and that proved we weren't allowed to play at that time. She then decided that it was because of someone called De Sousa. Neither of these people are part of our group.

Total incompetence, totally rude. And 5 people that will never go back to this course.

Excellent course

I have played Radlett once before. On both occasions the course has been in excellent condition and I will certainly be looking to revisit soon.

Glorious afternoon at Radlett

Course is really well set up , well,kept and with some lovely holes - a good challenge for low handicap players while not too daunting for high handicappers. Bunkers could do with more sand and it’s a shame that the fantastic clubhouse closes so early meaning those finish their rounds after 6pm were unable to enjoy a drink on the balcony overlooking the course. In fact I am surprised the club doesn’t make a greater effort to attract non members and non players to eat , have afternoon coffee and tea or spend time enjoying the views from the clubhouse as it is such a great attraction. And it was sad to see the driveway looking overgrown and untidy. A little spruce up here would make the club more enticing

Difficult course

The course was very challenging ,and very poorly signed for hole direction, which meant you spent time searching around for the next tee.

Superb

Thoroughly enjoyed the course. Good level of challenge. Friendly staff. Will be going back again!

A real find

There have been some mixed reviews on here. The only reason I can think of any negative feedback, was that that One chap I spoke to said that it can get buggy when wet because of the clay.

The course was in excellent condition yesterday. The course has some really interesting holes. The fairways are lush. The greens true and interesting - although could have been even better if a little faster . The bunkers are well placed, although the sand (like most places) could’ve been more sand – like)

The clubhouse – as has been mentioned before – looked brilliant. Although closed at 5 pm on Friday so we couldn’t have a beer. I it has a great view across three or four holes.

Driving range is a great facility, although felt a bit unloved

We will definitely be back

Not bad

So this is a fine course, but it could be so much better with a few small changes.
Firstly, it’s not Augusta. Let people who have booked play off the white ‘members only’ tees. Secondly, get some friendly helpful staff. And lastly make the greens a bit quicker. They were in perfect condition visually, but so slow, and not true. Really difficult to read the break.

Other than that, a nice track

Really enjoyed this course. Friendly staff and fellow golfers and £30 for a Saturday morning tee-time was good value. With a bit more polish which requires investment and probably more golfers to pay for it Radlett has great potential. It's got most of the elements required to be a slick operation and a bit of a destination club. Front nine is quite benign all told but the back nine requires more thought. Found the greens a bit tricky and on the slow side but they were in decent nick as was the rest of the course and my putting really wasn't up to much anyway. Will definitely return.

Overcast day

We didn’t think about the weather at all today whilst dog-legging left and dog-legging right; no waiting ; smashing pretty course ; challenging greens. Enjoyed it very much

Radlett Patk

Usually clear and free after about 10:30hrs during the week. Staff and some of the members say hello with a smile on their faces. A bit sticky during the winter - but where isn’t? A good course, well kept, with a few challenging holes. I like it so I play there quite often...

Nice day

Enjoyed the course , greens were good for early spring as were fairways . Some of the recent reviews don’t seem to add up to what we found at Radlett Park!? Both my guest and I shall return here in the summer months

Played with my old club golf pro from East Sussex looking to join a club now that I live in Kenton.
What a great find, we both loved the course I play off 12 and found in challenging. Fairways great and greens true, the 18th is on three levels and difficult wherever you land the ball.
Beer and sandwich on the balcony, defiantly joining for the summer.
Can not understand some of the previous comments, hidden agenda?
The day we played a guy was in front of us who had paid a "hot deal" his T-off time was 3:30 and was demanding to go on before us at 1:10! Could not believe the language he hurdled at the poor pro-shop girl.
Take some of these comments with a pinch of salt, loved the course Pic attached.

RIP Radlet Park

This used to be an excellent busy well looked after courrse with superb fast greens not very long ago. Upon arriving I immediatly sensed something was wrong in the car park due to the lack of cars in what used to be a busy course. By the time we reached the first green I was starting to understand. The length of grass on the greens was very long and it became clear that they simply were no longer looking after the course and people were staying away. Little things like the signs on the tee boxes were mainly missing and the general course condition and greenkeeping has been let go. I can only surmise that the course may have been bought out by an asset stripping company who are deliberatly running the club into the ground and bankrupcy in order to sell off the land to property developers. I have noticed a very worrying trend of this in recent times in both council and private clubs. With the Governments policy of mass housebuilding for high immigration, building land has become sought after and with Govt. imposed local council housebuilding targets councils are granting planning permision and change of useage of land at the drop odf a hat. More and more courses are being run into the ground and closing and I fear golf will revert to be being an expensive and exclusive activity for the well to do.

DavidWhitecross
Commented On 04/25/2019

Not sure what this guys problem is, this is not a political platform. Played with my golf pro from my club a few weeks back. We both loved the course and will be back for more. By any chance where you the "Hotdeals" guy that booked 3:30 but wanted to go on before us at 1 and was shouting at the girl in the proshop?

Nice little course

Played this course with a society group, must say I really enjoyed the course.
A little wet off the fairways but generally very good espesially after all the raim.
Really can not understand the other comments on here, must have a hidden agenda.
Seriously thinking of joining as a 5 day member, works out quite reasonable.

Never again!

This was probably the worst golf experience I ever had, this is not a golf course but rather a sheep-run converted into something in shape of a golf course, we have been floundering in a mud, getting dirty up to our hips, not mentioning some holes were winter some not, greens were like felt, possibly after late aeration... I would had no problem with it if we were warned in advance... never gonna return and never gonna recommend this ugly place.

Shocking, wouldn’t waste your time

Where do I start. Pro shop failed to tell us there were temp greens. Fairways the worst I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen better grass in my local park. No difference between rough and fairway. Staff not willing to give money back even though we walked in after 2 holes. They were no help at all. Couldn’t pay me to play here let alone charge me £27

Nice course, very quiet

Played several times here. Slightly odd card with only 3 par 3's, 2 of them being consecutive. Surprisingly wet in parts given long dry spell. Wet clay fairways very tricky to play off, and some greens had a lot of clay debris presumably dropped off other player's shoes.

Radlett Park

Surprisingly empty. Course in good condition. Looking forward to playing there again.

Positives: Course looks great and is overall in good condition. Nice driving range to warm up.
Negatives: Greens were very slow.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.