Columbia Lakes Resort & Conference Center

Championship 72 7015 yards 74.0 136
Middle 72 6300 yards 72.2 125
Forward (W) 72 5280 yards 72.3 132
Scorecard for Columbia Lakes Resort
Blue M: 74.3/142 500 190 400 438 533 185 407 417 398 3468 402 403 197 533 406 414 228 508 408 3499 6967
White M: 70.6/131 497 152 382 385 477 155 377 433 375 3233 350 383 176 486 387 360 172 435 371 3120 6353
Gold M: 69.2/126 490 150 360 385 520 145 380 390 360 3180 360 360 165 490 380 375 160 470 360 3120 6300
Red M: 67.1/120 W: 70.9/122 425 100 290 330 425 100 340 340 310 2660 305 305 130 435 310 325 115 395 300 2620 5280

Year Built 1973
Fairways 419 hybrid Bermuda
Greens Tiff Dwarf
Architect Tom Fazio (1973) Tom Fazio (1989)

1.7

Terrible experience

I called the pro shop at noon and asked if I would need a tee time if I came over around 4:30. I was told no problem, no outings or events were happening. I drove 1.5 hours, from Katy, and arrived at 4:30. The course was closed. No one there, pro shop locked, no carts, no people, nothing.

Enjoyable environment perpetually trying to thrive

This is a very fun course to play in a quiet, laid back neighborhood. The golf operations have been just trying to tread water for the past 7-8 years or so. The greens have significantly improved and they are still working on them.5 was actually named one of the top 10 best Texas holes in the 80s but was under repair of some sort last week. La Casona Tex-Mex restaurant is leasing the clubhouse food space and is well worth the visit. All in all certainly worth the visit. Some would refer to the clubhouse is outdated but I like it alot, it's nostalgic and the condition has been receiving more and more attention as of late.

Tough corse, wet day

We were down for vacation and decided to try this course. It had been raining a lot, and even rained during our round. The course is a pretty course and in reasonable condition. We are not very accurate off the tee and the course really punishes you if your off the fairway.

Can't wait to try again with better conditions.

condition

This course is not in very good conditions. Fairways are very poor, but greens are worse. They had two greens closed and probably should have had more of them closed. It appears they are working to get the greens back but looks like that could take several months. Sand traps had very little sand and most were overgrown with grass. I got a good deal and thought I would give it a try since it is close to my house. I may try again later in summer to see if there is improvement. The course design is very good with lots of trees lining the fairways.

Disappointed

The course conditions have seriously deteriorated since we played two years ago. Greens were terrible. Fairways FULL of crab grass. So disappointing.

So Sad

The course layout is excellent. The course condition was very poor. The fairways lost most of their grass; The bunkers had no sand; And the greens were hard and inconsistent.

Improving the challenge

This is the second time I've played this course. It has a nice layout and is pretty challenging. It has plenty of water and sand. It's not in the greatest shape but it has improved since my last visit. The only problem I have was getting from #9 to #10 as it is poorly marked. Overall it is a great value and a above average course.

Green could use reseeding. Greens have rough spots. Layout was very nice. Par 3's are unforgiving and challenging.

Getting Better

Fun course to play, the driving range is very frequently closed however which is frustrating. La Casona restaurant in the clubhouse is a very cool, unique setting and has great food. Greens are not great but improving, they're better than they have been in about 8 years.

Great deal

Read some reviews before booking a tee time they commented the course was not being taken care of well it is winter and this course is out in the country. So we got a great hot deal so we thought let's go check it out on a Sunday midday. Well we had a blast yeh greens were not that maintained but was fun and beautiful very challenging . The one thing I wish they had was a cart girl so get what you want before you start . We will be going back in spring and see if the greens are better maintained. The pace was great too and staff very nice.

Not worth the hot deal price

It appears they do not care about their course. Grass around the greens were higher than normal, greens were very slow and unkept, bare patches all around the green. Fairway had a lot of crabgrass and weeds. All in all Not a well maintained golf course. I would not play this course again.

hope

course needs work and there is a promise of better things to come

Good Day

Played Columbia Lakes for the first time with my 11 year old on Wednesday and a 2nd time on Thursday. We had a great time, the course was in good shape and we found CL very challenging. We were literally the only 2 on this course! We will be back, GolfNow made this trip extremely affordable and enjoyable.

Worst Greens I have Ever Played.

The course was in terrible shape. I thought we were getting a deal for paying $15 each but the greens were literally like concrete. No grass on 80% of them... By far the worst greens I have ever played on. I don't think they have ever watered them. Not to mention the sand traps. They were like rock. No soft sand at all!

Value play

Disclaimer: Novice golfers with 1 year lessons/play experience but have played all levels of course (PGA to municipal level).

Columbia Lakes course is an 18 hole course that offers very interesting layout, some good challenging holes, but is saddled with lower end maintenance and is affected by wet conditions. The course winds through a housing community with large lots. Some holes were much wider fairways than others. There is a mexican restaurant located in the club house that appeared very popular with the local residents. Pro shop attendant was friendly and shop appeared well stocked. We played after the area received some very heavy rains and the course was very soggy in parts. Since we used the GolfNow Hot deal rate, we felt it was worth the long drive and could tolerate the conditions. Cart path only for the carts but could do 90 degree for most holes. Our cart had a brake issues and needed some work. There was little to no sand in the bunkers, greens were terribly bumpy and tee boxes could use a good weeding. Drinking water was available on the course in several spots. BUGS were very bad in the area probably due to rain or proximity to the Brazos river; don't forget the bug spray. We didn't have anyone on the course behind us or in front of us. A friend who has played here several times told us this was his experience most of the time and he liked it for the relaxed pace.

As the course has hosted some big tournaments in the past, you can see the real potential in it with some fun, challenging holes. I'd like to play again after less rain in the area to see if green maintenance would be better. I'd recommend this course for locals or those that want a course with relaxed play speed to work on their game.

really nice layout

this is a nice course I hate that the greens are so bad love playing this course but greens just bad

The greens are in bad condition

Pace of play is good but the putting surface on the greens were really bad

Columbia lakes. Good price, poor course

Greens were awful. Bumps and nothing true. Sand traps were pebble traps. Fairways were not cut very well. The. Price was right and we got round in a quick time as few other players, but after driving 80 miles I'd rather pay more and play nearer. We played here before and it wasn't very good but we hoped that it might have improved. It had not

Brazoria, Texas