Learn more about becoming a member at
Sedgley Golf Centre

Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Year Built 1992

Golf School Academy Yes - "Mark Butler Golf Academy"

Clubhouse

Massive improvement

Massive improvements since take over. Greens are decent now. Good breakfast available. Driving range, mini golf as well

Good course, but opening times inaccurate

Great, well kept 9 hole course. Staff always friendly, but booking via GolfNow can cause an issue - Tee times available up until 1900, but course closes at 2000 in the summer. Don’t book a late tee time because it takes 90 minutes to get round this hilly course.

Far better than expected

So I read a couple of reviews before booking and to be honest wasn't expecting much. As I only wanted to play 9 holes with the Mrs (I know I'm mad) I booked anyway. I was really shocked at how good the course is. It's a difficult little course that will test every aspect of your game. The fairways are good and short but the greens impressed me more than anything. They were immaculate. The driving range is a good size and ideal for a hit before you get out. A great course all in all

Much improved

Over the years Sedgley has suffered from poor management and lack of investment but the current owners are well into their regeneration of the course and the club as a whole, major investment in machinery is now paying dividends with it now, in my opinion the best 9 hole course for miles, it's a good walk and pretty hard to find a ball if you're offline but the condition of the course has never been better.
off the course it's a very family run operation and very much a community feel to it. for those who played it over 3 years ago should really give it a go.

Very disappointed

On arrival looked ok with decent driving range, however there was no signs to direct you to first tee box. When arrived at first tee we saw that the tee boxes where not number for the hole,fairways were not cut to a good length and it was like playing out of the rough, when we approached the first green we found it wasn't a green at all it was a large patch of compressed mud and very little grass with very little roll, having completed first hole we moved to the second hole again not knowing which direction to go in due to lack of signage, we played our shots to the green and found the second green was in the same sorry state as the first, and this time we were very disappointed and not enjoying the game as we should, we then made the trip to the third hole, again not knowing which way to go, when we reached the tee box we looked down on a short par 3 hole and found that the green again was in very poor condition so we then mad the call to finish and go to Dudley golf course which we payed the same price for a much better course.

If anyone wants to play this course I would not bother going here, you can play 9 holes at rowely Regis golf range (Sandwell pines) for a lot less money and it's in better condition that this one

Penn Common, South Staffordshire