A view of the 18th green and bunkers with the beautiful clubhouse at Vale Royal Abbey Golf Club Club

Type Private
Slope N/A
Rating N/A
Vale Royal Abbey Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1998
Architect Simon Gidman (1998)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Jcb

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Visit spoilt by members

Don’t get me wrong this is a quality course.
Well maintained and in great shape, however the layout was poor with no signage to next tee, mainly off the 1st green we actually got lost.
Bunkers were like I’ve never seen before, like the designer didn’t know when to end.
Very challenging.
What ruined it for us was we were stuck behind a 4 ball (which we were fine with) and the group behind us phoned the pro shop to complain of slow play and the guy came out to us in a buggy (he was very embarrassed).but explained he had to be seen to be doing something about it.
18th is a great hole. Buildings are beautiful.
Unfortunately we felt it had a snobby feel to it.
Won’t be returning.

Worth a Visit

I booked to play Vale Royal after hearing positive reviews from friends. We visited as a group of 3 and were all impressed with the course.
The layout and challenge of the course gives a brilliant but fair test of golf. Some memorable holes such as the 7th with water all along the left side and a tight green.
We got caught being a couple of groups which made pace slow but other than that the afternoon was enjoyable.
I’d recommend playing this course and will be back soon.

Great course, value for money from deal off golfnow, not worth full price. Expected the greens to be running a little quicker only downside.

Twilight joy

Played once before and memory did not let me down. Some of the holes are quite long and the bunkers are absolutely huge but run offs not too unkind. The greens are amazing. Reachable par 4s make it worthwhile even for intermediate golfers. I will be back

Challenging Course

This course is a real challenge plenty of tight fairways, blind tee shots and well protected greens. Course was in good condition would definitely play here again !

Best course played all winter

With all the rain this winter the course remain in the best condition i have played all winter across England. Fairways firm, Greens fast and allways challenging. Played twice this winter and will be there again in January. Good warm up area including a net, or the collect the balls on the range up to 200 yards practice area. The 12th is a hole to make you think if your looking to be on the green in 2 ?

Place blows

Arrived via 1 hour taxi at 130 for 248 tee time. Had rearranged rental set and when I arrived was advised the clubs sucked but he would get them after club players were finished. I went for a sangwich and pint and came back now 30 minutes until my tee time. Was told that the players were being pulled off the course due to rain so I couldnt play. The sun was out and I saw other players on the course. I asked about my money and he said that why they dont like players to use golf now. He told me to contact golf now and tell them the couse was closed due to rain for my refund. I asked if I could at least hit a bucket of balls and was advised that the balls had not been shagged from the previous day and there werent any to hit. SWEET!!! I had no signal and thebfuybsaid that there were no taxis that he could call. I walked 12 miles to a fueling station where they called me a cab... 150 pounds for nothing!!!!

Royal Vale Abbey GC

I booked this course via Golfnow at the last minute and had an early start at Royal Vale Abbey. The reviews of this course are absolutely spot on, this is a stunning and challenging parkland course in excellent condition.
I have played four courses in the Cheshire area in past couple of weeks and none can come anywhere near the condition of this course.
The course is a credit to the ground staff and all those involved.
I got this for just over £20 and it is the best twenty pounds I have spent in a long time.
I look forward to my next visit.

On arriving at Vale royal we was told by the pro that there was a comp on called the green keepers revenge and that he was going out in front and would pick up the hoops and other props on his way round so that they didn’t get in the way of our game. He also said he couldn’t do anything about the tractor, however at this time I presumed he meant a tractor being parked some where to the side of the fairway. As we got round to the 13th we found the tractor which was parked directly in front of the pin just off the green. We had no shot in at all and it ruined (made worse) everyone’s score card. On top of this the pin positions were in ridiculous places, one being I tiny bit off the green. On the 17th it felt a little like crazy golf as you were putting past the hole for it to come back down the slope to where it started. I understand there was a fun comp on for the members however they should have let us know this before we booked the round. Other then this it was a nice course and very well kept. Greens were brilliant however we did find we got lost a couple of times moving from holes. A map on the back of the scorecard would have been helpful. I would come back again however would probably e-mail a head to make sure you don’t have to contend with a tractor.

Great course very tricky and tight fairways

Great day at course very challenging and no doubt some players come off with big scores? Greens are fast but and well maintained.

Chipping area
putting area
driving range

Vale Royal Abbey

Played 10 Apr 2019. Conditions cold and slightly windy. Course oozes quality with every hole giving something to think about. Fairways in really good conditions (esp given weather) but greens were excellent, beautifully maintained, true and commanded attention. Picturesque course with many attractive features
Although played before could not remember layout. A member helped out with a scorecard and politely showed me first tee.
Would def recommend this course !

Played here for 1st time week before so booked again for week after they say first impressions count great course great greens friendly staff

Not bad

Course looked a bit unkempt in places greens were ok very slow play though

Beautiful course well worth a try

I turned up yesterday to play vale royal and was blown away by it, one of the best and stunning club houses I have seen, great warm up facilities and a fantastic course. I am not a long hitter and this did cause me a couple of issues on a few holes as there are some long holes but they are fairly balanced off with a couple of shorter ones straight after. The course condition where very good and the greens where fast for the time of year. There are a lot of bunkers which are well placed and I did hit a few but managed to get out with no issues. A fantastic course and I can’t wait to play again, my only issue was I had to play with anther group instead of on my own, which I prefer.

January 2019

Very windy. Given the time of year, the course and greens were in great condition.

Sandiway, Cuddington