Type Private
Vale Royal Abbey Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Simon Gidman (1998)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Jcb

Royal Vale Abbey GC

I booked this course via Golfnow at the last minute and had an early start at Royal Vale Abbey. The reviews of this course are absolutely spot on, this is a stunning and challenging parkland course in excellent condition.
I have played four courses in the Cheshire area in past couple of weeks and none can come anywhere near the condition of this course.
The course is a credit to the ground staff and all those involved.
I got this for just over £20 and it is the best twenty pounds I have spent in a long time.
I look forward to my next visit.

On arriving at Vale royal we was told by the pro that there was a comp on called the green keepers revenge and that he was going out in front and would pick up the hoops and other props on his way round so that they didn’t get in the way of our game. He also said he couldn’t do anything about the tractor, however at this time I presumed he meant a tractor being parked some where to the side of the fairway. As we got round to the 13th we found the tractor which was parked directly in front of the pin just off the green. We had no shot in at all and it ruined (made worse) everyone’s score card. On top of this the pin positions were in ridiculous places, one being I tiny bit off the green. On the 17th it felt a little like crazy golf as you were putting past the hole for it to come back down the slope to where it started. I understand there was a fun comp on for the members however they should have let us know this before we booked the round. Other then this it was a nice course and very well kept. Greens were brilliant however we did find we got lost a couple of times moving from holes. A map on the back of the scorecard would have been helpful. I would come back again however would probably e-mail a head to make sure you don’t have to contend with a tractor.

Great course very tricky and tight fairways

Great day at course very challenging and no doubt some players come off with big scores? Greens are fast but and well maintained.

Chipping area
putting area
driving range

Vale Royal Abbey

Played 10 Apr 2019. Conditions cold and slightly windy. Course oozes quality with every hole giving something to think about. Fairways in really good conditions (esp given weather) but greens were excellent, beautifully maintained, true and commanded attention. Picturesque course with many attractive features
Although played before could not remember layout. A member helped out with a scorecard and politely showed me first tee.
Would def recommend this course !

Played here for 1st time week before so booked again for week after they say first impressions count great course great greens friendly staff

Not bad

Course looked a bit unkempt in places greens were ok very slow play though

Beautiful course well worth a try

I turned up yesterday to play vale royal and was blown away by it, one of the best and stunning club houses I have seen, great warm up facilities and a fantastic course. I am not a long hitter and this did cause me a couple of issues on a few holes as there are some long holes but they are fairly balanced off with a couple of shorter ones straight after. The course condition where very good and the greens where fast for the time of year. There are a lot of bunkers which are well placed and I did hit a few but managed to get out with no issues. A fantastic course and I can’t wait to play again, my only issue was I had to play with anther group instead of on my own, which I prefer.

January 2019

Very windy. Given the time of year, the course and greens were in great condition.

Most enjoyable day

A great course to play and as it turned out the weather was great so made it even more enjoyable. The staff were professional and very helpful along with the members. Look forward to playing this course again.

Worth every penny!

Really impressed by the whole experience I had at this course. It’s in beautiful setting, interesting but tough parkland course in great condition for time of year. Greens were immaculate, fast and tricky. Bit of a walk but not that bad. Could do with a course map and pictures of holes on tees but other than that faultless and fully recommended.

Outstanding course

We stayed at The Mere hotel and had two rounds of golf included in the package and after playing our first round we were so disapppinted we decided to look for another local course to play the following day. We came across this one and it didn’t disappoint us, outstanding course, fairways perfect, greens perfect and some of the holes were an absolute joy to play.
We will definitely return,

Vale Royal

Staff very friendly and helpful
Course in good condition we arrived a bit early and were told that all tee times were booked before us so we couldn’t go out early
The four ball that went out before us let us through on the 1st as they were looking for a ball after that we had a clear run to the end
Quality course and something for everyone 3.5 hours for 18 holes is acceptable

What a difference

20 years since I have played here and what a difference. The layout is excellent and the greens were outstanding.

The definition of the holes with the development of the natural undulations and growth of the planting make this a real must with the only slight disappointment being the 10th and the sand in the bunkers which was really dense and made it very difficult and the number of them meant you are bound to find a few on your visit.

Staff really friendly too.

Buy a course planner as there is plenty of trouble waiting for you that is not necessarily obvious from the tee

Mid week game with friends

We look to play a different course each week or each couple of weeks and so are able to compare from experience. Course was in great condition given the recent hot conditions, greens were very good and running at a good pace. Friendly and helpful staff, thank you to Brian the assistant Pro & the bar staff for looking after us. Would recommend and will play again.

Overall very good value for money. Only critisism was there were no course maps available.

After being a member here for the best of ten years, I fancied trying it again after an 8 year absence. I was extremely impressed with the way the course has matured and the greens are now of an extremely high standard. Pace of play was fine as we weren't in any rush as the weather conditions were perfect later into the round when it started to slow slightly. The course is now a credit to the area and truly a challenging setup to play. My playing partner who hadn't played the course before was suitably impressed, and we both agreed to return again.

A must for everyone

Played this course for first time,Pro in shop not very helpful,but apart from that a fabulous course in top condition considering the wet winter we've just had,greens in top notch condition,lots of sand,will definitely be going back,an excellent test

Sandiway, Cuddington
Antrobus, Cheshire West and Chester
Knutsford, Cheshire East
Oscroft, Cheshire West and Chester

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.