Style Parkland
De Vere Staverton Estate Golf Club

Year Built 1977
Architect Jonathan Gaunt (2000) Steve Marnoch John Harris (1977)

Excellent Greens

Excellent value for money with good pace of play.

My only small gripe would be i thought the bunkers could be improved by removing alot of weeds in the middle of some and cutting around the edges.

Played of 18 handicap and scored 32 stabelford points.

Thoroughly enjoyed playing staverton again yesterday. Tees and greens and fairways were in excellent condition for the time of the year. Pace of play was great considering the amount of 4 balls ahead of us. No issues there. We were however disappointed at the lack of food available in the clubhouse after playing. We were told they don’t serve food in the winter. Given the popularity of the course I find it difficult to believe there wouldn’t be the demand for even a basic selection of food.

Enjoyable Round

Winter conditions, a very windy (25mph) cool day. Only played this course 3 times before (24 handicap) and find it a fair course, it is a challenge but generous fairway widths help. The tee boxes in good condition. The greens do vary in pace and condition but generally fairly good for this time of year. My golf buddy and I enjoyed the round and look forward to playing again shortly. Good value through GolfNow Hot deal.

Staverton in Winter / Spring

Played Staverton 1 March 2019, lovely layout and amenities plus staff were very friendly. The fairways and greens were firm although the fairways had been spiked and green needle tined.
Look forward to playing in the summer when the greens should be fast, true and perfect. Would rate this fantastic value for money, only downside was the needle tined greens.

Outstanding

Outstanding condition given the time of year and the £10 green fee. Greens were lightning fast. Not the longest course in the world but tight fairways kept it challenging and entertaining!

I will certainly be returning.

Great Course Condition

Played here for the 1st time in years...used the new bypass (A45) to get there which was not even under construction last time i visited.
Saw a previous Dec 2018 review which said course was in good condition, so i took a punt.
Course was great, groundstaff need pay rise.
Tees good, greens good, fairways good.
Great tee price.
Shame that the drinks bill is circa £5/pint.
Will look to play again, but probably drink elsewhere.

Great greens

lovely course considering the amount of rain we’ve had in the last week. highly recommended. Very fair fairways and run-off areas. I suppose at these type of golf establishments they want to encourage continuous play. The only criticism I would have is that The golf club had no kitchen facilities when we arrived around midday. The only thing we could get was a cup of coffee from a vending machine. Didn’t have time to go into hotel.

Fantastic!

Considering the time of year the course was in great condition. I couldn’t recommend it more!

Quality Course in quality settings

Really enjoyed playing Staverton, for mid-November the greens were very good, as was the fairways & first cuts. I noticed that bunker mid-round the course had less sand in or just wasn’t raked regular. That would be my only gripe. I would defo recommend this place to friends and would play here again.

What a gem!

On of the best courses I have played this year!
18 very different holes all a good test of golf. The greens were in excellent condition receptive fair and true. Some of the best I have played in a long time. The course is fairly hilly so a buggy came in handy. There was plenty of run on the fairways for mid November and the green staff were in evidence all round the course mowing and keeping the leaves in check. The practice facilities are very good all adjacent to the club house with a new fleet of buggies for hire. I would suggest a call before you play to check they are allowed on the course. At £10 pp this is fantastic value for money. We will definitely return in the new year.

Back nine bandits

Love this course and the only gripe was groups jumping on the back nine which resulted in a very ,very slow finishing nine.

Great golf course..

This golf course keeps you interested the whole way through your round. Great layout of holes that test all departments of your game. The views of the surrounding countryside are wonderful particularly on the opening holes. The condition of the tees, fairways and greens are a credit to the ground staff given the very dry periods this summer. The staff and members that we met were all very friendly and we’ll definitely be coming back... great value for money!

Shame About The Bar

Good value, nice course with tricky greens. Only disappointment was both bars in the clubhouse closed for a private function.

Cheap & very cheerful

The course is in fantastic condition. I even played Celtic Manor the week before and with all the rain we have had Staverton was in far better condition.

Very good condition for winter

Enjoyed the course on my first time of playing. Perhaps avoid Tuesday mornings as I was stuck behind the Seniors' comp. in winter this is only 9 holes (a friendly senior informed me on the joint 9th/18th tee) so enjoyed the freedom of the back nine. To be fair the back nine is more enjoyable but it's a good layout with challenges for every level of player.

extremely slow...

The course itself is lovely and in fantastic condition however it doesn't matter how nice it is if the only thing they're interested in is money. they don't control the tee slots at all they just send as many golfers out as they can and you end up with a large queue on the first tee resulting in extremely slow and painful rounds and unfortunately we ended up walking of the course again! This has happened to often now and it's a real shame because i do enjoy the course but it's only as good as its managed, and this case not very well.

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.