Style Parkland

Course in fair condition
Greens very good
Staff freindly

Great course and amenities

Excellent course and facilities, really good quality fairways and greens and in a surprisingly quiet location. Enjoyable course layout and one I would play again.

Great course layout with a good combination of parkland holes

Great course layout with a good combination of parkland holes to make it quite enjoyable as well as challenging. Greens were perfect, fairways quite good despite the dry summer conditions and a number of well placed bankers. Just beware of the high rough on the edges and try to avoid it at all cost. Overall a good game of golf worth every penny. Great club house too.

Awful condition

I thought £23 for the round was good value before I arrived.

Unfortunately it turned out to be very overpriced. The course was in terrible condition. The fairways were the worst I’ve ever seen. The greens were poor. The overall condition was very bad.

I would not play the course again even for a lot less money.

Shame.

Commented on 07/11/2019

I played this course on 10 July and found the experience very disenchanting.
Having to play off the white tees, playing off 21, made the longer , 400yd+ par 4s intimidating and the third had a longer carry off the white tee to the fairway than I could drive. So I laid up to the ladies tee and so lost advantage to others with longer drives on top of about six bunkers strewn across the fairway. The club really needs to decide if it is a golf club or a wildlife reserve with so many areas, mostly of nettles, adding to the challenge of the course. The rough was unnecessarily jungle-like and didn't need to be as going in these areas was punishment enough. There is scant information on each hole on the website, no graphic hole guides to help plan your game, so ultimately I dispute that Royal Ascot is 'visitor friendly.' I won't return as there are hundreds of much better courses to play at.

Nice, interesting course to play

Course in good condition for time of year with greens playing well. Day we played the weather was bad (wet and windy) so made the course more tricky to play especially being our first time. Members and staff friendly and helpful. Look forward to play again in better weather.

Nice Greens; Challenging Par 3s; Friendly staff

Only 2nd 18 hole round after Hip replacement almost 3 months ago. Pretty good choice as very flat. Several long Par 3s dominate the 'challenge'. Well bunkered and only a couple of 'hidden' hazards to snare visitors. Fairways were pretty bare (after last summer's heat) but work has been/is being done to address. There may not be fairway watering, but not sure. Greens are consistent and very nice - probably the best feature.

Decent track

Got a great value tee time at midday but upon arrival was told that they didn’t operate a tee time system and found 5 groups on the first tee in front on us. Made it round by the skin of our teeth and slow play in front of us. Otherwise a good quality course with a variety of holes. Would return

Great value

We paid 20 quid each for our round. You can not be to hard on course for that. BARGAIN

Value for Money

Until a few weeks ago, I was unaware that Ascot even had a golf course. This was my first visit and I was pleasantly surprised, as were my colleagues on how good it was despite the recent dry weather. I will definitely be returning for another round in the near future.

Lovely course

Along with every other course in the country at the moment, the fairways are struggling with the long hot summer. The greens however were amongst some of the best that I've played.

This is a course that would suit most handicaps, it has fairly generous fairways, and most of the course's protection comes from a number of strategically placed bunkers. Unusually there are six par 3's.

The web implies a very established and longstanding course but the course was moved to a new location in 2005. Still a good course, very enjoyable but be sure to stick to the fairways.

One of the best green I have played

First time for me to play and my experience was very good.
A good practice outdoor area and practice putting green by the 1st hole.

It was not a very difficult course but you do need to plan your shots carefully as there are many hazard s and bunkers cleverly placed.
You can (I mean I did) loose quite a few balls in the rough just off the fairways as they have grown thick and dense already - the summer is finally approaching.
The fairway was in a great condition and the every green in immaculate condition. Not a single bump! Championship quality green on sign board was not exaggerated.
As it was rolled firm, approach shots could not stop on the green though. I adjust quickly and pitched short in front of green and it was all good.

Some beginner members cut in back 9 but they let me through as I was playing alone.
I like the back 9 better as there were quite a few risk and reward type holes.

Only one criticism was that there was a sign that chemical was sprayed and therefore we should wash our hands but I didn't manage to find a toilet which was a shame. There was a changing room which I suppose has a place to wash inside but it was locked - I guess it was for members only.

Overall, I think it is a great course which i enjoyed very much and I would be happy to play again anytime. Highly recommended.

Lovely little course

Been here a few times and enjoyed it every time. Nice layout, in decent nick and friendly members and staff - recommended!

Great course, great amenities

The course was fairly busy, but we went along at a good pace. The fairways and greens were in excellent condition. All of the staff were friendly and helpful and the food and facilities in the 19th were excellent. I would recommend Royal Ascot without hesitation

Very Pleasant

The course is nice without being spectacular. It's very fair, and is the sort of course that anyone should be able to enjoy, although it does start to narrow a little towards the end of the round. Unusually, there are 6 par 3's, but I don't see that as a negative.

I've played here a couple of times over the winter and the course really handles the wet weather well, and the condition of the course is a credit to the green keepers.

We were made to feel very welcome in the pro shop when we went to check in, and there's a very nice clubhouse.

Really good

Despite a LOT of rain over the previous few days, and indeed while we were playing, the course itself handled it like a summer shower. The tees, fairways and greens were all in ridiculously good condition for January.

As for the layout, this isn't the longest course in the world, there are six par 3's, but there are some really nice holes here. The front 9 is probably the easier of the two with generally wider fairways. The 18th is especially tricky, with a narrow landing area and a ditch to contend with from the tee, and a lake protecting the green.

Highly recommended.