Stoke Rochford Golf Club

White 70 6313 yards
Yellow 70 6133 yards
Red (W) 72 5447 yards
Scorecard for Stoke Rochford Golf Club
White M: 68.7/117 413 499 169 473 377 421 195 312 342 3201 432 332 139 272 457 360 524 192 404 3112 6313
Yellow M: 66.2/114 406 484 161 463 370 401 190 305 339 3119 423 323 123 260 450 353 503 181 398 3014 6133
Red W: 65.1/109 350 422 152 454 322 383 118 241 302 2744 367 309 106 201 419 328 429 169 375 2703 5447

Year Built 1924

Good October Day

Hadn’t played her for a couple of years and wasn’t disappointed.

Friendly staff and Good Bacon and Sausage baps with coffee on arrival. Course in reasonable condition considering the recent dry spell. We were lucky with the weather with some sunny periods. And the four ball game was halved on the 18th!

Great course with very friendly people

Great price for a 4 ball, excellent condition, greens lightning quick.

The best course I have played on this year!

Great Course Friendly People

Played the course during a hot spell greens remained in good condition, fairways effected by lack of rain but still very playable followed ladies competition group speed of play very good the feature holes excellent will definitely like to play it again sometime.

Great golf course

Having played the game for many years - this really is an exceptional place to play. Huge scale, very visible and tolerant of off gateway shots - and gorgeous views everywhere! Rolling parkland with wonderful mature trees in evidence throughout.

Variety

Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Friendly members and staff which when added to the condition of the course and variety of holes meant our four ball had a great day.

It's a shame you can't switch off the noise from the A1 at the bottom of the course but the location and beauty of the parkland made up for it.

I'm not sure about the semi rough being allowed to grow all the way across the fairway on a couple of the closing holes but I'm sure there must be some good reason!

Definitely will play again.

I've played this course 4 times and what a great find it is and very good conditions with testing greens will definitely be back.

Stoke Rochford, near Grantham

A hidden gem of a course in beautiful condition. Rolling hillsides and a lovely view of the stunning Stoke Rochford Hall. It was a fairly quiet day on the course and all of the holes bar 1 were challenging for two 20 handicapers. Slightly difficult to get to as the club house is on the busy northbound A1, but definitely worth it. We played there for my brothers 50th birthday present, and both really enjoyed it. Clubhouse was open and we also had lunch as well, definitely recommend if you can get the 'hot' deal we got via this booking site, we paid £17 each, walk in price was £40.

Great layout and condition

I played this course with my friend. We both felt the course was in excellent condition and was well maintained. The greens were good and the overall feel of the course was that you would expect to pay more for.

The views of the Hall and the parkland surroundings are enjoyable. Very easy to get to but you need to be aware of the quick turn off from the A1 North.

Only one minor issue, the two members of staff in the pro-shop seemed unaware of me while I waited to confirm the tee booking.

One to play

Sunday morning, no issues and the course in very good condition. Not overly long and a number of good holes. Greens in very good nick and halfway house was excellent and for once good value. Course overall was very God and would happily play again.

Great course set out fantastically with some lovely holes and views. Shame the seniors event in front was very slow 4.5 hour round. We wee booked off at11 but they teed off 11 mins late so decided to play17 and 18 first in there 4 balls and held us up by 20 mins.

Some of the members had attitude to visitors but in general most were friendly.

Convenient and very nice course

Chose this course as mid way between Cambridge and Sheffield so that I could meet up with my son. On registration, the golf shop was very friendly. The course was in great condition and the speed of play was great as we were not pushed at any stage. The course is quite hilly (compared to Cambridge!) and when the wind got stronger it became increasingly challenging for a couple of 18 handicappers! Lovely club house also

Excellent value for money

My friend and I played here on a Monday morning it was like playing millionaires golf, apart from a couple of four balls the only other people we saw were grounds staff. The course was in very good condition and i would say fairly challenging especially made more difficult with the wind we were experiencing on the day. The greens are well kept, the undulations made you really consider your putts.

In terms of facilities, the half way house was closed, probably due to the amount of people on the course, however they have a good clean changing area and the guys in the shop were very obliging and helpful.

A very enjoyable day and we will definitely be going back to play again.

Stoke Rockford , lee gayton

My wife and I played this course the for first time on Saturday 6th May 2017.

The course was in outstanding condition. We found the course very exciting and challenging. You most definitely need to use the ground to your advantage, as there are some opportunities for considerable error. I would most definitely recommend taking a GPS, as I forgot mine ! Big mistake as the pro shop doesn't stock yardage books.

Course condition was fabulous and I would like to thank the green staff for keeping it so, the greens were fast and loved the challenging ground course layout. The half way house was a welcome rest stop - Fresh food served with Vivian's genuine friendly hospitality was a refreshing change.

If we weren't already members of 2 local clubs then we'd most definitely join here - we loved every minute of it.

The only negative I felt was there was no driving range to warm up, although there are a couple of netted bays

Practice putting green was spot on though I cannot comment on the chipping area, as we didn't use it.

Never fails

Just a great round again at this gem of a track. Such a fantastic layout with some really interesting holes... really makes you think too. Greens shaping up well for the summer so I will be back very soon .

Great coures

I played with friends yesterday we had a great time until a member of the golf course came over to us and told us to "move on as we was playing slow" we was 3 holes ahead of then and 2 holes ahead on the next party.

But over all we had a really good round of golf

The course was in excellent condition

Thoroughly enjoyed the day was well received the club house very busy they had a visiting society good atmosphere

Lovely game

We'd just like to express that we thoroughly enjoyed visiting and playing Howells. The staff was very welcoming and helpful, the course is mature and beautiful, every hole was unique.......

If we lived closer we would be members....

Also a big thank you to the lady who made us the bacon sandwiches even though the kitchens weren't open....

10/10 a little gem

Jeff Warren/Phil Taylour. Doncaster

Hidden Gem

Great course, some challenging holes and great views.

Top bacon rolls and coffee on the 10th :-)

I've played Stoke Rochford once before and I have to say what a brilliant golf course it is on all levels! It was damp under foot today but the course still played well!

Some really competitive holes but some very beautiful and pictures holes!

I bet this is a cracking golf course in summer and a real credit to Stoke Rochford for maintaining such a beautiful course!

I can't wait to return here again! X

Adequate for my 1 night stay

Course empty, muddy in places but very enjoyable. Fabulous views of the mansion and various waterways.

Have played here before and will play here again.

Ropsley, South Kesteven