Style Parkland

Year Built 1909
Architect Simon Gidman

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta

Torquay golf club

Good range of holes.layout of course and some of holes had changed since.last played the played here.good challenge for any handicap.would play again

Great course, friendly members

Played today with my two sons during our Easter break in Brixham. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. From the moment we arrived, all of the members were really friendly and this continued in the clubhouse.

The course was challenging. The strong wind made it difficult and the greens were really hard so we really had to think about our approach shots. The greens were quick and we definitely lost shots on our putting. There are some great views, particularly on the 7th.

We really enjoyed the course and the friendliness of the locals, would definitely recommend.

Nice course greens are amzing

Myself and 2 friends really enjoyed the course. The tree lined fairways and variation in holes really made the course enjoyable with receptive greens that have a true and pure role which I loved.
The only downside we felt was a few holes midway through were it’s cramped in and ur crossing fairways and green off the tee’s and all of our gps devices read the course wrong due to these changes and them not updating the measurements.
But saying that we all said we would play there again.

Plays Once a year

First Game 2018

Great day and great course , first time played this course and first game this year and well worth it. Looking forward to playing here more in the future. Thanks for a great day of relaxation and exercise and great golf.

Pleasant round in beautiful weather

I know the pro staff well at Torquay, and always get a warm welcome. I am a member at Teignmouth but took advantage of the voucher supplied by American Golf, as I hadn't played at Torquay for many years.
Unfortunately nobody else booked in at the same time, so I played on my own.
I thoroughly enjoyed the course which is in excellent condition. They are going through some design changes at the moment, so there a couple of temporary holes, which throws the GPS out a bit, but didn't detract from my enjoyment.

Some great holes.

There are some great holes on this course with views across to Portland and across Torbay.
The greens are true and correct. The second cut rough is a slight bit long perhaps an inch shorter would be punishment enough (just stay out of it ).
The staff are great and welcoming . It seems to have lost that stuffiness image that it had ten years ago.
Well worth a visit.

LOvely course

Beautiful course, well maintained and fairly straightforward. Greens fantastic. A bit 'the same' for each hole, broadly speaking, up hill one hole and down hill the next, but pleasant. Fortunate there was little breeze when we played. Trees are main hazard. One or two places might benefit from extra signage, but this is a small criticism. Thoroughly recommend this course. Friendly staff, etc.

Great old course

This is one of those old style parkland courses, not long but well laid out with mature trees and well placed bunkers. It was in beautiful conditions and played superbly with fast fairways and greens. It rewards straight play since it has quite narrow fairways. There are some spectacular sea views and a real mix of holes. It is a course that is well worth playing.

OK but no signing

Nice course, fairly easy walking, good greens but the major problem for a first time visitor was the signing, no picture on scorecard, nothing on tee boards, no next tee signs, made it far more difficult than it should have been, took away the lot of the enjoyment but would be much better on a second visit. Stunning views over Torbay.

Poor greens

This was the first time I have played this course and with all its the reputation of such a splendid course I was very excited about playing. Playing off temp tees I had no issue with as we are playing early spring and the fairways are lush and forgiving but the greens are atrocious with so much sand on you may as well play on the beach. Score cards could do with a map on to help first timers like myself and the party I was playing with as direction diagrams on the tees were not in situ. The course has some beautiful views and make the game very pleasant . The major issue is the snobbery and attitude of some of the members who think it to be only for them and visitors are something they've just trod in and it's this that makes me feel I would not go back and play this course again shame as I thought with the way things are golf clubs would enjoy new members and customers

Ipplepen, Teignbridge