1.5
2.3

The Warwickshire Golf & Country Club - Earls Course

Year Built 1994
Architect Karl Litten (1994)

Expensive buggies

£30 for a buggy is just too much. It’s 20-25 at most courses. The course is nice and well kept. Lots of slow play as other have highlighted. And that was midweek so I can only imagine what it’s like at the weekend.

Warwickshire Earls Course

The course was in amazing condition, the facilities were great. Bar staff wasnt particularly attentive and didn’t listen to what we actually ordered.

The golf was great until we had to sit behind a four ball then played very slowly and didn’t allow us through (2 ball) at any point despite being very close on a number of occasions on multiple holes on the back 9!

It meant we had to wait on every tee, on every approach shot and ruined the flow of play...

That being said it was a Saturday, just a shame it slowed us down as it affected the golf we were playing...

Good course but poor service

Turned back from the first tee for not having winter wheels on our trolleys. The pro shop failed to say anything when we checked in or when we called the day previous to check on the course conditions.

The Earls

Course in great condition for this time of year. Greens in very good order, if only I could putt!!

The Warwickshire

For the time of year can't complain.....proper golf course.

Cancelled with poor customer service

Course closed due to frost, which is fair enough but no advance warning either phone, email or website update. No refund either!

Slow Play

played 14 holes in 5 and half hours and had to walk off, and was then refused to be reimbursed .

The Warwickshire - The Earls Course

First time I've played this course and got to say I will definitely be coming back in the warmer months. The course had a great layout and was in really good condition for Novemeber. The only drawback was the greens had just been spiked for Winter apart from that the course was excellent. Highly recommend....

Really good value and testing golf

Myself(15) and a friend(24hcap) had a really good time. Round of golf in 4 hours on a top course. Greens true, bit slow but in great condition for time of year. Fairways in good Nick and bunkers, I found quite a few, plenty of sand and well raked.
Had breakfast at 8.15 prior to round and this was a reasonable cost and good quality, as my mates food and drink after the round.
Lots of different challenging holes.

Turtle pace Members

Played The Earls early on a Friday afternoon and the course was in good condition considering some recent heavy rain. Greens were slow as they had been dressed and narrow tined but as good as you can expect this time of year.

The Earls isn't for the faint hearted especially when it's heavy going, it's long even for decent hitters like my playing partner and I. But a great test and excellent value.

My only gripe is the pace of play. If you are hoping to scoot around relatively quickly forget it. I have never had what I would consider a quick round of golf here unless first off at dawn. Yesterday's issue was following a four ball from the first tee (we were two ball, both single digit handicap) and not once did they appear to consider letting us play through. Admittedly there were four in front of them but nothing in front of that. It's this inconsiderate behaviour that winds me up, growing up playing golf I was always told to allow quicker groups through especially early in the round. We were out there 90mins longer than we would have been had they let us through after a couple of holes.

Having recently returned from a golfing trip to Majorca, I can tell you busy courses are no excuse for slow play, especially with effective marshalling. The Warwickshire marshall's seem to swan about and do nothing to help the pace of play. The only thing I've ever seen them do is ask a playing partner to tuck his shirt in....ok but how about you do something about the 5hr+ rounds of golf.

To summarise, great course(and the Kings is also a good test, if not as long) but allow 5hrs+ because you will need it!

Earls Course

Fantastic parkland course over rolling Warwickshire hills....quite simply the best course I have ever played, above the Belfry and Forest of Arden.

Pace of play lets it down, it took 4.45 for a 3 ball.

Earls, Warwickshire

Course condition extremely poor. Tees and fairways OK but the greens were incredibly sandy and impossible to put on. Worst greens I've ever played on.

They also booked our 2 ball onto another 2 ball booking and expected us to play together. Not too pleased to have to spend 5 hours with 2 strangers.

To add to that, very slow play.

Walked off after 14 holes very unhappy.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020