Stapleford Abbotts Golf Club - Abbotts Course
|Red (W)||72||5609 yards|
|Black M: 70.7/121||422||190||521||403||400||175||464||356||324||3255||302||400||445||127||487||153||398||427||513||3252||6507|
|White M: 70.0/119||361||175||506||385||382||166||433||336||314||3058||287||352||433||117||473||136||387||401||485||3071||6129|
|Red W: 70.2/119||277||158||471||345||369||129||433||319||303||2804||269||341||402||94||461||120||326||340||452||2805||5609|
Available FacilitiesClubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities
Very Good Course with variety of challenges
Great course with some good challenges along the way.
Not every hole is a driver. You need to consider other clubs off the tee. Difficult for faders of the ball, as the holes seem to be either straight or dog leg left.
Greens were good but should be better considering e break from traffic they have had.
Not a bad course at all. Decent enough for the money and in reasonable nick. Greens were a little patchy and dry but I’ll put it down too the current situation.
Unfortunately completely spoiled by how overbooked it was. In the end 5 hours for a 2 ball!!!! 2 four balls right in front playing like donuts and countless groups waiting behind us. Not good, needs to be sorted.
NEEDS A LOT OF WORK
• i spent quite an enjoyable morning on the course, despite some seniors’ competition going on ahead of us. pace of play was good - all things considered - except for a few times when the group ahead of us were having a drink of water or adding up their scores on the side of the greens instead of doing so on the next tee;
• the layout is not too bad, however i had the feeling it plays a lot shorter than the advertised 6,500 yards. i’m not a big fan of alternating really short and really long par 4s. a lot of water and hazard areas, which is always good;
• the fairways were good, albeit a bit dry and patchy;
• the greens were medium-fast, however i was almost forced to chip on a few of them due to cracks or missing patches.
• the staff was friendly, and it looks like there are a lot of activities going on in and around the place, which makes it quite vibrant, i really liked that;
• it looked like they were working on a few tees, which can only be a good thing;
• i’m sure i will give it another shot at some point this year, but if you are really passionate about your golf this is not the best place to do it on;
Glad we found you
First course to play after lockdown and what a place to start playing again. The place is immaculate. Highly recommended. It's right up there in my list. We'll done
Good Round after lockdown
Played the day after lockdown and it was the busiest golf course I’ve ever been on understandably.
Still managed a decent round and the condition was good.
Greens were a little wooly but you’d expect that as they’d been allowed to grow and recover from the poor winter we had.
Overall a good afternoon out.
A little Gem
What a little gem this course is. Well looked after with some tricky holes to play!! Just a pretty course to play and looking forward to returning to it.
Boys day out
Good day in the sun, course condition was good greens ran true a little slow on a few. Nice wide fairways with a few dog-leg holes so iron selection comes into play. Will play again
Booked tee for 10.53 arrived at 1st tee with a queue 10 deep waiting to tee off. Got away at 11.15 at every hole 20minute wait. By the time we got to the 11th at 16.15 walked off. Silly busy totally overbooked.
Weekday twilight event
Much better than first outing, maybe because knew course. Lot’s if wildlife, no one in front or behind. Greens a bit fluffy, but course generally in good nick. Will be back
This was my second time of playing the course. First time , was a nice change and thoroughly enjoyed a different task. However this time around was appalling. Obviously with the pandemic, it’s hit the course hard financially. They completed overbooked the course with 4 balls and 2 balls sharing same tee times.
We waited 25 mins to tee off and then every hole after wards was at least a 20 minute wait before you could play the next hole. In the end my playing partner and I decided enough was enough and had to leave after hole 6. It took us just under 3 hours to finish 6 holes.
On top of that the greens were like rugs. So overgrown and gritty, it was like putting through the first cut of rough.
Seriously disappointed with this course as first time was a good experience, there is much better courses in Essex then this one so will not be playing here for a while if not ever.
First game after lockdown. Good first impression got a beer and a sandwich which was a plus. Course was generally in good condition could do with a good watering in places some greens were in bad condition but good value overall will definitely play here again
Great value, good condition. Decent mix of holes. Lots of water to try and sometimes fail to avoid. A fair test for an 18-handicapper like me. Staff friendly. Had a great time and will definitely return.
What a great course loads of interesting holes well looked after great greens they do a 4 day membership i am looking into joining
To many dog legs right to left
Nice course in good condition, greens OK well kept. Not my kind of course though as a lot of holes right to left, I like to draw the ball, so doesn't suit my game. Will still play occasionally as good price.
Absolute cracker of a course! Loved every minute of it and alma arms does a spectacular pie and pint after !! Fabulous day booked again tomorrow!! Winner