The Shropshire Golf Centre - Blue Course

Handicap 11 13 17 3 1 15 5 9 7
Par 4 5 3 4 4 4 4 3 5 36 71
Handicap (W) 15 11 17 1 3 9 5 7 13

Year Built 1992
Architect Martin Hawtree (1992)

Single Allowed No

Inteeesting course

The silver course is having work carried out currently, which affects pin positions and quite a few GUR patches, hence low score for course condition. But for £13 pp, it’s good value and should be a lot better next spring!

Arrived to find there was no record of our booking through tee times.We had to play the same 9 twice as there was a big corporate event on the other two loops of 9.

Not a great advert for either the course or tee times communication

Joke

Having been told I was playing the silver followed by the gold course and being someone who hadn't played the course before, on the first tee there was a society teeing off on one course and a free tee on the other. Myself and two others tee'd off on the free tee thinking this was the obvious thing to do. However, three holes in we were told, and I quote "you have taken the wrong route and caused us massive problems", fantastic customer service. When we reached the end of the front 9 we had taken almost exactly 2 hours which is the time given for half a round, meaning that surely we would be able to correct our first time customer mistake and join our round we had booked in the first place. This was not the case. We were told again that it was our fault. We were told that we had caused a hold up to 270 other golfers on the day. And we were told that rather join in behind another three ball on the correct course (just one time slot in front of where we should have been) we would now have to join on the back of 4 four balls, a wait of twenty minutes. We did not do this and walked off the course feeling pretty humiliated by the standards of customer service. In the clubhouse there was no one to talk to about the problem and quite frankly the customer service overall was disgusting. I will not be using this course again, whatever the condition of the course. To tell a first time, and possible repeat customer that they are in the wrong and to humiliate them on the course for everyone else to see is a disgrace.

Early morning round

Played before, tee off 07.30am so clear round, fairways in good condition, greens a little poor, probably due to recent treatment etc, but I'm sure this will improve as it has before when I played. Highly recommend this course, choice of 3 links of 9, will be back in a few weeks to check out the greens !!

Staff didn't seem to like "tee times"

Nice course with lots of dog legs to negotiate.

Issues for our visit - we were booked at tee times for 10:52, when I arrived I was told we were off at 11: 16 and we should have been aware that tee off times can be moved from the the tee off times website. I checked after the round and it says 10 -15 minutes, the receptionist guy intimated we were lucky the tee time wasn't moved forward despite us arriving at 10:30. Not the most welcoming of starts!! Plus we didn't get off until 11:20 ... poor.

The course was nice and there were many engaging holes, however on our back nine (the silver) we were behind a 4 ball and in front of an aggressive 3 ball. We were a 2 ball. Lots of waiting to play shots and having balls land within 50 yards of us. At a par 3 the group behind caught up and asked if they could go ahead of us, as they were about 11 years old we said no but forgave the rudeness, imagine our amazement when the bar served them beer when the round was finished.!!!

On a quiet day this course would have been a 4 star and a lovely test, on the busy Sunday we played, not so good and certainly the chap on reception should work on his customer service skills.....

.....finally for absolute balance - it would have been better if my brother hadn't beaten me!!!!!

Fantastic Course. 27 great holes.

Absolutely excellent course. Only downside was the greens were in bad condition. (Played in winter!)

Shropshire Golf Course

Greens had been treated so.understandably not to usual standard overall course has held up well to wet weather

Course reasonable food rubbish

The blue course greens were terrible they had been hollow tynned but the holes were not filled in with enough sand. had a breakfast before play which was not cheap at £7.50 and when it was served the food was cold and greasy when will people learn to serve hot food onto hot plates

Lilleshall, Newport