Seaford Head Golf Club

White 68 5812 yards
Yellow 71 5622 yards
Red (W) 71 5078 yards
Scorecard for Seaford Head Golf Club
White M: 68.2/115 400 316 279 176 488 394 339 343 331 3066 143 366 110 478 359 397 151 289 489 2782 5848
Yellow M: 67.5/111 386 310 270 167 479 370 339 330 300 2951 127 356 104 452 345 380 143 282 482 2671 5622
Red W: 66.1/111 366 254 255 153 440 370 308 274 250 2670 103 303 101 436 299 355 110 261 440 2408 5078

Year Built 1887

Dress code No jeans and golf shoes only

Glorious October day

Apart from the irritation of a couple of temporary greens while they were being spiked the course was in fine shape on this glorious October day. Shooting my best score probably helped!

Well kept course, great views

This course has stunning views and is entertaining to play. It can be windy.

Well maintained fairways and greens

Perfect conditions friendly staff amazing views and a good golfing and physical challenge

Dry even after morning downpour

After incessant rain in the morning our foursome played at 2 on a dry course apart from a couple of puddly bunkers. Hugely enjoyable as usual. Not the most challenging but always interesting holes and the best views in Sussex golf

Stunning views all day

Played this course many times but despite the 6 weeks of drought I have rarely experienced it in better shape. Greens in perfect condition. Plays easily when the ball runs for miles as it did today so by no means the most challenging. The iconic 18th is worth the trip on its own. New clubhouse a definite improvement.

Fantastic views and good value

I have played here a few times now and it was fairly easy if you are straight and there is no wind. It was tough last time as I wasn’t so straight and a sea mist came in after the 9th and couldn’t see 100 yds. So missed the views. Greens were lush and consistent. Will probably return soon.

Beautiful Course

The course is amazingly situated overlooking the South Down and Seven Sisters. The course was in brilliant condition and we thoroughly enjoyed our round.

Course with great views

Played in fine sunny weather with only a little breeze, thoroughly enjoyed my first round here. Although some elevation, it was mostly gentle so not too exhausting. Course in very good condition especially the greens.

Good value. Course in great condition

I played the course mid afternoon on a saturday. We went out as a two ball and we teed off behind a fourball. Even being behind a fourball we were round in 3 1/4 hours. This was a really good links course. The wind was blowing but not to strong. Bearing in mind the amount of rain we have had over the last 3 months. The course was in excellent condition. The greens were good and fairly quick. There were some great risk and reward holes. The only disappointment was they didnt have any course guides. As we hadnt played there befor there are a few blind shots. Not for those who are not good on the hills as you have heart attack the 12 which is a par three straight up a steep hill. The 18 is a par 5 which drops some 150-200 feet from tee to green.

I will certainly be back as it is fantastic value for money. I booked through golfnow and paid £34 for the two of us.

Glorious views

We saw this course at its very best on a day of beautiful sunshine and gentle breeze. The course is challenging enough under these ideal conditions but I know from my one previous experience of it in the wind and rain that it can be extremely tricky. The course was in fabulous condition, the greens were lush and rather slow but consistent and fair. Venturing into the rough was invariably fatal and finding level ground was a rarity but stay on the fairways and good scoring was not too hard. Having only played the course once before and that many years ago, more signs for next holes and a map on the card would have been welcomed. My son who shot one of his best scores and wanted to keep the card was also a little disappointed that it appeared to be a poor quality photocopy. The views were worth the green fees on their own and the 18th is as spectacular a tee as I've seen on a golf course. Get your drive away here and all is well with the world! The clubhouse was welcoming, has a good menu and of course stunning views. All in all, highly recommended especoally in benign weather conditions.

Good course

Presentation of the course - greens and fairways - was very good. Bit windy which made it a bit of a challenge. Some of climbing. Professional very accommodating and bar staff very friendly. Will play it again.

Seaford head hole 18 is one you won't forget

The day was not good but keep on reading.we arrived early so we could eat first as it was my birthday. 14.00 came it was not going to rain till 17.00. As we entered the first tee down came the rain everyone came to a standstill. By four holes we were drenched even with coats on. (Shame I was doing well but could take no more). Anyway I can tell you as I have played the course many times it is a fun course with beautiful views and you gave me the round at a great price. Tell people to play it there are some ordinary holes but there are some great holes as well. All I can say is give it a go .

Stunning views at Seaford Head

We played on a lovely sunny day, with a very slight breeze, perfect conditions for golf. The two of us virtually had the course to ourselves, despite teeing off at 2:00pm, which meant we could go at our own pace. The course was in fabulous condition for mid-May, with lovely, soft, receptive well kept greens. There are some parts of the course where there are hilly parts to climb, so it might be worth thinking of a buggy if a flat course can be bit of a struggle. Ultimately you will not only enjoy playing here but be rewarded with the most stunning views form the cliff-tops and an amazing 18th hole finish on.

Amazing views guaranteed!

I've played Seaford Head quite a few times and I love it. Its not the hardest course in the world but the new clubhouse has made this a much improved venue and best is you spend your whole round looking forward to the 18th tee - it is definitely one of the best driving holes in the UK (amazing view from miles up on the Headland, a huge fairway to aim at and a drop that gives your drive huge 'hangtime', a 300yard is drive is easily achievable).

The weather was foggy to start but soon burnt off. It's not a long course and always drains well, so you can score well here. The only problem was the greens which were a little woolly, but it's early in the season.

Great value for money - a must play

Seaford head g.c

We played the day after storm Doris downside was playing off mats course in very good condition beautiful views a good days golf

Very good afternoon golfing, good course and very good value

Seaford, Lewes