Rother Valley Golf Centre - Main Course

White 72 6400 yards
Yellow 72 5766 yards
Red (W) 71 4461 yards
Scorecard for Rother Valley Golf Centre
Blue M: 71.7/121 381 334 400 296 321 350 164 398 489 3133 361 469 187 341 192 399 449 375 491 3264 6397
White M: 70.2/117 W: 71.1/120 359 289 376 285 278 333 139 362 479 2900 347 427 143 279 176 350 369 318 457 2866 5766

Year Built 1997

Well maintained

Though it was Autumn and there were falling leaves everywhere the ground keepers seemed to be doing their best to remove leaves from the fairways and greens. The course is very open to the elements being on the valley side so I should imagine in less favourable weather it could be a bit raw in late winter but overall a great course.

Good round

At the beginning and end of season the course can get a little rough. Car park surface could do with a tidy up. A couple of Ball Cleaners around the course and a show cleaner of some sort would be good. Always a lot of people walking around the course, dog walkers etc... would stop me playing here on my own-singe female.

rother valley golf club

quite a while since we played here last.what a difference,there is now grass on the fairways and the greens also the bunkers were raked. good value on tee times.

Rothervalley

Nice course in good nick its long and one of two testing holes

The Golf Side was great but whatever you do, don't ask for a breakfast!

The course was in good condition in spite of the recent hot weather, the greens were in great shape. It was a great round of golf. The staff at the clubhouse are great and friendly, hence the 4 stars, it would have been 5 but as always there is always that one person. Fidel Castro, that bully from Grange Hill and Richie from the 90s pop band 5ive

That person accused us of not paying for a breakfast (which of course we did pay) after the round and just about fell out with their own colleagues over it, as said crazy person had told the nice person that had taken the orders and subsequent monies that we'd had all the breakfasts. I'm no Sherlock Holmes but when the others have their breakfasts and I'm like a dog at a dinner table then have a rude confrontation with said person with a plate with my breakfast on it, minus the Hash Browns by the way I'd paid for (unforgivable), and they are still citing that I haven't paid but giving me the plate anyway. Not great customer service to be honest. It's not the first time we have been spoken to so rudely. They could just have checked the till or the CCTV, or asked, instead of being like that.

It was a disaster, I love Rother Valley but that person is really putting me off, one friend was in tears over this. He could barely touch his breakfast it was so harrowing.

3 Tee offs

Three of us played this for the first time, The car parking facilities are good and its just a short walk to the Pro shop. It was a warm but breezy day and was perfect for golf. The greens are superb and well maintained and though the fairways were suffering from the long spell of weather without rain they were also in good condition. I would play this again but reading other reviews I can understand why it is wise to stay away in less favourable weather as some of the paths look like they could become mud baths.

Great value

The course was very wet on the day, but still good value and a nice layout. For the time of year and the current weather conditions the greens were in good shape. Very friendly staff and good catering facilities. Overall a very good day out.

Would like to play again

An attractive and interesting course. Very muddy so would like to play again in the summer

Behind a slow 4 ball with a kenn 2 ball up our bum so 3 groups on 1 hole in occasion but it was Saturday morning

Very friendly staff in pro shop and club house

Would recommend

Rother valley

course in reasonable nick for this time of year greens ok fairways a bit bare but good value for money

Shot 83 handicap 15

The course was wet and was surprised they aloud golf cats on the fairways

Found the course tricky as first time round, was lucky I joined up with a 3 ball who made me welcome to play with them if I had been by myself for the first time would have been hard on some of the holes as to where to go, some of the tee boxes didn't have numbers on to let you know if you were at the correct tee box, bunker had water in them but we're not high lighted as been GUR, all in all I will play the course again and hope to better my nett score of 3 over

HOT DEAL WARNING

Booked this round of golf for two players on the Golf now website, when we arrived at the course we were told it had been double booked and we were playing in a round of four with two total strangers.

The guys we played with were alright but they were not happy either that they were not told when booking that this was going to happen.

A round of golf between friends should be just that, to turn up and be forced to play alongside strangers is just wrong.

Very underhand and unprofessional to sell the same round twice.

Lovely course very slow play

A really well laid out country park style course with a variety of holes - dog legs, elevated tees, a bit of water to contend with.

Perhaps a bit on the short side. Fairly wide fairways but the ground a bit on the firm side so not easy to take a divot. We had some difficulty reading the greens but that was our fault - they were well kept.

We were right behind a large party playing in a competition so play was very slow - 4 3/4 hours!

Having said all that we enjoyed our day and will certainly play again soon

Standing water on all greens & course remained open!

Extremely disappointed with this round, because after constant overnight rains, and morning continual rain, we asked to re-jig our teetime till the following week! We were told the course was open so we could not amend our advanced tee time booking! After 9 holes we quit(first time in 35 years) because all the greens had standing water and standing water in many places around the greens!

To sumarise, we believe this course should have been closed and our tee times postponed to the following week, as requested early that morning.

Very surprised

I was very surprised with this course, my first time playing and for the price I did not except the quality of the course. It was busy but it's expected on a Saturday afternoon at such a course. The favourite hole had to be the par 3 with the water feature, all in all definitely will be visiting again!

Either Valey GC

It was enjoyable, a really good course, staff in the shop were so friendly and helpful as this was my first visit to the course, other pkayers were so helpful and courteous, 4 hours for a round, staff in the bar were unfriendly, food and drinks were expensive to other golf courses, which spoilt the day slightly

Good value, decent course

Overall the course is good. Fairways & greens are in good condition and you are punished if you stray too far off line. A couple of negatives for me 1) There is a lack of information at the tees, some don't have a marker at all and others just give the yardages. It would be good to have a map of the hole showing the distance to bunkers, water hazards etc. 2) The bunkers are in desperate need of fresh sand, it's like playing off concrete so impossible to get under the ball and blast out.

Very friendly staff in the golf shop (could give the young man in the bar a few tips on customer service!)

Excellent

The round was really easy to book with teeoff times and really good value for money.

The course is big and well looked after, buggies are readily available although we didn't use one. Our tee time was 1132 but we arrived at 1115 and were able to tee off then. Friendly staff in the shop and a bar and restaurant on site.

Great course for the money with feature holes and character

Rother Valley is one of the best value for money courses I've played. The layout of the course means that there are no boring 'up and down' sections with some great feaure holes.

It's a bit of a walk in you on you're on foot but I'm semi-fit with one knackered knee and managed it fine with a carry bag.

Renishaw, North East Derbyshire