Southwell Golf Club

Year Built 1993

Foggy Morning

Despite the foggy weather today I had a great round at Southwell....the course was in great condition and the greens very receptive and approachable which set me up for a great round of golf...this is the 3rd time I have played here and each time it gets better....it’s a great course for any level of golfer and I am already looking forward to returning...a great day of golf of today!

Very cold Day

Very good course and great value for money...looked to be kept in great condition...was a freezing day so greens very quick as frozen...loved the front 9 inside the racecourse...back 9 a lot tighter and trickier to navigate....a great course for all levels...will be back (was a little disappointed with the group in front of me...members I think playing a 3 ball and playing extremely slow and not allowing me to play through...caused a very slow back 9 A’s was always waiting up to 10 minutes on every tee box)

My round at Southwell

Great place really worth the money we paid very welcoming staff and excellent manners plus the free sausage rolls where a bonus only wish weather would have better would have made topped the day off nicely
Would definitely play again

Hidden gem

Was surprised the course was so quiet as it's a really good challenge. Lots of holes that get you thinking versus some courses where it's driver on every hole. Definitely worth a knock.

This course is long and flat

I visited with a friend for the first time and, as we are both in our 70s, were pleasantly surprised at its long and flat geography. We walked the course as we played and found the first nine holes well maintained and the greens in excellent condition. The holes are in the centre of the racecourse and the signatory seventh is a daunting one, a short par three over a pond and onto a smallish undulating green, fun to play and needing a strong short iron, not easy for us, we lost four balls to the pond!! The second nine were surrounded by woodland and enjoyable, fairways wide enough but not too wide. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable day and we will visit again. The golf pro was very helpful on arrival and advised us of how the course was playing and the difficulties of certain holes. Unfortunately we did not have time to use the clubhouse facilities so cannot comment but from the outside it looks clean and tidy and was not busy, it was 3pm.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020