Royal Ascot Golf Club

White 70 6294 yards
Yellow 70 5836 yards
Red (W) 70 5180 yards
Scorecard for Royal Ascot Golf Club
Blue M: 69.2/114 229 535 366 320 503 178 398 139 400 3068 371 178 409 186 430 478 425 218 531 3226 6294
White M: 68.3/110 163 504 349 307 488 164 374 124 373 2846 363 166 377 170 417 470 409 176 442 2990 5836
Red W: 67.8/108 137 457 315 262 451 148 341 105 329 2545 290 154 332 147 346 455 338 153 420 2635 5180

Year Built 2005

Great value

We paid 20 quid each for our round. You can not be to hard on course for that. BARGAIN

Value for Money

Until a few weeks ago, I was unaware that Ascot even had a golf course. This was my first visit and I was pleasantly surprised, as were my colleagues on how good it was despite the recent dry weather. I will definitely be returning for another round in the near future.

Lovely course

Along with every other course in the country at the moment, the fairways are struggling with the long hot summer. The greens however were amongst some of the best that I've played.

This is a course that would suit most handicaps, it has fairly generous fairways, and most of the course's protection comes from a number of strategically placed bunkers. Unusually there are six par 3's.

The web implies a very established and longstanding course but the course was moved to a new location in 2005. Still a good course, very enjoyable but be sure to stick to the fairways.

One of the best green I have played

First time for me to play and my experience was very good.

A good practice outdoor area and practice putting green by the 1st hole.

It was not a very difficult course but you do need to plan your shots carefully as there are many hazard s and bunkers cleverly placed.

You can (I mean I did) loose quite a few balls in the rough just off the fairways as they have grown thick and dense already - the summer is finally approaching.

The fairway was in a great condition and the every green in immaculate condition. Not a single bump! Championship quality green on sign board was not exaggerated.

As it was rolled firm, approach shots could not stop on the green though. I adjust quickly and pitched short in front of green and it was all good.

Some beginner members cut in back 9 but they let me through as I was playing alone.

I like the back 9 better as there were quite a few risk and reward type holes.

Only one criticism was that there was a sign that chemical was sprayed and therefore we should wash our hands but I didn't manage to find a toilet which was a shame. There was a changing room which I suppose has a place to wash inside but it was locked - I guess it was for members only.

Overall, I think it is a great course which i enjoyed very much and I would be happy to play again anytime. Highly recommended.

Lovely little course

Been here a few times and enjoyed it every time. Nice layout, in decent nick and friendly members and staff - recommended!

Great course, great amenities

The course was fairly busy, but we went along at a good pace. The fairways and greens were in excellent condition. All of the staff were friendly and helpful and the food and facilities in the 19th were excellent. I would recommend Royal Ascot without hesitation

Very Pleasant

The course is nice without being spectacular. It's very fair, and is the sort of course that anyone should be able to enjoy, although it does start to narrow a little towards the end of the round. Unusually, there are 6 par 3's, but I don't see that as a negative.

I've played here a couple of times over the winter and the course really handles the wet weather well, and the condition of the course is a credit to the green keepers.

We were made to feel very welcome in the pro shop when we went to check in, and there's a very nice clubhouse.

Really good

Despite a LOT of rain over the previous few days, and indeed while we were playing, the course itself handled it like a summer shower. The tees, fairways and greens were all in ridiculously good condition for January.

As for the layout, this isn't the longest course in the world, there are six par 3's, but there are some really nice holes here. The front 9 is probably the easier of the two with generally wider fairways. The 18th is especially tricky, with a narrow landing area and a ditch to contend with from the tee, and a lake protecting the green.

Highly recommended.

Four ball

We as a football are playing in an charity event for Limbcare later on in the month and we thought we would have a practice round .We all agreed what a lovely challenging course it is and she start where very friendly and helpful.

A something and nothing course

Although in good conditions its not a course that sets you alight. It has no risk and reward unless a very long hitter but this would then mean you'd take it apart at under 6,000 yards from the yellows. Holes are relatively flat and meander around the course. What you see is what you get and its doesn't thrill much. All the par 3s are non-descript and have no really challenge. Hit straight and chances are with the right club, you'll hit green and will have 2 putts for par. For a quiet day in hot weather it was a long 5hr round and would concern me if really busy. Clubhouse is very nice and staff very welcoming but otherwise not a wow experience.

A great day ou

This is a little gem of a course, it is especially good for more elderly peeps who don't like a lot of hills, having said that it is an interesting challenge and the greens are absolutely fabulous. The course has matured and the trees and bushes are starting to establish and give a nice back drop. A few more could be planted to give the feeling of privacy between holes, but it is good to see they keep the long grass in place. On our last visit one of our team 80 years of age was taken ill, but the green staff came to our immediate aid and called Stuart in clubhouse who was the first aider, he stayed with us for 1.5 hours out on the course and was excellent, as were all the members who offered to help. The club shop even credited us a free round in the future.... what a truly wonderful club and great set of people.....thank you to all at Royal Ascot for rescuing our day.

Great Course..SLOW GAME

Booked for a 11.00am tee time..There were 2 competitions being played..which meant long delays. Very disappointing as we could have been made aware prior to tee-ing off..round took over 5 hours..

Lovely course

The people in front were extremely slow, yet they had the cheek to ask for more space after I hit a lovely shot (really luck) on to the green on one of the par 4s. This put a little downer on the day but a great time was had!

First time playing the course

11hcp and 22hcp really enjoyed the course. Good generous greens will be fast in the summer. No fantastic holes but no bad ones. Out in the country lots of wildlife very friendly club. In good condition and we will play again.

North Ascot, Windsor and Maidenhead