Type Private

Year Built 1896

Bar, Snacks

Clubhouse, Locker Rooms

Very belittling

enjoyed the 1st 9 holes until we got to go around again there were 4 old men waiting on the 1st tee they asked what time we tee'd off so I said 9am it was about 11am and considering we kept up with the 2 ball infront of us he said we could go infront of them this time but next time remember we are only a loud 1hr 50mins to get around 9 holes then another of them piped up and said we were lucky we didn't get a £25 fine WOW....on a positive note we were let through by 3 lovely ladys who were very polite and made us feel welcome which is more i can say about the old men who made us feel belittled and un welcome!!

Nice course with a few challenges

A nice challenging course with good layout, 9 holes but we could go back 9 again so 18 holes in total. A very enjoyable game of golf with some good par 4 holes.

Great condition

Great little course recommend you give this course a go. Awesome!!

Excellently presented coirse, 9 hole but with 2 tee placements makes for an interesting and challenging 18 holes.

Not for us and they don't seem to be oganised

Unfortunately booking on Golf now for this course appears to be a problem for this club.
Not the best of welcomes and a competition was in full swing. Lots of confusion and questions.
I would not be booking this again and i will stick to my usual course.

Decent for the price.

I've played here a couple times recently and got tee times for £13 which I consider a good price to pay. The course is only 9 holes but you use 18 different tees which makes up for it being only 9 holes. The layout of the course is OK too and people of all standards could enjoy a knock here. The conditions are fine although the greens are slow but they roll fine.
Two groups of members let me through this time and all members I've seen have been polite and seem freindly enough.
The main let down is a lack of a proper putting green and decent practise facilities. I've not used to bar or restaurant but they look fine.
Overall I think it's definitely worth the £13 but if £20 or over there is better courses in the area for about that price.

A little bit wet

Not bad but not great. Quite a lot of rain recently which made this track a bit boggy. Lots of winter tees, not great for a nine hole course with eighteen different tees but to be fair the greens were in decent condition for this time of year. Would like to play again in better weather.

Enjoyable round

Good, enjoyable round. Greens played well considering the weather

Pleasant round at Stone

I always enjoy a round here, even if I often seem to play poorly for some reason at this course like today.
The course played well, soft going with a bit of run here and there off the fairway. The greens were good and the course was surprising quiet for such a nice day. I'll be back though.

Fairways excellent for this time of year, ground staff working tirelessly for getting ready for spring. The bunkers were the best looking, the best I've seen for a while, Anywhere... and playing out of was easy. A credit to the ground staff....
Will hopefully play there again soon

Well manicured 9 holer

After a 1st hole uphill the course levels out to be very walkable. There are trees but they shouldn't interfere too much. The greens were very good and the course was well cared for.
There was no pro shop and no catering on Mondays and worst of all I and my playing partner were treated in an old fashioned private club manner along the lines of 'do we really have to have visitors at the price you paid. ' It appears to be one of the antiquated private clubs with an out of date dress code and who are fast disappearing because of lack of acceptance that we are now in the 21st century. If you can accept that you will be treated in a condescending manner you will enjoy this course. ps You have to be accompanied to the toilets, presumably because of fear that we oyks will trash the changing room. Also, change your shoes in the car park as you cant use the changing rooms!!

Tough round, challenging course

Always find the course challenging, its slightly tougher than the likes of Barlaston, wolstanton, Onneley and Greenway who feature on tee off. Some of the staff were welcoming but did meet some "stuffy" members which was a bit off-putting to be honest. Will still play here again though.

Nice Course

Had the course to ourselves. Temporary tees and greens but to be expected. Good day

The fairways and greens are in great condition

I like to play at stone as it's close to where I live the course is kept in very good condition. What I don't like sometimes is the speed of play and the fact that some of the members won't let play past

A pleasure to play

Stone green staff obviously have a great deal of pride in their work and it shows in the presentation of course. Stone Golf Club is a pleasure to play and a fair challenge of golf for all.

poor golf etiquette from members

I've booked twice here through teeofftimes. The first time I got there is couldn't play because there was a junior event on but I was offered no help to sort a refund out. I gave the course another chance today and played alone but a 4 ball of members in front simply refused to let me play through. They were very slow but just teed off every time I got to the tee behind them. Wouldn't recommend if you are a serious golfer.

Friendly members

A really enjoyable round of 18 holes. Members really proud of their course and helpful when approached.

Stone golf course

A nice course to play a round of golf, the only downside is the members of the golf course are not considerate. There was a 4 ball on the 10th tee with me and they didn't have the courtesy to ask me to play through.

Weather helped

Well kept course.only 9 greens but doesn't have the feel of a 9 holer.some long par fours and wide fairways.only one gripe and that was the greens.they had work done on them which didn't make for a consistent roll.but at this time of year it's commonplace and understandable. We will play here again via teeofftimes.

Stone, Stafford