Style Parkland
Rating N/A
Redlibbets Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1997
Architect Jonathan Gaunt (1997)

Carts Yes - GBP 25

Golf Simulator Yes

Bar

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Great condition but extreme slow play spoilt round

The course is in great condition, greens and very quick.

Unfortunately what spoilt things was the extreme slow play, which was infuriating. There was a Marshall starting people off, but not one on the course telling people to hurry up.

I think the problem lies in the fact the the tee times are only spaced 7 mins apart and are mostly 4 balls. This is because the course allow more than one group to book a tee time and join up. Example if I book a 2 ball, then the booking system still allows another 2 ball to book at the same time. This is what is clearly slowing things up.

I know they have not had a lot of income due to Covid, but this approach is a tad greedy and is making the playing experience here not very enjoyable. Since golf courses have opened again I have played 4 courses, and have not had the slow play problem anywhere else.

This was not a one off, a friend played yesterday and said play was even slower.

slow slow slow

Sorry, but nice course and friendly staff but the pace of play was ridiculous.
Tee times, mostly 4 balls every 7 mins is just not doable in the current climate.
We came off after 9 holes having taken 3 hours to that point.
From what we could see, no one was playing slowly but there were just too many people on the course with nowhere to go.

Like the course and the facilities but we won’t attempt to play here again for a while

Very enjoyable

Good fair test. Interesting layout. New bunkering renovations in development but this didn't spoil the day. Course in very nice condition. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The course was busy due to lockdown and our 2 ball was paired with 2 members who were very friendly and great fun to to play with.

Great day

Fantastic course in great condition. Really friendly welcome from lady running the show at the clubhouse to the marshal. Will definitely be returning.

Very nice course challenging at times but would highly recommend

Redlibbetts

8 handicapper. First time I have played redlibbetts and as somebody looking for a new club I thought it had some really interesting holes and the course was in fantastic condition for winter given the amount of rain we have had. A couple of risk And reward holes which are exiting. negative thing is the pace of play is very poor and from speaking with a member he advised this is the clubs biggest issue. As somebody who has never played the course they also need to address the green markings as there is no indication what part of the green the flag is located on and you hit a number of approach shots up big hills so was a bit of a lottery. All in all I would 100% go back as the course is interesting. The front nine is much more interesting

Redlibbets

Excellent course
Excellent and friendly staff in the bar and in the pro shop
I haven't played many courses 7 to be exact but this is by far the best I've played. Not easy but not to hard, hard enough to make you think about plotting your way round and can't ever remember such friendly and welcoming staff

Excellent Spring Golf

The course was newly soaked in rain but the sun shone for us and there was no lying water. New signage on all the tees gives the course a fresh feel (although I'm not sure that the old 18th is right to be the new 9th). The course is fully recoeverd from last year's dry spell. This is an excellent venue.

A decent course

Not a fan of playing boggy courses in the winter. Heavy rain for 24 hours prior to tee off may have caused some boggy ground. But generally wasn’t too bad. Thoroughly enjoyed playing this course decent weather though.

Challenging course

Redlibbets has a good flow of various difficulty holes. The par threes are quite challenging due to length and bunkers placed stratigically in front of the holes. We played in cold and windy sometimes sharp showers weather. The fairways were not too muddy. An overall pleasant experience!

A nice layout

I like the flow of the holes at Redlibbets. Unfortunately the fairways were quite sparse and muddy. Bunkers were flooded. Greens were a bit slow. In spite of this, I enjoyed the round!

Very poor

We had a 12.44 tee off time and walked of the course after 8 hours which took us 3 hours to play. The course was over booked with a society and even after 3 complaints there was still no Marshall that came out until we walked off the course. The course itself was in very bad condition. The tee boxes and fairways were awful and the greens weren’t much better apart from the 8th green. Unfortunately will not be going back to play this course again

Hi Keith,

Sorry to hear your thoughts on your Friday game.

We are assuming you mean you walked off after 8 holes oppose to 8 hours, otherwise your game would've been very dark ; )

Your comments surprise us about the condition of the course as we have received nothing but great feedback since our new course manager took over (previously at the London Club)

We will call you today to discuss this in more detail with you and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

No staffs in pro shop.

I had 4 balls booked at 07:32. I were planning to play in the morning and back to work after lunch.
We arrived at the club house around 07:15, went to booking but no staffs were there. We waited until 07:40 but no staffs turn up. This delay held other golfers so we decided to tee off without check in and without score card.

Commented on 10/25/2018

Sorry you couldn't check in on the morning of the 17th - Our pro shop does not open until 7:30am and after looking at our tee sheet, the only 4 ball we had in that early who never checked in was 7:16am, so this would have been before we opened.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused and we will look forward to welcoming you back again.

Very good

Excellent course and well maintained. Challenging layout with well guarded greens gives course the feel of a championship course. Always busy and can be slow. Perhaps bigger gap between T times would be better. Club house terrace is very comfortable and on a sunny day feels like you’re abroad. Highly recommended.

Commented on 10/25/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review!

We'll look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

We all like the course, nice parkland golf course.

Bunkers could be better condition. I mean better racced. Thanks

Commented on 10/25/2018

Thank you for your great review!

You'll be pleased to know that we actually have scheduled in a bunker renovation programme for new year, so hopefully a 5 star review from you next time.

Great course but too slow

Second time in a row when I have played here and it has been so slow. This time it was a society I think you should be made aware when booking if there are block bookings on the course. Other than that tees need some work but love this testing course.

Commented on 10/25/2018

Thank you for your great review.

Please do feel free to call and ask if their are any society bookings in on the day you are looking to play and we will advise you.

We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Fawkham, Sevenoaks