Style Parkland
Redlibbets Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Architect Jonathan Gaunt (1997)

Carts Yes - GBP 25

Golf Simulator Yes

Redlibbets

Excellent course
Excellent and friendly staff in the bar and in the pro shop
I haven't played many courses 7 to be exact but this is by far the best I've played. Not easy but not to hard, hard enough to make you think about plotting your way round and can't ever remember such friendly and welcoming staff

Excellent Spring Golf

The course was newly soaked in rain but the sun shone for us and there was no lying water. New signage on all the tees gives the course a fresh feel (although I'm not sure that the old 18th is right to be the new 9th). The course is fully recoeverd from last year's dry spell. This is an excellent venue.

A decent course

Not a fan of playing boggy courses in the winter. Heavy rain for 24 hours prior to tee off may have caused some boggy ground. But generally wasn’t too bad. Thoroughly enjoyed playing this course decent weather though.

Challenging course

Redlibbets has a good flow of various difficulty holes. The par threes are quite challenging due to length and bunkers placed stratigically in front of the holes. We played in cold and windy sometimes sharp showers weather. The fairways were not too muddy. An overall pleasant experience!

A nice layout

I like the flow of the holes at Redlibbets. Unfortunately the fairways were quite sparse and muddy. Bunkers were flooded. Greens were a bit slow. In spite of this, I enjoyed the round!

Very poor

We had a 12.44 tee off time and walked of the course after 8 hours which took us 3 hours to play. The course was over booked with a society and even after 3 complaints there was still no Marshall that came out until we walked off the course. The course itself was in very bad condition. The tee boxes and fairways were awful and the greens weren’t much better apart from the 8th green. Unfortunately will not be going back to play this course again

Hi Keith,

Sorry to hear your thoughts on your Friday game.

We are assuming you mean you walked off after 8 holes oppose to 8 hours, otherwise your game would've been very dark ; )

Your comments surprise us about the condition of the course as we have received nothing but great feedback since our new course manager took over (previously at the London Club)

We will call you today to discuss this in more detail with you and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

No staffs in pro shop.

I had 4 balls booked at 07:32. I were planning to play in the morning and back to work after lunch.
We arrived at the club house around 07:15, went to booking but no staffs were there. We waited until 07:40 but no staffs turn up. This delay held other golfers so we decided to tee off without check in and without score card.

Commented On 10/25/2018

Sorry you couldn't check in on the morning of the 17th - Our pro shop does not open until 7:30am and after looking at our tee sheet, the only 4 ball we had in that early who never checked in was 7:16am, so this would have been before we opened.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused and we will look forward to welcoming you back again.

Very good

Excellent course and well maintained. Challenging layout with well guarded greens gives course the feel of a championship course. Always busy and can be slow. Perhaps bigger gap between T times would be better. Club house terrace is very comfortable and on a sunny day feels like you’re abroad. Highly recommended.

Commented On 10/25/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review!

We'll look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

We all like the course, nice parkland golf course.

Bunkers could be better condition. I mean better racced. Thanks

Commented On 10/25/2018

Thank you for your great review!

You'll be pleased to know that we actually have scheduled in a bunker renovation programme for new year, so hopefully a 5 star review from you next time.

Great course but too slow

Second time in a row when I have played here and it has been so slow. This time it was a society I think you should be made aware when booking if there are block bookings on the course. Other than that tees need some work but love this testing course.

Thank you for your great review.

Please do feel free to call and ask if their are any society bookings in on the day you are looking to play and we will advise you.

We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Great course but slow play a problem

Love the course and in good condition. But second time I have played there and the pace of play has been too slow. Needs a course Marshall to get people moving.

Good but......

First time round this course. Ventured out with high expectations. Very welcoming and helpful in the pro shop.

Course layout was great, interesting with doglegs left and right, a course to make you think about club choice rather than just hit as far you can!!

A couple of things let it down:
the tee boxes need a lot of TLC - especially the 18, which looked like they had just chosen some rough ground?
the greens were slow, even allowing for the early morning moisture, which had in most cases been cleared away.

The majority of the green keepers were also welcoming and helpful, however there were a couple (every course has them) that looked like they would rather not be there at all!!

Thank you for your great review.

You will be pleased to know that a new course manager has recently joined us from the London Club. We are receiving great feedback in regards to the condition of the course and his new team have work incredibly hard.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Pace of play slow!

Tee off time of 1.40pm, single golfer, and did not finish my round until 6pm. Pace of play was slow beyond slow. Interestingly the 3-ball and 4-ball ahead of me did not once let me play through.

Bunkers in dire need of some love. More stones than sand in there. So much so I did not play the bunkers in case I damaged my club.

Have played the course about 6 times and unfortunately currently wouldn't recommend until bunkers and slow play issues resolved.

Commented On 10/25/2018

Thank you for your review.

Since you wrote this review, we have been lucky enough to be joined by a new course manager from the London Club. His expertise and hard work has resulted in some great feedback about the condition of the course.

You will be pleased to know that we have scheduled a bunker renovation programme in the not too distant future.

We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon

course in good condition greens loverly bunkers in good position so have to think about where to put you ball

Thank you for your great review.
We shall look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

green in good condition will definitely play again

Thank you for your great review.

We hope to see you again soon.

Great course but could be better

This was a first visit for us, the course is short but still challenging, very few holes are running parallel which is nice so you really do get away from everyone else, no one shouting fore every 5 mins.
Our only disappointment was the yellow tee areas, these desperately needed cutting and were well worn on many holes so the yellow blocks should have been moved to a new plot. Some of the foot paths needed attention/repair but understand this all costs money so this is what sets this place apart from £60-70 a round courses where they are better maintained. We paid £36 on a Saturday, mid summer which I would say is about right for this standard course. Would definitely play again

Commented On 10/25/2018

Thank you for your good review.

We welcomed a new course manager in August (previously from the London Club) and the feedback we are receiving about the condition of the course is now fantastic.

We currently have tee times from just £15pp, which is great value.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Valid dates: Sep 16, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020