Rye Hill Golf Club - Championship Course

Yellow 72 6739 yards
Blue 73 5982 yards
Red (W) 72 5667 yards
Scorecard for Rye Hill Golf Club
White M: 73.8/124 436 411 151 531 388 393 385 542 446 3683 361 514 167 440 399 465 340 139 396 3221 6904
Yellow M: 72.5/122 430 405 144 525 381 361 378 535 441 3600 352 503 161 434 383 456 330 134 386 3139 6739
Blue M: 67.9/115 361 395 140 500 355 354 275 455 330 3165 290 447 146 440 362 336 287 126 383 2817 5982
Red M: 66.2/113 W: 70.2/118 361 334 137 441 294 325 282 459 335 2968 294 445 150 370 366 336 288 128 322 2699 5667

Year Built 1992
Architect Donald Steel

Go big or go home

This course allows you to really get your Driver out and swing away making it a lot of fun playing from the tips. Course was in great condition. Well marked and fun. Greens are in good shape, just a little slow as they adjust back to the usual English weather. Would I play again? You bet I would. 15 minutes from my doorstep, I’m more than likely will make it my home track.

Great condition - greens excellent

Booked to play on my own- joined 3 members at the 13th and was welcomed and they were frin fly and a great group.

The course is fair and in great condition - greens true and also kept very well.

It’s a lovely club house - need a few more things in the pro shop maybe but there’s all you need if you forget something.

If I was planning on staying in the area permenantly i would look to join as a member.

Play pace - not slow really but busy of course as expected for a Sunday morning.

Great course,nice people and facilities great too - well worth playing!

Hadn't played at Rye Hill for many years and was really surprised by it's progress.

Really enjoyed my round of golf, the course layout was good with lots of really good holes. The condition was generally good and the greens were excellent and a good pace. The staff were really good and the course was great value and very enjoyable. I'll definitely be back.

Great Views

Had a decent enough round, there are a few blind holes but no course guide or map available which was a shame.

Big wide fairways on a number of holes. Greens were decent running true with some difficult reads.

Holes 10-14 I think had seen a bit of water and not really drained off properly.

I reckon after a few more weeks of decent weather it will firm up and be a really good challenge.

Had a pint in the bar after, it wasn't staffed but someone quickly came over from the Pro Shop and served us.

Golf at its Best!

A fabulously peaceful rural setting with views across the Oxfordshire countryside, although not busy on the Saturday afternoon I visited, this was an excellent 'find'. Long course but some good driving holes to good wide fairways, starting quite flat but that changes, so save some energy for later! Being very well maintained throughout, with good tees, bunkers and just the sounds of nature to accompany, this is how golf should be played. Adding the friendly service I received in the clubhouse, there was nothing not to enjoy.... play here before everyone else knows about this course, you will not be disappointed!

Excellent greens

We tried Rye Hill Golf Club for the first time and found the staff very welcoming & helpful and the course was reasonable condition for mid January!. Only down side was the last five holes were being protected as a precaution and we played 1 to 5 twice to compensate!. We all really enjoyed the course and found the greens in excellent condition!. We will return, hopefully to find a decent lager in the bar!!!

Cheers

Hidden gem

Gŕeat course and sadly underused.staff very friendly.greens in excellent condition.

John and wife.

Will return

A very enjoyable round. Fairways are generous, but if you miss them by much say goodbye to your ball. Course was in nice condition and there were some very interesting holes. The course was deserted. Playing by myself on a Saturday morning, I finished my round in 2 1/2 hours, encountering just one group who called me straight through.

several holes rather long for an old man like me. Greens in good condition

nice open course, not busy

We played here 25/05/17, we only saw 4 other cars in the car park and only 2 other parties on the nice open course.

The course has wide open fairways in very good condition, the greens are also well kept. There are no water hazards to speak of but there are well positioned bunkers.

A very good course for beginners or those wanting to hone their game, possibly not challenging for low handicap players but fine for our party.

Friendly and welcoming staff in the clubhouse. Apparently this course has reopened recently under new management, well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Great course, in great condition

Awesome first visit here, had a great round. I was really pleasantly surprised at the quality of this course, there was greenkeepers everywhere, the condition of the course is excellent and surrounded by some beautiful countryside. I'll definitely be back.

great course nice greens

a great course with challenging holes and large greens and big bunkers very good condition.plays long off the whites,but some of the yellows have been reduced to make a shorter round.I have played there a few times recently and the prices seem to vary alot so check before you pay and play.

Enjoyable

Nice layout with some great holes, looking forward to playing it again .

Very enjoyable long course

The course was in great condition, 7000 yards long and challenging greens.

The course would benefit from more hazards, extra bunkers and some water but the length adds complexity.

We'll definitely visit again.

Full marks

I've played here several times before and always love coming back.

It always surprises me that the car park isn't packed when I pull in as Rye Hill GC is hands down one of the best courses in the area and for the cost when booking through TeeOffTimes you feel you're on to a winner. Just about every time I've played here, midweek and over the weekend, I've basically had the course to myself. I've never had to wait for players in front (and I like to play quite quickly) or felt pressured to kick-on by those behind which makes for a very relaxed atmosphere and a great round of golf.

The staff are brilliant, you get a warm welcome and a quick talk about the course and the layout by the Pro if it's your first time there. The Pro Shop is very well equipped, there is a driving range where you have to hire balls I believe or you can take your own, putting green etc.

It was cold, wet and snowing when I played. The course is in very good condition. The greens are still running true and holding up nicely. The back tees are in very good knick as usual, however the front tees are temporary from what I noticed, still they were in average condition. The fairways are the best I've played on this winter, they were firm under foot which was greatly appreciated - no wet & muddy shoes at the end of the round! I really enjoy the layout, it's a good balance even playing off the back tees and I like the fact that the Par 3's aren't ridiculously long either.

I will definitely be back again soon. It's a great course.

Great round of golf

First time for 4 years and what an improvement!

Friendly pro explaing tee changes and warm welcome.

Course has had a severe makeover with the rough manicured. The greens were smooth and true and quite fast considering all the rain we had this week. The airline did not work hard to clean my shoes and trolley.

Clubhouse staff were friendly and helpfull and a great sausage batch. No cask ale on but hopefully that will change.

We will definitely be going back soon

Wiggington, Cherwell