Slope N/A

Year Built 1990

Restaurant

Clubhouse

Nice parkland course

Lovely course and great for intermediate players - plenty of wide fairways and not too many hazards. Some big par 5 holes

Great Value Fourball

It had rained a lot over the past few days but the course was still very playable. Nice to play a long course off the yellow tees for a change and a course which is set up so you can open your shoulders up off the tee box without fear of losing your ball if your slightly off the fairway. Staff very friendly - excellent value for money ! Our Fourball will be back.....

pity

took my grandson for a surprise game, I Knew ir wasn't my day i had to return home i had forgotten buggy seat (48mile roundtrip), tted off 1 hour late, it rained for most of the game, lost five balls and my towel, My gandson beat me 3 and 1., did i enjoy it ? brilliant day, conditions were a bit wet but greens and tees were fine. I'll be back

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Average golfer

Played the course after heavy rain day before and the worms were out in force. Which did means the green keeper had his work cut out around the greens to maintain the high standards around the rest of the course. Enjoyed the round and for the average golfer the course fairways are very obliging to the odd wayward shot .

Tee time cancelled

Didn’t get to go as the course administrator rang to cancel due to waterlogged course. Tried to ring golf now to reclaim my money but no answer. Maybe you could publish your Uk contact number on the app

Plays Twice a year
Difficulty Extremely Easy

friendly club

had not played here for 9 months and was made very welcome as a visitor with clear access instructions during covid 19
course was nicely presented

15 years later

Returned after not playing for a lot of years, this course has matured into a great parkland course, very well maintained with friendly staff and members...

Very disappointed

Very disapointing. Arrived and registered, got a coffee before we played. We were then informed that the back 9 holes were closed to top dress the greens. We fully understand the need to carry out maintenance but would not have booked had we know. We were told that Golf Now had been informed two weeks prior so would have expected this information to be on the website when booking.

Disappointing

We turned up on a whim without a tee time and the chap behind the bar was great in getting us on the course straight away, we paid £20 each, which was to be expected, our memories of the course are fantastic.

I'll start with the positives, as 2 players who were members here for over 10 years it's great to see how the course has grown, it's been 6 years since we last played here. The fairways were firm and you got great value for being straight off the tee, the growth in turn has lead to the disappearance of a great amount of free drop zones which is always sure to make a round more challenging.

It's unfortunate that that's where the positives end, the Greens were in a dreadful condition, bar the 16th, 17th & 18th which all rolled very true. My playing partner & I are both handy players & know the greens very well, we must have each played 300+ rounds here & it was unsettling that you couldn't hit a straight putt from 3ft and be assured it would go in the hole, the unevenness of the putting surfaces was shocking. The greens were also very 2 paced, you could hit a putt from 30ft on 1 hole and be within 5ft, you'd have a similar putt on the next hole and be either 15ft short or 15ft past, it quite literally was hit & hope.

The tee boxes were also unfortunately a mess, on some of them it wa so hard to find a solid footing and the amount of divots not repaired on the boxes themselves was terrible. I understand with Covid there are no sandboxes left on the tees but the green staff can surely do a better job with maintenance themselves.

It's sad that a course that was once the envy of many clubs has fallen into such a state, we felt sorry for the members that still pay substantial fees every year & are just not getting any reward. It's always been a very small green keeping team at Scarthingwell in comparison with other clubs & it's something the owners really must address if the course is to get back to its peak condition of 8-10 years ago.

While the course is in this condition the club should really look at lowering the green fees to a fairer rate, you get far superior courses in the area such as Wetherby & Garforth for a similar price green fee & they remain courses in fantastic condition.

Nice park land course

Fiat course with wide fairways great for big hitters or those who can be a bit wayward.. Greens were good and we enjoyed our day out

excellent walking course.

Great course for walking as very flat. Excellent layout and will play again.

Sand play

This is the third time I’ve played this course. It has a nice vibe. Play was steady. Fairways were in the best condition I’ve played here. Greens have a lot of sand on though. Somehow caught up 4 holes to the play in front? So hit some slow play. So it was a shame that the two Brian DeChambeau’s ahead held up play thinking they could reach the greens in one shot? They couldn’t. They unfortunately backed up the play behind and even the chap trying to cut the fairways. This doesn’t take away playing the course again. It’s a forgiving course. Wide fairways. Lovely scenery.

Very late info

The course blamed GolfNow, I recieved a call on the morning of play to say there were only 9 holes in play due to course improvements, why would anyone do this at this time when courses have been closed for months? we were offered a 9 hole rain check ticket, we were travelling quite a way to play and my two colleagues had already set off, I asked why we were not informed earlier as I booked this three days earlier they blamed GolfNow as they had informed you weeks ago and you are not putting this on your website, absolutely ridiculous, we should have had a free round given to us, hope someone sees this and saves other people the hardship

Excellent VFM

Great course and in good condition given the recent weather... Greens need a little work as not running true but otherwise excellent...

Stroke Index seems a little off for challenge of holes but again overall excellent

Perfect club, only a shame I live in Leeds. Played with my dad who currently has a hernia so the wide fairways and flatness really benefitted. We thoroughly enjoyed it, didn’t play as long as the card suggested which was nice, with some very tricky bunkers in front of greens on approach.

Greens were in good condition, with fairways nice, short and fluffy, tee boxes could maybe do with some TLC but that’s only think I can rate down.

Pace of play was good and when it wasn’t 2 members allowed us through, they were very friendly. Gentleman who was in pro shop was a very good bloke and made everything straight forward.

Shame spikes bar wasn’t open for the 19th... but there’s always a next time.

I would definitely recommend this course and will definitely be returning - Thank you.

Jamie